Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl LI: Atlanta Falcons vs. New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
More disappointing than the Falcons loss, is how inactive the Falcons forum is on FF. And I thought the Giants forum was desolate.

Yep. When your super bowl thread only gets two pages.. Shocked
G08

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not here to pile on -- I genuinely feel awful for you -- but I think Brady/Belichick are on a mission to rule the NFL and your team just happened to be in the way this season.

I just wish Kyle Shanahan would have run the damn ball 3 times and had your team in range for a FG.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not the last we hear from the Falcons, you guys will be back, a lot of very tough breaks had to happen for the outcome to be what it is. Too good of a team to not contend for many years.
jarren

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Not here to pile on -- I genuinely feel awful for you -- but I think Brady/Belichick are on a mission to rule the NFL and your team just happened to be in the way this season.

I just wish Kyle Shanahan would have run the damn ball 3 times and had your team in range for a FG.

The only reason Brady and Bill have another ring is because of the complete incompetence of the coaching staff. Brady and Bill should send them some money or at least a thank you card. The play calling on 3rd and 1 which led the the fumble and not running 3 straight times after the Julio catch will go down as some of the dumbest play calling in history imo.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
I am not even a falcons fan and I left the bar with utter disgust. What a shame Matt Ryan just threw the game away at the end. The sack when in fg range was the nail in the coffin for the falcons. A total shutdown from their mvp qb cost them dearly.

I feel the same way as you. I don't think I have seen the Chargers collapse that bad ever. And I have seen many charger collapses. Patriots, Broncos, Patriots. This feels like a 3 year offseason.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to keep things 100. I don't think the falcons rebound from this in my lifetime. If they do, I will be amazed
kdsmooth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle shanahan just replaced pete carol for dumbest play calling in super bowl. this game will forever haunt ATL fans.
if it wasn't for pete carol & kyle shanahan having a brain fart brady/belichek would be 3-4 in superbowl instead 5-2 and cementing there legacy as best ever.
F*%K TOM BRADY AND HIS MOM Evil or Very Mad
birdman70

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily the most difficult loss to swallow in my whole life as a fan. You just can't get away from the "2 runs and a field goal" thought pattern.
But to put things in perspective, we really weren't expecting this much out of this year's team. Here's hoping that the offense can perform similarly next year, and the defense matures into a more solid unit next year. If so, we might see a historic run out of these guys. So much of our defensive talent is young, and we're getting Trufant back on top of that. The arrow is pointing up for this group and I wouldn't expect any SB hangover from this team, because the leadership is so strong, from the coaching to the players. We may just get another shot at these guys next year.
GFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle officially a 9er. I was the biggest fan of him from the day he got fired and especially this season but after that crap he pulled at the end of the game yesterday, good riddance. Seems like he was focused on his new job during the second half. Good riddance but I wish him luck.

Thoughts on Chip Kelly and the future of this offense?

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Schlacko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a single post between 5:54 pm and 10:30 pm, although the thread has nearly 3k views and only 38 replies
If I didn't know better, I'd say some mod deleted every single post made during the game
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
kyle officially a 9er. I was the biggest fan of him from the day he got fired and especially this season but after that crap he pulled at the end of the game yesterday, good riddance. Seems like he was focused on his new job during the second half. Good riddance but I wish him luck.

Chip kelly would be cancer as an nfl offensive coordinator. He belongs in college. You guys may want to convince Norv Turner to become your OC
iothar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

Chip kelly would be cancer as an nfl offensive coordinator. He belongs in college. You guys may want to convince Norv Turner to become your OC

Think Chip ends up on the Pats next year. He was rumored to be interviewing with them earlier this year.
rfournier103

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the Falcons and their fans for a great season.

Matt Ryan is the real deal and an elite quarterback. You're lucky to have him. Everyone at my house thought the Patriots' goose was cooked for sure.

The Falcons are a great team. I'm sure they'll be back in the Super Bowl sooner rather than later.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iothar wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

Think Chip ends up on the Pats next year. He was rumored to be interviewing with them earlier this year.

Sarkisian was hired. I bet chip goes to bama as an OC
iothar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Ryan is the classiest dude. He took a ton of questions about the game and really showed a ton of class and composure after that loss. Really impressed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: