Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFSEASON NEWS:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Was reading Ravens have $5m/yr offer on table for Mo. He wants $7.5m?!?!

Da flock?

Maybe he over values himself and we get him at a more reasonable price? Having said that news will break tonight that he has signed with the Ravens.

Perhaps he doesn't want to leave Dallas and would need to be well over paid for him to even consider it.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Revis having all charges dropped and the Jets paying him like $6m next year - - I want him on a 1 year prove it deal. Either CB or Safety.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
resilient

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
With Revis having all charges dropped and the Jets paying him like $6m next year - - I want him on a 1 year prove it deal. Either CB or Safety.

I would at least "kick those tires"
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams signed RB Lance Dunbar, formerly of the Cowboys, to a one-year contract.

Dunbar, 27, will replace free agent Benny Cunningham behind Todd Gurley. In Washington, new coach Sean McVay hammered Rob Kelley on early downs and gave Chris Thompson the third-down work. A similar situation could unfold with Gurley and Dunbar. Gurley has shown little as a pass catcher at the pro level and struggles in pass protection. Dunbar has 68 catches across 54 games.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManInTheMirror wrote:

Dunbar, 27, will replace free agent Benny Cunningham behind Todd Gurley. In Washington, new coach Sean McVay hammered Rob Kelley on early downs and gave Chris Thompson the third-down work. A similar situation could unfold with Gurley and Dunbar. Gurley has shown little as a pass catcher at the pro level and struggles in pass protection. Dunbar has 68 catches across 54 games.

Good riddance.

When life hands you lemons, just say f*** the lemons and bail.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

If another team signs him, he doesn't get that $6 million, from what I've read. So he'd need to sign for at least that to play anywhere or else he's giving money away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
ManInTheMirror wrote:

Good riddance.

Thank God!! At least I don't have see him on our injury list anymore. It's hilarious that someone else would give this guy a contract.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

If another team signs him, he doesn't get that $6 million, from what I've read. So he'd need to sign for at least that to play anywhere or else he's giving money away.

You sure? I think its a GTD salary, like your old QB Chase. He gets it no matter what.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
ManInTheMirror wrote:

Good riddance.

Thank God!! At least I don't have see him on our injury list anymore. It's hilarious that someone else would give this guy a contract.

So happy this guy is gone. Now maybe they draft a more talented, reliable Dunbar

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/women%E2%80%99s-group-nfl-should-suspend-elliott-for-%E2%80%98sexual-assault%E2%80%99/ar-AAolRw3

The plot thickens. Still want to make that bet?

Believe me, I DON'T want to see Elliott suspended. But he ain't doing himself any favors right now. And if he goes out, we lost 2 starting O linemen, mark my words, Dak will struggle as a result.

This is not good. Seeing how the NFL completely mishandled the Ray Rice DV incident the league will come under increased pressure to make an example of Elliott. And this article shows that the pressure is starting. I think he will be suspended. For how long is anyone's guess.

If the league tries to suspend Elliott for this, I hope Elliott and the NFLPA takes them to court. I find it funny how this womens group wants Elliott suspended, even though the woman in questioned clearly stated that she didn't mind what he did. They supposedly stick up for women's rights, yet they don't care what this woman said. What a joke, they clearly just want some publicity

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Northland wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/women%E2%80%99s-group-nfl-should-suspend-elliott-for-%E2%80%98sexual-assault%E2%80%99/ar-AAolRw3

The plot thickens. Still want to make that bet?

Believe me, I DON'T want to see Elliott suspended. But he ain't doing himself any favors right now. And if he goes out, we lost 2 starting O linemen, mark my words, Dak will struggle as a result.

This is not good. Seeing how the NFL completely mishandled the Ray Rice DV incident the league will come under increased pressure to make an example of Elliott. And this article shows that the pressure is starting. I think he will be suspended. For how long is anyone's guess.

If the league tries to suspend Elliott for this, I hope Elliott and the NFLPA takes them to court. I find it funny how this womens group wants Elliott suspended, even though the woman in questioned clearly stated that she didn't mind what he did. They supposedly stick up for women's rights, yet they don't care what this woman said. What a joke, they clearly just want some publicity

Well, you see that's where the term "fine line" comes into play. This Women's group is out there sticking up for women with the understanding that ALL women want to be treated in the manner in which they advocate.

Where as some women don't mind exposing themselves in public or being recognized for being promiscuous or even use that to their advantage in the public eye to earn big bucks.

Some women are excited about the idea of being around a young, talented and sometimes stupid, young guy with millions of dollars and thinking with the wrong appendage.

But all of this is for not if the NFL, the organization that allows this young talented and sometimes stupid young man, to represent them on and off the field.

I am a teacher. I cannot keep a facebook page up because someone may come across a photo of me at a gig with a fine beverage in my hand or on a beach in a swimsuit, perfectly legit and legal, but in the context of my work place, inappropriate and could cause grounds for my removal from the position.

Elliott HAS got to realize that he is playing for and represents one of the most powerful and wealthiest organizations in the WORLD. He cannot afford to be this naive or stupid. It will DESTROY his image, career and our chance of competing.

And if the NFL decides to take action, there wont be thing one he can do it about that will actually matter.
ware94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
ManInTheMirror wrote:

Good riddance.

So happy this guy is gone. Now maybe they draft a more talented, reliable Dunbar

They did. He's in Cleveland.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
ManInTheMirror wrote:

Good riddance.

They did. He's in Cleveland.

Laughing Laughing Laughing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens‏
@Ravens

We have reached a 4-year agreement with CB Brandon Carr.

It's for 4 years, $24 million. This makes me like the Carroll signing even more. 1 less year and $14 million cheaper.

Last edited by Devin Kurant on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not all too worried about corner assuming Clairborne leaves as well (though if he came back for cheap around 3 mil or so for a year then I'd take him back.

Anthony Brown: Is he a #1? No, but for a 6th round pick he was a stud when he played and I think he can be your second best corner with some time.

Nolan Carroll: He isn't terrible and can certainly be a starter, albeit not a great one. Not betting on him locking anyone down but he can't be worse than Carr at least. Maybe a change of scenery does wonders as well.

Orlando Scandrick: Solid slot corner and hey - now he's the only injury concern in the secondary we have to worry about!

If they find a corner in the 1st or 2nd round who they feel can be a star, then I all of a sudden like our corner backs.

Safety is another issue though. I think Byron Jones has very nice potential but he clearly still has to shore up a bit in his game. I don't think he's some scrub like many on this forum do however.

But who is going to start opposite of him? I'm sorry but Jeff Heath isn't someone you want starting if you are going for a Super Bowl. Kavon Frazier is intriguing, but honestly, that's only because he's young and it's a new face. Maybe he surprises but at the same time maybe he's cut in a year or two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 38 of 49

Jump to: