Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl LI: Patriots v. Falcons
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we win?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 27 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 31

keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Super Bowl LI: Patriots v. Falcons Reply with quote

Even though we're still reveling in last night's victory, it's never too early to start some Super Bowl chatter.

This is going to be a very difficult game, I think. It's only the second game of the postseason where the two teams did not meet in the regular season (DET-SEA was the first).

Atlanta's offensive ranks:

Yards per game: 2nd
Points per game: 1st
Passing yards per game: 3rd
Pass yards per attempt: 1st
Pass TDs: 2nd
INTs: T-4th
Completion percentage: 3rd
Rushing yards per game: 5th
Rushing yards per attempt: 5th
Rush TDs: T-3rd

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
iothar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game comes down to how well Tevin Coleman can be covered. Double Julio with Ryan/Butler on Sanu and Rowe on Gabriel.

Coleman and whichever Tight end (Hooper?) can work Chung and Van Noy.
Hunter2_1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about ATL this season. Will go back and do a bit of research before commenting. Going to be nerve wracked though.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly non-worried about this game - not because I think it's a definite win, but because for the first time in a long time, I don't actively hate the opposition. Win or lose, I don't think I could begrudge the Falcons their first SB.

That said, it should be a good game. BB's built his career shutting down great offenses (90s Bills, GSOT, '04 Colts), so this should be an interesting challenge.

I would bet they bracket Jones with Rowe (because of his size) and McCourty but Butler on Sanu and Ryan on Gabriel. But that will only mean anything if they can get pressure. Ryan is a less of a threat to scramble than Ben, so they don't need to worry about spying him, so some exotic blitzes early might be a good way to hit him off his rhythm.

I imagine it will be the reverse of the Steelers plan, stop the big chunk plays downfield, try to get them to lean on the run game. Recent years, the Pats D has had a problem with backs catching passes out of the backfield, and both Coleman and Freeman have made plays in the pass game....I wouldn't be surprised if that was a focus. That said, if Ryan is having to dump off to RBs every dropback, that's a victory.

On offense, I'm not concerned much about Vic Beasley - Solder and Cannon are playing well, and edge rushers rarely bother Brady - but Hageman looked to be getting good pressure up the middle against GB. Unless Quinn has been living in a cave on Mars for the last decade, he will know that's the way to get at Brady too. If Brady has time, I don't think the Falcons DBs can cover this WR corps.

Expecting a relatively high-scoring affair, something like 34-30. It has the potential to be a great game.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter2_1 wrote:
Don't know much about ATL this season. Will go back and do a bit of research before commenting. Going to be nerve wracked though.

Every component of their offense is good, including the offensive line. Over their last 8 games, they're averaging 37.5 points per game. The defense is susceptible to good offenses but can buckle down when the offense gets a lead.

This should be interesting. They are the 3rd (NE) and 4th (ATL) best teams in give/take with +12 and +11 ratios, respectively. I'm sure Belichick and staff will take a long, hard look at the Falcons' game earlier in the season against Philadelphia.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
Hunter2_1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon Butler on Jones, mostly. I wouldnt be too excited about Rowe on Jones. Jones might be big, but he's also fast (the ****). Cannon to handle Beasley, and I trust our interior to hold up against their DL - GB ended up hobbled on their OL. I also saw Hageman go down, and not sure what is status is.

I really don't know much about Ryan. What is his poison, and how is he usually defeated?
Hunter2_1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
Hunter2_1 wrote:

Every component of their offense is good, including the offensive line. Over their last 8 games, they're averaging 37.5 points per game. The defense is susceptible to good offenses but can buckle down when the offense gets a lead.

This should be interesting. They are the 3rd (NE) and 4th (ATL) best teams in give/take with +12 and +11 ratios, respectively. I'm sure Belichick and staff will take a long, hard look at the Falcons' game earlier in the season against Philadelphia.

Christ, that average. Shocked

I can almost see Brady and BB already pouring over footage. Matt P will have his work cut out this week.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already hyped. This is going to be a long 2 weeks.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coleman is scary

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julio will get his no matter what. I suspect they double him maybe put Ryan on Sanu Pats can stop the run, get moderate pressure on QB, and I think the Pats can score on that D.

Patriots 38

Falcons 31
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter2_1 wrote:
I reckon Butler on Jones, mostly. I wouldnt be too excited about Rowe on Jones. Jones might be big, but he's also fast (the ****). Cannon to handle Beasley, and I trust our interior to hold up against their DL - GB ended up hobbled on their OL. I also saw Hageman go down, and not sure what is status is.

I really don't know much about Ryan. What is his poison, and how is he usually defeated?

Well, you have to play ball control on offense to primarily keep their offense off the field. That's what the Eagles did in November, rushing for over 200 yards and keeping the ball for 66% of the time. As far as defensive scheme goes when Atlanta's offense is actually on the field, you have to suffocate their receivers. Easier said than done.

animaltested wrote:
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coleman catching out of the backfield is the X factor here. This defense has proven they can take away your biggest threat at receiver, which is clearly Julio, but Coleman is going to get loose and he can win games for them.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else do what I do and avoid sports talk shows and pundits and ESPN and all that during these two weeks? The teams are put under a microscope and the game gets over analyzed to death. It just gets me nervous and annoyed Laughing

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
DMG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bold prediction: Atlanta held to <=20 points.

This can't possibly be an autocorrect for Asante Samuel.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: