Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jeff Fisher DC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APOPTOSIS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Jeff Fisher DC? Reply with quote

Don't think this has been talked about at all. Probably the most viable option at DC now that Bradley is off the table.
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeff Fisher DC? Reply with quote

APOPTOSIS wrote:
Don't think this has been talked about at all. Probably the most viable option at DC now that Bradley is off the table.

I wouldn't say he is. And I'd be surprised if he wanted to go that route. He gets paid regardless, and he may just feel like its time to ride off

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'll pass...

Pagano is better and should be the target as of now before his brother brings him to Indy...
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagano was the DC from 12-15 with SD

Per FO, the Chargers defensive rank:

2012-18
2013-32
2014-25
2015-28
2016-8

So he's been terrible there up until this season. He did get a game changer in Bosa so that obviously helped.

El ramster on the sig
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

2012-18
2013-32
2014-25
2015-28
2016-8

So he's been terrible there up until this season. He did get a game changer in Bosa so that obviously helped.

They had no game changers on that side of the ball, at any level until they acquired Melvin Ingram, then Bosa this past season. Once they shored up the secondary and got Bosa, you could see it coming together. Numbers don't always tell the whole story. Give Pagano some talent, which I think we do have on that side of the ball, add in some veteran talent through free agency and then draft to fill other voids and I think he'll be a hit here.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

2012-18
2013-32
2014-25
2015-28
2016-8

They had no game changers on that side of the ball, at any level until they acquired Melvin Ingram, then Bosa this past season. Once they shored up the secondary and got Bosa, you could see it coming together. Numbers don't always tell the whole story. Give Pagano some talent, which I think we do have on that side of the ball, add in some veteran talent through free agency and then draft to fill other voids and I think he'll be a hit here.

I'd actually agree with that. While he did have some talent, draft picks or FA additions to that side of ball in Verrett, Flowers, Te'o, Perryman, Ingram, Luiget, throughout the years with Weddle is wasn't often these players were ever healthy for an extended period of time together or played up to there potential so I don't know if I can put that all on him. Ingram looked like a bust until this last year when he dropped weight and as put in a position to win as I'd hope is what we do with Lynch. That defense was quickly getting better though as soon as all the pieces started coming together. We have some pieces with our young CBs, Reid at safety, AA and DB on the DL, Bowman back and healthy hopefully and a slimmed down Lynch, again hopefully, so there's something for him to work with. Add another pass rusher and LB in the draft maybe a veteran in the secondary and I could see him doing the same here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: