You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints 2017 offseason talk:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Thomas would be perfect way to round out that D. SF is the biggest risk of him being taken before our pick correct?

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Bengals just signed LB Kevin Minter. Foster might be available with our 11th pick.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, after the last few seasons I *really* don't wanna get too hyped but our team is looking awesome. We fired a bunch of the dead weight coaches, and we have probably 1 hole in the starting lineup, and no team is perfect. Need to stay healthy for once and that's where I'm wary, but if we DO stay healthy, we get a 1st round bye, calling it now. #Hypetrain

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Thought just crossed my mind, after all the bullshish with Galette and his woman beating ways I'm disgusted we are even looking at Mixon.

Not defending trying to defend Mixon exactly, but honestly the woman did put her hands on him first and it wasn't just a push to get him away before he hit her. I personally don't feel it's right to hit a woman, but if we are talking about equality here, then she shouldn't have put her hands on him and he was defending himself.

Also people can and do learn from their mistakes, so if all of their background checks and crap checkout on Mixon having learned from his mistake and being a model citizen since then, then I can understand them putting him on their board. I probably wouldn't touch him unless he was there in the 4th round at the earliest but just saying.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Thought just crossed my mind, after all the bullshish with Galette and his woman beating ways I'm disgusted we are even looking at Mixon.

Not defending trying to defend Mixon exactly, but honestly the woman did put her hands on him first and it wasn't just a push to get him away before he hit her. I personally don't feel it's right to hit a woman, but if we are talking about equality here, then she shouldn't have put her hands on him and he was defending himself.

Also people can and do learn from their mistakes, so if all of their background checks and crap checkout on Mixon having learned from his mistake and being a model citizen since then, then I can understand them putting him on their board. I probably wouldn't touch him unless he was there in the 4th round at the earliest but just saying.
Its a pile of BS. I've seen the video, that's not equality and its not self defense. He was in no danger whatsoever. If Mixon knocking that girl out was "self defense" then Cardell Hayes should get an effing medal for the Will Smith killing. I'll probably [inappropriate/removed] some people off with that one, but it's the truth.

I just don't buy this line of thinking raves.you can say you're not defending him, but when your next 2 sentences are in his defense it sure seems like you are.

it's a man who is one of the best athletes in the world hitting someone who doesn't stand a chance against him physically. I don't care if she touched him first, he's a soon to be pro athlete, he should be able to handle a girl pushing him.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL
If Saints want Butler, it would be for their pick, 11th overall. You decide if that trade happens.

Michael Giardi‏Verified account @MikeGiardi
there's noise. I'm just waiting to drop it

Yeah if it's the 11th, I'm out. 32nd I'd begrudgingly accept, but the 11th is a no no. We'll see.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got the 32nd pick for Brandin Cooks. They ain't getting the 11th for Butler unless we're truly that stupid. Which wouldn't be completely shocking.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
If Saints want Butler, it would be for their pick, 11th overall. You decide if that trade happens.

Yeah if it's the 11th, I'm out. 32nd I'd begrudgingly accept, but the 11th is a no no. We'll see.

What Lombardi is saying is the Saints only option right now is to sign Butler to an offer sheet and ship #11 to Pats if they don't match. Saints cannot trade for Butler until he signs his tender with the Pats, so even if the Pats only wanted #32 it can't happen.

Mack on the sig
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

What Lombardi is saying is the Saints only option right now is to sign Butler to an offer sheet and ship #11 to Pats if they don't match. Saints cannot trade for Butler until he signs his tender with the Pats, so even if the Pats only wanted #32 it can't happen.
This has been discussed plenty. What we're all talking about is that perhaps the Patriots will, in good faith, ship Butler back to the Saints after he signs his tender, or renegotiates. This would eliminate the RFA issue, and the 11th pick issue.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

This has been discussed plenty. What we're all talking about is that perhaps the Patriots will, in good faith, ship Butler back to the Saints after he signs his tender, or renegotiates. This would eliminate the RFA issue, and the 11th pick issue.

You are reading too much into the Lombardi tweet. He is not saying the Pats/Saints are even considering the 11th pick. He's basically stating the obvious, #32 can't get traded and BB will NOT negotiate any trade until the tender is signed. There is no wink nod agreement. Two options at the moment are give Pats #11 (which he's said is not happening) or Saints are not getting Butler. There is no 3rd option for the #32 atm. Again, Lombardi is just stating the obvious and theres no need to be concerned about the 11th pick.

Mack on the sig
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean BB won't negotiate until the tender is signed? They've been in talks for over a week. You mean he won't agree to a trade? Of course not, he couldn't trade him until then anyways.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
What do you mean BB won't negotiate until the tender is signed? They've been in talks for over a week. You mean he won't agree to a trade? Of course not, he couldn't trade him until then anyways.

Saints have been negotiating with Butler, not with BB. BB will not talk about players that are not signed. Never has. He's very particular about that sort of stuff.

Mack on the sig
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

Saints have been negotiating with Butler, not with BB. BB will not talk about players that are not signed. Never has. He's very particular about that sort of stuff.
Maybe.

I don't think there is some wink wink thing going on with Payton and BB, but I do believe their relationship and common interest in hating Goodell has them a lot closer than you think.

I certainly don't think BB will do them any favors, he'll get the most he can for Butler and I don't think they've agreed on a compensation. How could they if BB hasn't explored every option? Like you said, BB doesn't discuss these kinds of trades.

I think it's very possible they've discussed ballparks and the Saints know they have a shot at Butler, otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time getting a contract together cause they won't give up 11. BB has said in the past that it's against the rules to discuss a trade if they're not signed, that's why he's against it. Let's be real, BB and SP have both had their fair share of run-ins with rules, and I think that common ground and their already good relationship could certainly grease the wheels for BB to at least give Payton an idea of what it would take.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
You are reading too much into the Lombardi tweet. He is not saying the Pats/Saints are even considering the 11th pick. He's basically stating the obvious, #32 can't get traded and BB will NOT negotiate any trade until the tender is signed. There is no wink nod agreement. Two options at the moment are give Pats #11 (which he's said is not happening) or Saints are not getting Butler. There is no 3rd option for the #32 atm. Again, Lombardi is just stating the obvious and theres no need to be concerned about the 11th pick.
You know this for a fact? Wow, impressive.

The fact is, none of us know what is going on, it's speculation on all counts.

If the Saints and Patriots have had, as you put it, zero discussion on the matter, then both clubs are retarded.

I sure hope we get the opportunity to show you that you're wrong.
iothar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
You know this for a fact? Wow, impressive.

The fact is, none of us know what is going on, it's speculation on all counts.

If the Saints and Patriots have had, as you put it, zero discussion on the matter, then both clubs are retarded.

I sure hope we get the opportunity to show you that you're wrong.

Eight years ago, Belichick made clear his disdain for discussing trades of players who have not yet signed tender offers, regarding the possibility of acquiring former-and-present Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers.

“There’s no trade talks going on with Carolina,” Belichick said at the time. “They don’t have a signed contract. They can’t talk about trading a player that isn’t signed.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/12/unsigned-tender-kept-malcolm-butler-out-of-brandin-cooks-talks/

BB does not discuss trades involving players without a tender being signed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 26 of 35

Jump to: