Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion - Formerly FFMD, now... regular.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasus83

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
I really like 160 if he falls to us at 8.

assuming 160 and 176 are there... do you still take 160?

It's tough, but probably, yeah.

I'm starting to get a little married to 176 from my end. I made the argument with another player a few years ago that, no matter how devalued a position may be, a generational talent is a generational talent and can be a hallmark of your franchise. I kind of think he fits that bill. I really like 160 but I'm not 100% sold on him as being the type of player that would define a franchise like that.

Ya'll know who I lean towards and I tend to agree with the above.

A name to consider is also 200... Depending on how things fall, he might be the best talent at the time.

If 156, 212, 160 and (to a lesser extent 184) is gone... we have to consider future replacements based on age decline.

It will depend on FA, but if we have the luxury of picking anyone (as we should), 200 may end up being a top tier player for many years.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

I'm starting to get a little married to 176 from my end. I made the argument with another player a few years ago that, no matter how devalued a position may be, a generational talent is a generational talent and can be a hallmark of your franchise. I kind of think he fits that bill. I really like 160 but I'm not 100% sold on him as being the type of player that would define a franchise like that.

A name to consider is also 200... Depending on how things fall, he might be the best talent at the time.

If 156, 212, 160 and (to a lesser extent 184) is gone... we have to consider future replacements based on age decline.

It will depend on FA, but if we have the luxury of picking anyone (as we should), 200 may end up being a top tier player for many years.

I've been a little delayed in my response to your proposed BB, but it's coming. Been busy here lately. 200 is not really much on my radar at 1.8, though. Considering how often we run defenses that don't include that position, I'm not really big on continuing to draft his position group. You have to be concerned of the long term prospects of a guy like 59, but you can't predict that.

TCMD 2017 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2016 Carolina Panthers GM
FFMD 2015 Carolina Panthers AGM
Lasus83

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

I've been a little delayed in my response to your proposed BB, but it's coming. Been busy here lately. 200 is not really much on my radar at 1.8, though. Considering how often we run defenses that don't include that position, I'm not really big on continuing to draft his position group. You have to be concerned of the long term prospects of a guy like 59, but you can't predict that.

I don't even want to talk about that...

it pains me.

200 would be the plan for 58 not 59.

burnoutonme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

it pains me.

I could get that, but there's already a guy in place for that, and we're having trouble getting him on the field due to sub-packages.

Lasus83

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

it pains me.

I could get that, but there's already a guy in place for that, and we're having trouble getting him on the field due to sub-packages.

Somebody once said that "you find the best talent and worry about finding a way to get them on the field afterward".

Now, obviously that wouldn't apply to QB... So I'm not advocating Watson or anything... although that would be an interesting way to go in our draft...

Can you imagine a madden-esque offseason like that... just destroy any feasibility to the FFMD.... haha..

but for all other positions, it is true words.

I'm not gonna fight for 200... I just don't want him taken off the board for a reach.

burnoutonme

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, FFMD is over for now, y'all. Not enough forum-wide interest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: