Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Stadium?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: New Stadium? Reply with quote

I can't believe at a time where it's slow for news for us that no one has ran with this topic.

It was floated out there that Nashville is capable of holding a SB. The question was asked should the Titans build a new stadium with a retractable roof?

What are you're thoughts?

Mine is no. If the NFL wants a SB in Nashville just have it there in the cold. NY wasn't a disaster the cold wasn't why the Broncos lost vs Seahawks have another SB in a cold weather city.

I think dome teams are soft for the most part. I believe there's been 3 dome winners in history Rams Colts Saints if im missing anyone my point still stands not enough dome teams win enough championships for my liking.

The only one change I keep asking for is please please please change from grass to turf. The turf at Gillette has been awesome they take great care of it and always holds up well and has never been a problem. I know there are statistics out there of the injuries but no Patriot or team playing at Gillette has gone hurt from the turf so i would love for Nissan to add turf im sick of watching games in December with 3 different shades of green and a brown mixed all over the field from Bowl Games or Concerts or Rodeos or Soccer

Rishard Matthews 65 Rec 945 Yards 9 TD

Kalan Reed 2 Tackles 1 Assist

Sig By El Ramster
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is, in a world where at least one or two teams are building a new stadium seemingly every year, Nashville isn't going to get a Super Bowl with Nissan Stadium. It's just not pretty enough or state of the art enough to host a Super Bowl in this era.

As someone that doesn't live in Tennessee and, for the most part, would be entirely unaffected by the increase in taxes to fund a new stadium, I'm all in favor of it. Laughing

Props to mike23md on the sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
The fact is, in a world where at least one or two teams are building a new stadium seemingly every year, Nashville isn't going to get a Super Bowl with Nissan Stadium. It's just not pretty enough or state of the art enough to host a Super Bowl in this era.

As someone that doesn't live in Tennessee and, for the most part, would be entirely unaffected by the increase in taxes to fund a new stadium, I'm all in favor of it. Laughing

I second this! haha

From what I heard them talking about on the Midday 180 before the 2016 season, they were all in agreement that Nashville didn't have the hotels to accommodate a Super Bowl. I have no idea how many hotels Nashvilles has nor how many they would need, just seemed to be their opinion.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I second this! haha

From what I heard them talking about on the Midday 180 before the 2016 season, they were all in agreement that Nashville didn't have the hotels to accommodate a Super Bowl. I have no idea how many hotels Nashvilles has nor how many they would need, just seemed to be their opinion.

Nashville is growing pretty quick. While I'm not sure the infrastructure is necessarily in place to host a Super Bowl next year, by the time the planning, funding and actual building of a new stadium is completed, I think the city could manage pretty well. Because, realistically, you'd be looking at an SB in like 2023 at the earliest.

Justin615$

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just did a bunch of renovations, added huge screens, and replaced every seat. It will be a long time before they start talking about a new stadium.

2016 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Rashad Johnson : 38 TKLS, 1 PD, 1 FF
2. Sean Spence : 54 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 5 PD, 1 FF
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
They just did a bunch of renovations, added huge screens, and replaced every seat. It will be a long time before they start talking about a new stadium.

Agreed I definitely can't see anything coming within the next 10 years.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
They were all pretty standard reno's with a cost low enough that they likely have no impact on the long-term stadium situation.

I don't necessarily think a new stadium is coming in the immediate future, but I fully expect the discussions to heat up in the next five years or so. Now, the question will come down to if Nashville will pay to fund the majority of it, or we're probably a decade away from some pretty fun discussions.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
They were all pretty standard reno's with a cost low enough that they likely have no impact on the long-term stadium situation.

I don't necessarily think a new stadium is coming in the immediate future, but I fully expect the discussions to heat up in the next five years or so. Now, the question will come down to if Nashville will pay to fund the majority of it, or we're probably a decade away from some pretty fun discussions.

Probably a decade away from that...
They would build onto it before building a brand new one if you ask me. If anything they could do some of thos Miami Dolphin type changes to maybe try to make it somewhat a covered stadium?

Nashville is changing and growing, but I don't think it has grown and changed enough to build a brand new stadium after all the money put into Nissan.
VY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

I don't know that major capital projects like they've done the past couple years are necessarily standard. They were done with an eye to modernize and I don't think the notoriously cheap ownership group is going to throw down tens of millions ($15M on seat replacement alone) to just decide on building a new stadium. The payback on all that is likely a decade at least.

Also I think out of any NFL stadium I've ever been to, you can't beat the location of ours. Walkable from downtown and close to all the bars/restaurants down there. So I'd hope that would never happen and honestly the way things are going league-wide it'd be dumb. More and more people opt to watch at home anyways.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

I don't know that major capital projects like they've done the past couple years are necessarily standard. They were done with an eye to modernize and I don't think the notoriously cheap ownership group is going to throw down tens of millions ($15M on seat replacement alone) to just decide on building a new stadium. The payback on all that is likely a decade at least.

Also I think out of any NFL stadium I've ever been to, you can't beat the location of ours. Walkable from downtown and close to all the bars/restaurants down there. So I'd hope that would never happen and honestly the way things are going league-wide it'd be dumb. More and more people opt to watch at home anyways.

I agree with that last statement....

The league is going to eat itself if it's not careful. All these Billion dollar stadiums. Every team don't need that...

If you not one of those Historic teams....you don't need that.

A new stadium isn't something needed in New England. Smile They may never hold a Super Bowl, but I think judging by their recent success, they will be ok with that trade off..lol
ironlion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think any talk of replacing a 15 year old stadium is quite silly. The lifespan of those stadiums is decades and decades. And as one of the smallest marker teams in the league it's even less likely.

The Titans will be playing out of Nissan stadium until at least 2050.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
I think any talk of replacing a 15 year old stadium is quite silly. The lifespan of those stadiums is decades and decades. And as one of the smallest marker teams in the league it's even less likely.

Can't see it being 2050. Atlanta lasted just 25 years, rather short time I understand, but all the same.

There's a lot of factors, especially given how the ownership for the Titans is essentially divided up by percentages, wouldn't shock me if at some point in the next decade or two the team gets sold to one primary majority owner.
Cant spell choke without OKC
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:

No, they definitely won't. Stadium lifespans are getting shorter and shorter (as evidenced by the Georgia Dome, which opened seven years before Nissan and just saw it's last game of football). If the city doesn't agree to help build a stadium by (and I think it will be significantly earlier than this) 2035, they won't be the Tennessee Titans.

Quote:

I would argue it's the exact opposite really. The historic teams (New England, Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh) draw due to decades and generations of fan loyalty. It's the other teams that need to give fans a reason to care and show up to games.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
ironlion wrote:

No, they definitely won't. Stadium lifespans are getting shorter and shorter (as evidenced by the Georgia Dome, which opened seven years before Nissan and just saw it's last game of football). If the city doesn't agree to help build a stadium by (and I think it will be significantly earlier than this) 2035, they won't be the Tennessee Titans.

Quote:

I would argue it's the exact opposite really. The historic teams (New England, Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh) draw due to decades and generations of fan loyalty. It's the other teams that need to give fans a reason to care and show up to games.

Well, I think it will be at least 7 years or so, before it is even brought up, with serious momentum.
Win a couple Super Bowls in that span then I think it could get fast tracked. Lol

I know technology most fast so, the new boards and all that will be dated soon. I just don't see anything realistically on the horizon for 10 years.

If we get new ownership in that span also, then i could see the new owners wanting a new toy, but if it stays in the Adams family, which I think will happen, I don't see them pushing for it in a "give us or we leave" scenario.
I think the "Tennessee Titans" are safe and the city will do what it takes to keep them if push comes to shove.
Farsendor1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the ownership problem been resolved? If not we will not be hearing about any new stadium for a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: