Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens LB Zach Orr Retiring
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A player with that type of insight to humans may have a successful hand at coaching. Would be nice for them to give him a low level quality control job and see where it goes from there. At least a nice transition period of pay.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ravens LB Zach Orr Retiring Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
Left_Side! wrote:
Reported by NFL Network shortly ago. Orr is retiring at age 24 and was the teams leading tackler this past season.

Another young player retiring early, seems this trend will continue due to health risks.

Updated: Ian Rapoport is reporting that Orr "Is retiring because of a serious injury"

QB's playing until they are 40 could be more frequent and contact players retiring in mid 20's could also be more frequent. I can't blame them, especially now that people are learning about the downsides to head trauma. The league needs to make major improvements to the helmet or this will just be more common. Maybe 20 years from now the game will be history anyways because of more cases of head injuries?

This has nothing to do with that. Orr has a neck problem so is basically being forced to retire. This isn't a Chris Borland situation.

Nacho Simulation Football League
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't these dudes all have multi million insurance policies for that too? That probably makes the landing a little softer.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate seeing this happen to any players, even if he is a rivals player.

Had a lot of potential to be a good linebacker, too.

Hopefully the Ravens can find him a position in the office to help soften the blow of the earnings he's missing out on. More importantly, I hope he recovers back to full strength. My wife fractured her C3 and C4 and it took her about 2 years to get over the pain, and still has some issues to this day; 15 years later.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ravens LB Zach Orr Retiring Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
3rivers wrote:
Left_Side! wrote:
Reported by NFL Network shortly ago. Orr is retiring at age 24 and was the teams leading tackler this past season.

Another young player retiring early, seems this trend will continue due to health risks.

Updated: Ian Rapoport is reporting that Orr "Is retiring because of a serious injury"

QB's playing until they are 40 could be more frequent and contact players retiring in mid 20's could also be more frequent. I can't blame them, especially now that people are learning about the downsides to head trauma. The league needs to make major improvements to the helmet or this will just be more common. Maybe 20 years from now the game will be history anyways because of more cases of head injuries?

This has nothing to do with that. Orr has a neck problem so is basically being forced to retire. This isn't a Chris Borland situation.

I should have made a point that I understood Orr's injury. Anything spinal in nature should be immediate retirement IMO, anyone that keeps playing is really high risk.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
any other teams have players that might be retiring early due to injury concerns?
Sam Shields

Eric "Korean Jesus" Thames
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walk away. Appreciate your accomplishments. Live a full and healthy life.

Its sad but not as sad as a debilitating injury that ruins the rest of his 60+ years on earth.
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bad to see this. Still the guy's being smart here. Health should always come first.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Don't these dudes all have multi million insurance policies for that too? That probably makes the landing a little softer.

perhaps. I know after 5 full seasons in the NFL you get some sort of pension plan. Orr clearly wouldn't qualify for it though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

Wasn't he a UDFA still on his first deal? I hope he's had the chance to save up some money but I doubt he'll have enough to be financially independent. Hope he can get a nice coaching job somewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: