Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles have signed Former bear/ram WR coach Mike Groh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
If you are relying on any current Eagles WR not named Matthews for anything.....you are silly.

And even he's not the bastion of reliability.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
People are enamored by DGB's size but we can't ignore that he was booted out of his original team in a flash. What we saw kind of confirms that decision by Tennessee. Not sure if he's even willing to develop.

Meh, keep him for an offseason and see what you have next year. Not like we have guys just waiting to make the pro bowl at that position. I'd like to see what we have with a training camp under his belt before cutting him.

And it could be likely Tennessee gave up on him early as we did Rowe, who's about to be a SB champion.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Phire wrote:
People are enamored by DGB's size but we can't ignore that he was booted out of his original team in a flash. What we saw kind of confirms that decision by Tennessee. Not sure if he's even willing to develop.

Meh, keep him for an offseason and see what you have next year. Not like we have guys just waiting to make the pro bowl at that position. I'd like to see what we have with a training camp under his belt before cutting him.

And it could be likely Tennessee gave up on him early as we did Rowe, who's about to be a SB champion.

yeah but we saw rowe play well last year for like the last handful of games. I wasn't like some big shock that he is a starting level corner in the league. DGB has literally done nothing so far.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Phire wrote:

yeah but we saw rowe play well last year for like the last handful of games. I wasn't like some big shock that he is a starting level corner in the league. DGB has literally done nothing so far.

Right. Which means teams can make mistakes and give up on guys too easy sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I find it unlikely DGB pans out but it's possible.

And honestly, 60+ rec, 900+ yards, 6 TDs isn't nothing. Granted it's not exciting but it buys him some time to prove he can't play. There's nothing to lose letting him get through our TC and letting him try to prove it on the field next year.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Danger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
If you are relying on any current Eagles WR not named Matthews for anything.....you are silly.

This.

DGB and Agholor have both shown they couldn't catch a cold let alone a football.

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Patriots don't play the same game we do. Our garbage stays garbage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Patriots don't play the same game we do. Our garbage stays garbage.

Also BB might be the best coach in NFL history at shining turds in the secondary.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: