Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Last Games in a Packer Uniform?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOnlyThing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Last Games in a Packer Uniform? Reply with quote

We all know that there will be significant turnover of the roster this offseason just as there is with every year for every team throughout the NFL.

Who's done in Green Bay? Here are my top 5 candidates:

1) Datone Jones: One of the poster children for the defensive failures the past four seasons. A supposedly athletic DE, he failed there and was moved to OLB this season where he came up with a whopping 1 sack and 22 combined tackles. He is best known for his boneheaded offsides penalties. Not even TT would overpay this near bust, would he?

2) James Starks: It was a mistake to resign this over 30 RB last offseason. Plus, the cap hit is less than $1,000,000. Thanks for 2010 James.

3) Christine Michael: An NFL journeyman who is easily replaceable.

4) Julius Peppers: Old, expensive, and declining performer. Hard to see GB ponying up Pep's going rate and why would he want to take a discount on what he had been making?

5) Sam Shields: No way the team can ever count on him again. If he doesn't retire, no way to justify his salary. Let's hope sanity prevails and Sam protects his brain from further trauma.

Who do you got?
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Games in a Packer Uniform? Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:
We all know that there will be significant turnover of the roster this offseason just as there is with every year for every team throughout the NFL.

1) Datone Jones: One of the poster children for the defensive failures the past four seasons. A supposedly athletic DE, he failed there and was moved to OLB this season where he came up with a whopping 1 sack and 22 combined tackles. He is best known for his boneheaded offsides penalties. Not even TT would overpay this near bust, would he?

2) James Starks: It was a mistake to resign this over 30 RB last offseason. Plus, the cap hit is less than $1,000,000. Thanks for 2010 James.

4) Julius Peppers: Old, expensive, and declining performer. Hard to see GB ponying up Pep's going rate and why would he want to take a discount on what he had been making?

5) Sam Shields: No way the team can ever count on him again. If he doesn't retire, no way to justify his salary. Let's hope sanity prevails and Sam protects his brain from further trauma.

Who do you got?

Lang and Cook are also FA.

I hope both Lang, Cook and Peppers are back. I think Pep may be interested in a cheap deal and we may be as well. He's a nice piece to have and well he's never hurt which is more than we can say about Perry, M3 or any other LB on this team this year. he suited up every game.

The rest you noted can all walk. Datone will be cheap I really wish we had kept him inside he can cause pressure he just can't stuff the run. Sheilds money can be spent on a replacement having a Good number one corner that has some experience is huge. Killed us this year with the all teen group.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones only had one sack this year? Unbelievable Laughing

Pisses and moans until he's able to play standing up more, and still can't produce with a full offseason under his belt and a bevy of injuries in front of him.

Wow is he one of the most frustrating selections of TT's tenure.
cooters22

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Games in a Packer Uniform? Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:

Who do you got?

I'd go with all five you got as well; I don't see us giving Lang much more than 5,6 a year. I think he'd grab it, but I wouldn't overpay for him. He's not 21 anymore and quite honestly gets dinged a lot. Cook and Perry will both be back at around 7 million per season.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Sam Shields. If reports are to believed, he still hasn't recovered from his concussion 5? months after it happened. It is time to hang them up.

2. TJ Lang. He is currently injured. He would be a 3rd contract player.

3. James Starks. Had his best season in 2015, completely disappeared in 2016. It is probably time. That said, it wouldn't be too surprising if he were at least given a shot in TC next season.

4. Julius Peppers. I think he retires, or chases a ring somewhere else.

5. JC Tretter. I thought he was the better of the two centers. He cannot stay healthy.

Everyone else was a non-factor. I don't think they should bring back Datone or Hyde, but I think they will.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
1. Sam Shields. If reports are to believed, he still hasn't recovered from his concussion 5? months after it happened. It is time to hang them up.

3. James Starks. Had his best season in 2015, completely disappeared in 2016. It is probably time. That said, it wouldn't be too surprising if he were at least given a shot in TC next season.

5. JC Tretter. I thought he was the better of the two centers. He cannot stay healthy.

Everyone else was a non-factor. I don't think they should bring back Datone or Hyde, but I think they will.

With Hyde's versatility he makes a good #3 DB. He isn't a #1 but we can win with a guy like him. We also gotta bring back Cookie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

With Hyde's versatility he makes a good #3 DB. He isn't a #1 but we can win with a guy like him. We also gotta bring back Cookie.

With the clamor for adding a CB in the draft and/or free agency, I see no reason to pay a player like Hyde a second contract. I don't see what he adds that isn't already covered by Brice, Evans, Gunter, Randall, or Rollins, and they are all on rookie contracts. Add said FA or 1st or 2nd pick, in my opinion, giving Hyde second contract money would be a waste. That said, I fully expect the Packers to pay him, I just don't think that is a great use of money.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

TheOnlyThing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyde played really well against Dallas and his contribution to sending the Boys home will always be appreciated.

However, his physical limitations were on full display against Atlanta. Exploited over and over by a faster WR. We've seen that numerous times the past several years.

The backfield is really slow with Gunter & Hyde. Time to move on and devote limited resources elsewhere.
pollino14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

If Lang goes, I can't see them getting rid of Tretter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so because Hyde is limited in speed we should disregard everything else he brings to the table?

then we can be down one more cornerback.

profit.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
so because Hyde is limited in speed we should disregard everything else he brings to the table?

then we can be down one more cornerback.

profit.

Hyde can come back, he's just not a guy I bring back before the start of FA. He's a soft market candidate. He is replaceable by draft pick and can be improved upon by an early DP or FA. Rollins on the roster could also be a candidate internally for his role.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to commit money to Hyde, I agree.

Think it's time to move on from Cobb. I don't see why his snaps couldn't be eaten up by a combo of Adams, Nelson, Cook, Monty, Davis, Geronimo with little to no drop-off.

He's too small or injury prone to hold up to the usage that makes him effective and worth his contract. The WR position is elevated so much by Rodgers' play.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:

Think it's time to move on from Cobb. I don't see why his snaps couldn't be eaten up by a combo of Adams, Nelson, Cook, Monty, Davis, Geronimo with little to no drop-off.

He's too small or injury prone to hold up to the usage that makes him effective and worth his contract. The WR position is elevated so much by Rodgers' play.

You're not replacing Cobb's snaps with another full time player. You're asking Allison or Davis to take over those snaps and neither has shown that they're capable of starting full time.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we haven't seen the last of Lacy, Lang, Cook, and Perry. Those four are the FA's I want back the most.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:

You're not replacing Cobb's snaps with another full time player. You're asking Allison or Davis to take over those snaps and neither has shown that they're capable of starting full time.

I'm replacing him with Monty. And replacing monty with a RB. When Monty plays RB, I'm replacing him with Allison, and occasionally Davis.

Monty needs to be a full time player, but can't be a full time RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: