You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 QB Thread - Version II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me

It was a Tweet.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 8232
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi


This was expected all three are going to interview great

Thats not the problem for Watson. He can understand whatever and all he wants to.

But when he doesnt act on it or throws inaccurately it wont matter.
_________________
DizzyDean wrote:

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.


^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me


No comment about the lack of parallel structure? Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me

It was a Tweet.
I still use commas properly in my tweets Laughing
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Senor Mortgage


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 2713
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me

It was a Tweet.
I still use commas properly in my tweets Laughing


His tweet was exactly 140 characters so I think losing punctuation is fine. This is the ultimate 'I don't like that guy so let me nitpick everything he says' type comment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me


No comment about the lack of parallel structure? Wink
I takes things seriously but not that seriously
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senor Mortgage wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me

It was a Tweet.
I still use commas properly in my tweets Laughing


His tweet was exactly 140 characters so I think losing punctuation is fine. This is the ultimate 'I don't like that guy so let me nitpick everything he says' type comment.
Change "every team" to "teams" and you have 5 characters to add in 2 commas. Tweeting 101.

I wasn't nitpicking Michael Lombardi because he's Michael Lombardi. I wasn't even nitpicking. I was just making a lighthearted comment because he didn't use commas when he easily could have. Besides, why would I have anything against a top 3 coach of all time? You know, the guy the trophy is named after?
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi


This was expected all three are going to interview great

Thats not the problem for Watson. He can understand whatever and all he wants to.

But when he doesnt act on it or throws inaccurately it wont matter.


You say this as a Kizer fan? Interesting.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 35148
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me


No comment about the lack of parallel structure? Wink
I takes things seriously but not that seriously

Well... you should... so there! Evil or Very Mad
_________________

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me


No comment about the lack of parallel structure? Wink
I takes things seriously but not that seriously

Well... you should... so there! Evil or Very Mad


Twitter must give you an aneurism. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Deshaun Watson is impressing every team with his knowledge of the offense his understanding of coverages and personnel and leadership skills

- Michael Lombardi
the lack of commas is killing me


No comment about the lack of parallel structure? Wink
I takes things seriously but not that seriously

Well... you should... so there! Evil or Very Mad
I have to imagine your job becomes increasingly more difficult every year.
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4904
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I really don't know if a QB is going to go #2 and/or #3. I don't think they're good enough prospects to warrant drafting that high, but I thought that last year too and Goff and Wentz still went #1 and #2. Is this going to be a repeat of last year or is it going to be a repeat of 2013 where people thought Geno Smith might go #2 overall and he ended up selected in the second round?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Man, I really don't know if a QB is going to go #2 and/or #3. I don't think they're good enough prospects to warrant drafting that high, but I thought that last year too and Goff and Wentz still went #1 and #2. Is this going to be a repeat of last year or is it going to be a repeat of 2013 where people thought Geno Smith might go #2 overall and he ended up selected in the second round?


I definitely am of the opinion the 49ers are going a different direction at 2. Not sure about the bears. I suppose its possible the niners trade down and someone else takes a qb at 2, but i don't see it
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Man, I really don't know if a QB is going to go #2 and/or #3. I don't think they're good enough prospects to warrant drafting that high, but I thought that last year too and Goff and Wentz still went #1 and #2. Is this going to be a repeat of last year or is it going to be a repeat of 2013 where people thought Geno Smith might go #2 overall and he ended up selected in the second round?


None of these QBs are of Goff's and Wentz's caliber. Mark me down for zero QBs in the top 5.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16531
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears have scouted Watson extensively. Including 2 different trips to Clemson during the season and sending everyone to his Pro Day and I mean everyone.

It would not shock me if he went 3.

It would also not shock me if they passed on a QB at 3.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 24 of 50

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group