Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Go back to your room Dad quick offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncodad313

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Go back to your room Dad quick offseason Reply with quote

first off its a quick one so i am not going to run numbers but i will try to keep it in reasonable terms.

I think Elway feels like he has something to prove and is willing to spend some money this off season.

-Denver Current Roster Players-

Okung-i think he knows he is at a point of being cut and decides to restructure for less money.

Stephenson-cut

Sambriallo- moved to gaurd

V. Green-Cut or restructured, big disapointment

K Webster- bring him back. he is a solid #2 on alot of teams

Mcmanus- goes nowhere

-Free Agent Additions-

DE-C. Campbell- from Denver fits need, excellent player.

NT-D. Poe- double edged sword here takes any chance KC has of signing him and brings a upgrade to the Dline. even if he just eats blockers.

RT- R Reiff- a disappointment for Detroit but has upside.

OG C. Warmack- a mauler that was miss cast in Tennessee.

Draft

1.20. O.J. Howard TE Bama- true playmaker, can put him anywhere on the field mismatch heaven, good blocker to.

Trade Den 2rd and 3rd maybe late RDer to San Fran for 34

2.34. Curtis Samuel HB Athlete Ohio state- Again Denver needs play makers and speed on O. plus a returner.

4. J. Reeves-Maybin ILB Tennessee- made in the Trevathen mold.

Last edited by broncodad313 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Go back to your room Dad quick offseason Reply with quote

broncodad313 wrote:
first off its a quick one so i am not going to run numbers but i will try to keep it in reasonable terms.

I think Elway feels like he has something to prove and is willing to spend some money this off season.

Okung-i think he knows he is at a point of being cut and decides to restructure for less money.

Stephenson-cut

Mcmanus- goes nowhere

-Free Agent Additions-

NT-D. Poe- double edged sword here takes any chance KC has of signing him and brings a upgrade to the Dline. even if he just eats blockers.

Draft

1.20. O.J. Howard TE Bama- true playmaker, can put him anywhere on the field mismatch heaven, good blocker to.

2.34. Curtis Samuel HB Athlete Ohio state- Again Denver needs play makers and speed on O. plus a returner.

more to come....

Four comments:

1. Just cut Sambrailo, not strong enough for G, not quick enough for T.

2. Let Webster get paid somewhere else, the $ he'll command will be way too much for his role with us. The CB draft is so deep you can get someone in Rd 3 who can bring what Webster does in 2018, which is really when a 3rd CB will be needed.

3. Just no on trading up to get Curtis Samuel. This is an insanely deep RB class, and while Samuel is a unique blend of skills, no one in mid-Round 2 needs to trade up to get him. McCaffrey yes, Samuel no.

4. In your draft, we'd have no T's except Reiff & Okung, and Sambrailo at guard? That's an awful T/G combo for the 3 spots we need to upgrade.

I get these mocks aren't easy to do - but strengthening our trenches is the #1 priority by a mile. Any mock has to first address key core needs first before getting luxury items. I'm all for getting better at TE and adding O weapons, and preparing for 2018 CB departures, but NOT at the expense of having a bottom 5 OL - and frankly, only Reiff would be seen as an upgrade at the 3 spots we need most. LT/RT & LG are major upgrade needs.

Poe's a good target for NT, but that OL revamp would be a D+/F offseason for Elway.
broncodad313

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Go back to your room Dad quick offseason Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
broncodad313 wrote:

Stephenson-cut

Mcmanus- goes nowhere

-Free Agent Additions-

Draft

more to come....

Four comments:

1. Just cut Sambrailo, not strong enough for G, not quick enough for T.

2. Let Webster get paid somewhere else, the $ he'll command will be way too much for his role with us. The CB draft is so deep you can get someone in Rd 3 who can bring what Webster does in 2018, which is really when a 3rd CB will be needed.

3. Just no on trading up to get Curtis Samuel. This is an insanely deep RB class, and while Samuel is a unique blend of skills, no one in mid-Round 2 needs to trade up to get him. McCaffrey yes, Samuel no.

4. In your draft, we'd have no T's except Reiff & Okung, and Sambrailo at guard? That's an awful T/G combo for the 3 spots we need to upgrade.

I get these mocks aren't easy to do - but strengthening our trenches is the #1 priority by a mile. Any mock has to first address key core needs first before getting luxury items. I'm all for getting better at TE and adding O weapons, and preparing for 2018 CB departures, but NOT at the expense of having a bottom 5 OL - and frankly, only Reiff would be seen as an upgrade at the 3 spots we need most. LT/RT & LG are major upgrade needs.

Poe's a good target for NT, but that OL revamp would be a D+/F offseason for Elway.
I think McGovern makes strides and Samuel's stock will soar at the combine. Not a big fan of Okung either but I think we keep him. Play calling did not help the online at all and Trevor tends to hold the ball if his first option is not there. D-line should be set
grizmo78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your draft a lot. Howard and Samuel are both playmakers that will give our offense the edge it needs and has been missing. Those are the two guys i've been looking at early in the offseason so I would be extremely happy if we got them. I don't know anything about Maybin but I think a front-line player is a bigger need and the value would be good at that spot.

Your FA, Campbell would be nice and we'll see if he comes or not but I have a feeling he's going to be paid more than we are willing to pay. Poe IMO is overrated. He has all the athleticism and strength you could ask for but he is never the dominant player you would expect from it. At this point I think his reputation exceeds his actual play. He'll get overpaid and I hope its not by us. I would prefer a similar caliber player like Bennie Logan or Johnathan Hankins for less money. Reiff and Warmack have been disappointments and unless they come for cheap prove it deals I wouldn't be too much of a fan.

Overall your offseason would definitely improve our team and you touched on the positions of need, I just personally would prefer some others during FA. Love the draft though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: