FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Eagles have signed Former bear/ram WR coach Mike Groh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
Nice, DGB should benefit. I feel like he's a pretty big x factor this upcoming season at WR.

Why is he an X-factor?
His measurables, for one, are intriguing. Call me crazy, but he flashed quite a few times for me, showed me glimpses of a beast. Also I feel that if he really clicks with the new coach (our new WR coach known to work well with big WRs), he can be unstoppable. I feel like he can only stop himself, making him a constant x factor in my eyes.
Danger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at people who think Agholor matters at all.

#Agholol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
Nice, DGB should benefit. I feel like he's a pretty big x factor this upcoming season at WR.

Why is he an X-factor?
His measurables, for one, are intriguing. Call me crazy, but he flashed quite a few times for me, showed me glimpses of a beast. Also I feel that if he really clicks with the new coach (our new WR coach known to work well with big WRs), he can be unstoppable. I feel like he can only stop himself, making him a constant x factor in my eyes.

Ok, you're crazy.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were those flashes when your eyes were closed? Because that's called sleeping.......

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
IronLion35

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Why is he an X-factor?

His measurables are terrible.

Look at his spider graph: http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4796/

99th percentile in weight, 31st in strength. He's weak even though he's big.

95th percentile in height, 60th in arm length. He's not nearly as long as he should be given his height.

16th percentile in hand size.

Decent 40 for his size, but terrible acceleration (23rd percentile in 10 yard dash).

Zero quickness. 6th percentile in the short shuttle.

23rd percentile in vert (hmm, wonder why he hardly gets off the ground when we throw him fades).

He's a big but weak, and tall but not that long, dude with a decent 40 for his size. That's it. He's not some athletic freak. He's actually a very mediocre athlete. I wouldn't count on him to be a factor at all let alone an X-factor.

Last edited by IronLion35 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wrote:
lol at people who think Agholor matters at all.

#Agholol

He has a $2.5M +/- cap hit, so he matters.

There's reality, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Why is he an X-factor?

95th percentile in height, 60th in arm length. He's not nearly as long as he should be given his height.

Decent 40 for his size, but terrible acceleration (23rd percentile in 10 yard dash).

23rd percentile in vert (hmm, wonder why he hardly gets off the ground when we throw him fades).

He's a big but weak, and tall but not that long, dude with a decent 40 for his size. That's it. He's not some athletic freak. He's actually a very mediocre athlete. I wouldn't count on him to be a factor at all let alone an X-factor.

That's the most scientific way i've seen "He sucks" broken down on this board in quite some time.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about this guy, but as long as he has more experience than Greg Lewis, I'm cool with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Why is he an X-factor?

I'm still going with how's he being used. Look at some of those comps.

Plaxico
B. Marshall
Colston

Jury still out on Floyd.

Rookie QB last year, rookie QB/Coach this year.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
IronLion35 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Why is he an X-factor?

You can't tell me you don't find his development in this offense intriguing. That coupled with him getting a new coach who has specifically had success with bigger receivers, leads me to call him a potential x factor. It doesn't derail my pursuit of a couple upgrades at the position, but it is something to watch I feel.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're definitely signing Alshon if the Bears don't tag him. Goodbye Corey Davis Sad

No way we sign Alshon to a good sized deal and then take WR in round 1. We'll go CB for sure now or maybe DE.

It's definitely possible if Matthews isn't in their long term plans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
You can't tell me you don't find his development in this offense intriguing. That coupled with him getting a new coach who has specifically had success with bigger receivers, leads me to call him a potential x factor. It doesn't derail my pursuit of a couple upgrades at the position, but it is something to watch I feel.

What development? He didn't show any of that during the year. He ended the season with 3 straight 1 catch performances.

Unless you're talking about potential future development. Personally I'm not counting on any of these current receivers for anything other than what they've already given us. Anything more is just a bonus at this point.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

What development? He didn't show any of that during the year. He ended the season with 3 straight 1 catch performances.

Unless you're talking about potential future development. Personally I'm not counting on any of these current receivers for anything other than what they've already given us. Anything more is just a bonus at this point.
He's a young player, got here late, stunted development and was behind the learning curve all year. From what I hear he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. So a full off season to marinate in the offense, and to work with Carson throughout the normal nuances of an off season, will have a portion of my attention.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are enamored by DGB's size but we can't ignore that he was booted out of his original team in a flash. What we saw kind of confirms that decision by Tennessee. Not sure if he's even willing to develop.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are relying on any current Eagles WR not named Matthews for anything.....you are silly.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: