You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Mock - Awards Thread - All the Best Awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITíS TIME FOR AWARDS

Yes, it is time to validate or discredit your fake work with even faker awards made arbitrarily by people who apparently have way too much time on their hands.

AWARD: FUNNIEST POST
WINNER: NONE OF YOU

ANALYSIS: BE MORE FUNNY

AWARD: BEST FIRST ROUND SELECTION
WINNING PLAYER: QUINCY WILSON CB FLORIDA
WINNING TEAM: CHICAGO BEARS
WINNING GM: SAMSEL23

ANALYSIS: Quincy Wilson is a top 15 player is most circles and the Bears snagged him at 28 after getting Desmond Trufant to move from 3 to 28. The Bears were able to grab 2 starting CBís in one pick.

OTHERS IN CONSIDERATION
: Myles Garrett (ATL), Dalvin Cook (PHI), Marcus Lattimore (IND), Jabril Peppers (BUF), Jamal Adams (MIN), Marlon Humphries (DET), Malik McDowell (OAK)

AWARD: BEST SECOND ROUND SELECTION
WINNING PLAYER: FORREST LAMP OG WESTERN KENTUCKY
WINNING TEAM: BALTIMORE RAVENS
WINNING GM: DCAREY20

ANALYSIS: I love lamp

OTHERS IN CONSIDERATION: Cordera Tankersley (GB), Deshone Kizer (NYJ), JuJu Schuster (NYG), Tanoh Kpassagnon (WSH), Charles Harris (CIN), Ethan Pocic (PHI)

AWARD: BEST THIRD ROUND SELECTION
WINNING PLAYER: ALVIN KAMARA RB TENNESSEE
WINNING TEAM: CAROLINA PANTHERS
WINNING GM: BRINGINDAPAIN

ANALYSIS: Kamara might sneak into the end of the first round. He is an all-around RB who is good in the run and pass game. He is a massive steal in the 3rd round.

OTHERS IN CONSIDERATION: Joe Mixon (NE), Jourdon Lewis (NO), Curtis Samuel (DEN), Jamaal Williams (OAK), Chris Wormley (BUF), Eddie Jackson (MIN)

AWARD: BEST FREE AGENT SIGNING
WINNING PLAYER:NICK FAIRLEY
WINNING TEAM: DETRIOT LIONS
WINNING GM: CALIVN-STAFFORD

ANALYSIS: The Lions didnít do much in free agency, but they made their only splash count. They bring back their former first round pick on a great team friendly deal. The Lions get him back after a 6.5 sack season at $4 APY and no guaranteed money. Great deal.
OTHERS IN CONSIDERATION: Kenny Stills (CIN), Devin Taylor (MIA), Leon Hall (BAL), TJ McDonald (TEN), Brian Winters (NYJ)

AWARD: BEST TRADE
TRADE: VIKINGS TRADE LB ANTHONY BARR TO THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS FOR LT TERRON ARMSTEAD
WINNING GMíS: TROJAN & KING BISHOP

ANALYSIS: It is rare that 2 young star players get traded for one another. This trade rings back to the Clinton Portis and Champ Bailey deal back in the day. Saints get a young versatile LB to help jump start their defense and the Vikings get a LT to protect the Glass Man Sammy Sleeves. The Vikings can spare a defensive star to create a stronger offensive line and the Saints drafted Andrus Peat and can afford to move on from Armstead to get a much need defensive playmaker.
OTHER IS CONSIDERATION: Bears/Falcons Trufant and 28 for 3, Bears/Bengals AJ McCarron deal, Eagles/Texans- Kareem Jackson for Mychal Kendricks

AWARD: BEST FREE AGENCY
WINNING TEAM: TITANS
WINNING GM: DTMW78

ANALYSIS:
Trumaine Johnson CB
Alshon Jeffrey WR
T.J McDonald S
Karl Klug DE
Brian Schwenke C/G
Adrian Philips S
Phillip Supernaw TE
Sio Moore ILB
Armonty Bryant 3-4 OLB
Brandon Carr CB
Brian Quick WR
Matt Cassel QB

The Titans spent money but have lots of return from big splashy signings like Trumaine Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey and TJ McDonald to under the radar signings like Brandon Carr and Brian Quick. Add in good resigns with Karl Klug and Brian Schwenke. The Titans improved their team the most through the Free Agency period.

OTHERS CONSIDERED: Bills, Eagles, Panthers, Raiders, Patriots

AWARD: BEST DRAFT
WINNING TEAM: PANTHERS
WINNING GM: BRINGINDAPAIN

ANALYSIS: The Panthers snagged the top WR in the draft for Cam Newton in Mike Williams and added 2 talented RBís to rejuvenate an aging running game in Kamara and Perine. They also got more protection for Cam in their 2nd round pick Roderick Johnson. On defense they added players that could really rise in this process at great value in S Obi Melifonwu, Hunter Dimick and Trey Hendrickson.

OTHERS CONSIDERED: Patriots, Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Redskins

AWARD: BEST TOTAL OFFSEASON (BEST GM)
WINNING TEAM: PATRIOTS
WINNING GM: DHUNT2402

ANALYSIS: The addition of Calais Campbell to an already stout defense along with Dan Williams and Chris Conte as role players really could make for another year of great defense in New England. Also adding Chris Chester to bolster the offensive line is key. Combine that with a strong drafted that yielded players like Taco Charlton, Hasson Reddick, Davon Godchaux and picking up a troubled but seriously talented RB in Joe Mixon and rich really got richer this off-season.

OTHERS CONSIDERED: Bills, Titans, Raiders

So what do you think? Did we get it right?

We would love to see winners post acceptance speeches and losers cry in scorn.
[/b]

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete waiting for someone to reply, refreshes screen and sees that a post has been added to this thread.

Thanks IDOG_det
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Pete waiting for someone to reply, refreshes screen and sees that a post has been added to this thread.

Me after Pete seeing this ^

Thanks IDOG_det
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your just salty you didn't get the Funniest Poster Award.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:

robbed in my own house...shame.

Thanks IDOG_det
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

Hi Rob.

Thanks IDOG_det
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

Me giving out the Funniest Poster Award to somebody else would be like Michael Jordan giving somebody else the MVP in the mid 90's. Laughing

Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:

ANALYSIS: The Lions didnít do much in free agency, but they made their only splash count. They bring back their former first round pick on a great team friendly deal. The Lions get him back after a 6.5 sack season at $4 APY and no guaranteed money. Great deal.
OTHERS IN CONSIDERATION: Kenny Stills (CIN), Devin Taylor (MIA), Leon Hall (BAL), TJ McDonald (TEN), Brian Winters (NYJ)

Cool. I got an award, didn't expect it so appreciate the shoutout. It's so odd to think that I might've made both the worst and the best FA signing in this mock, particularly since I was pretty quiet in FA this year. Nick Fairley was a penetrator, the Lions lacked penetrators, so I went out and got a penetrator, But EaglesPeteC, man, thanks for adding personality and flair and enthusiasm to this mock. I loved participating in it last year, and I loved participating in it this year. A great experience.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a great job with those selections. I can't say I disagree with any selection.

Awesome that the Bills were recognized in several categories, so thank you.

This was an awesome addition to this mock and I hope it stays!

MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

Cool. I got an award, didn't expect it so appreciate the shoutout. It's so odd to think that I might've made both the worst and the best FA signing in this mock, particularly since I was pretty quiet in FA this year. Nick Fairley was a penetrator, the Lions lacked penetrators, so I went out and got a penetrator, But EaglesPeteC, man, thanks for adding personality and flair and enthusiasm to this mock. I loved participating in it last year, and I loved participating in it this year. A great experience.
Theres a lot of penetration in your post.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

Theres a lot of penetration in your post.

Needless to say I meant it in a purely football sense.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd obviously like to thank the Academy. Hopefully we win on Sunday so I get to feel even better about this. Hire me Bill plz!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give a quick rundown of my plan for the offseason and how it went down.

My overall goal was to keep as many starters as possible. Franchising and extending Hightower and re-signing Marty B (much needed Gronk insurance) and Alan Branch were my top priorities and happily was able to tick all three boxes there. I figured Logan Ryan would get paid and he did, mostly OK by me as Rowe pushed him for his starting spot the entire second half of the season, I'm confident in him stepping in to the #2 role. Also got outbid on Duron Harmon, a good player who's almost a starter given how much we're in big nickel, but was able to fill that hole with Conte, which seems to me a typical Belichick signing of a heady veteran safety to play in sub packages (in the James Ihedigbo, Steve Gregory mould). I let Blount walk, a guy who Belichick likes but I don't fully get as a "lead back", he struggles in short yardage (ironically) and is non-existent in the passing game. Brought Michael Floyd back on a deal that pays him if he produces and allows us to cut bait with almost no penalty if he doesn't.

The area I most wanted to improve acquisition wise was the front four and getting Campbell was HUGE for that. That allowed me to trade Malcom Brown in a deal for Preston Smith, who slots in at right defensive end alongside Campbell, Branch, and opposite the emerging Trey Flowers for what's probably the most talented front four we've had in a decade. That left filling out the roster with veteran leadership, Chester for the o-line, Dan Williams to rotate with Branch, and Tramon Williams as a versatile corner. I finished up free agency with a waiver claim on Trey Caldwell, a guy who's been biding his time on the Browns practice squad who I really liked in the draft last year as a natural at slot corner.

The draft then was pretty straight forward BPA for me, just with an eye on value for RBs. Charlton was an easy pick, prototype length and athleticism for a Belichick edge rusher. Reddick was a no-brainer as well, a real Swiss army knife of a player that Belichick and Patricia would have a lot of fun with lining up across the front seven. Kaaya is a guy who I think would've been a top 10 pick next year had he stayed in school and gotten another year in Richt's offense under his belt. Too much value to pass up at 96, no pressure to start in the near future, and a better candidate than Brissett to step up into the #2 role if they move on from Garoppolo after 2017. This allowed me to flip Brissett for a 4th and a promising young DL in Kamalu.

Mixon was a tough pick to make, as I'm not sure the team has him on their board IRL. They've brought in questionable character guys before, but maybe they'll be more gun shy after Hernandez. But no doubting the on-field product, a much more talented runner than Blount and a huge weapon in the passing game. With the rest of the draft, I had a high grade on Siragusa who can more than replace the departing Tre Jackson, and possibly push Joe Thuney for the starting job right out of the gates. Holsey is another guy I targeted late, medical concerns aside he has starting potential on the outside, which is more than welcome in the 5th. Overall, yeah, I think it went pretty damn well, puts us in a good position to survive a season where injuries hurt us more than they did this year. If a guy like Branch or Hightower had gone down earlier this season we might not have made the Super Bowl, and I think an offseason like this would make the dropoff in talent and production much less severe. Summary below, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Trades:

Arrow
NE trades: DT Malcom Brown, LG Tre Jackson, 7th round pick (255)
WAS trades: DE Preston Smith, 5th round pick (156)

Arrow
NE trades: QB Jacoby Brissett
HOU trades: 4th round pick (130), DT Ufomba Kamalu

Free Agent Signings:

Arrow DT Calais Campbell (1 year, $11.625m, $5m SB)
Arrow SS Chris Conte (3 years, $9.975m, $1.5m SB)
Arrow DT Dan Williams (1 year, $3.525m, 0 SB)
Arrow CB Tramon Williams (1 year, $3m, 0 SB)
Arrow RG Chris Chester (1 year, $1m, 0 SB)
Arrow CB Trey Caldwell (1 year, $0.465m, 0 SB)

Draft Picks:

Arrow Round 1 (32): Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Arrow Round 2 (64): Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Arrow Round 3 (96): Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami
Arrow Round 3 (103): Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
Arrow Round 4 (129): Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State
Arrow Round 4 (130): Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU
Arrow Round 5 (156): Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt
Arrow Round 5 (165): Joshua Holsey, CB, Auburn
Arrow Round 5 (185): Eric Saubert, TE, Drake
Arrow Round 6 (218): Elijah McGuire, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette

Projected 53 Man Roster:

QB: Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, Brad Kaaya
RB: Joe Mixon, Dion Lewis, James White, Elijah McGuire
WR: Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Michael Floyd, Malcolm Mitchell, Danny Amendola, Matthew Slater
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett, Eric Saubert
LT: Nate Solder, Will Holden
LG: Joe Thuney, Nico Siragusa
C: David Andrews
RG: Shaq Mason, Chris Chester
RT: Marcus Cannon, Cameron Fleming
LDE: Trey Flowers, Ufomba Kamalu
NT: Alan Branch, Dan Williams, Vincent Valentine
UT: Calais Campbell, Davon Godchaux
RDE: Preston Smith, Taco Charlton
SLB: Kyle Van Noy, Rob Ninkovich
MLB: Dont'a Hightower, Elandon Roberts
WLB: Haason Reddick, Shea McClellin
LCB: Eric Rowe, Tramon Williams
RCB: Malcolm Butler, Joshua Holsey
SCB: Cyrus Jones, Trey Caldwell
FS: Devin McCourty, Chris Conte
SS: Patrick Chung, Nate Ebner
K: Stephen Gostkowski
P: Ryan Allen
LS: Joe Cardona

Practice Squad:

RB: DJ Foster
TE: Matt Lengel
OT: La'Adrian Waddle
OG: Ted Karras
DT: Woodrow Hamilton
DE: Geneo Grissom
LB: Trevor Reilly
CB: Justin Coleman
DB: Marqueston Huff
FS: Jordan Richards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
I'll give a quick rundown of my plan for the offseason and how it went down.

My overall goal was to keep as many starters as possible. Franchising and extending Hightower and re-signing Marty B (much needed Gronk insurance) and Alan Branch were my top priorities and happily was able to tick all three boxes there. I figured Logan Ryan would get paid and he did, mostly OK by me as Rowe pushed him for his starting spot the entire second half of the season, I'm confident in him stepping in to the #2 role. Also got outbid on Duron Harmon, a good player who's almost a starter given how much we're in big nickel, but was able to fill that hole with Conte, which seems to me a typical Belichick signing of a heady veteran safety to play in sub packages (in the James Ihedigbo, Steve Gregory mould). I let Blount walk, a guy who Belichick likes but I don't fully get as a "lead back", he struggles in short yardage (ironically) and is non-existent in the passing game. Brought Michael Floyd back on a deal that pays him if he produces and allows us to cut bait with almost no penalty if he doesn't.

The area I most wanted to improve acquisition wise was the front four and getting Campbell was HUGE for that. That allowed me to trade Malcom Brown in a deal for Preston Smith, who slots in at right defensive end alongside Campbell, Branch, and opposite the emerging Trey Flowers for what's probably the most talented front four we've had in a decade. That left filling out the roster with veteran leadership, Chester for the o-line, Dan Williams to rotate with Branch, and Tramon Williams as a versatile corner. I finished up free agency with a waiver claim on Trey Caldwell, a guy who's been biding his time on the Browns practice squad who I really liked in the draft last year as a natural at slot corner.

The draft then was pretty straight forward BPA for me, just with an eye on value for RBs. Charlton was an easy pick, prototype length and athleticism for a Belichick edge rusher. Reddick was a no-brainer as well, a real Swiss army knife of a player that Belichick and Patricia would have a lot of fun with lining up across the front seven. Kaaya is a guy who I think would've been a top 10 pick next year had he stayed in school and gotten another year in Richt's offense under his belt. Too much value to pass up at 96, no pressure to start in the near future, and a better candidate than Brissett to step up into the #2 role if they move on from Garoppolo after 2017. This allowed me to flip Brissett for a 4th and a promising young DL in Kamalu.

Mixon was a tough pick to make, as I'm not sure the team has him on their board IRL. They've brought in questionable character guys before, but maybe they'll be more gun shy after Hernandez. But no doubting the on-field product, a much more talented runner than Blount and a huge weapon in the passing game. With the rest of the draft, I had a high grade on Siragusa who can more than replace the departing Tre Jackson, and possibly push Joe Thuney for the starting job right out of the gates. Holsey is another guy I targeted late, medical concerns aside he has starting potential on the outside, which is more than welcome in the 5th. Overall, yeah, I think it went pretty damn well, puts us in a good position to survive a season where injuries hurt us more than they did this year. If a guy like Branch or Hightower had gone down earlier this season we might not have made the Super Bowl, and I think an offseason like this would make the dropoff in talent and production much less severe. Summary below, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Trades:

Arrow
NE trades: DT Malcom Brown, LG Tre Jackson, 7th round pick (255)
WAS trades: DE Preston Smith, 5th round pick (156)

Arrow
NE trades: QB Jacoby Brissett
HOU trades: 4th round pick (130), DT Ufomba Kamalu

Free Agent Signings:

Arrow DT Calais Campbell (1 year, $11.625m, $5m SB)
Arrow SS Chris Conte (3 years, $9.975m, $1.5m SB)
Arrow DT Dan Williams (1 year, $3.525m, 0 SB)
Arrow CB Tramon Williams (1 year, $3m, 0 SB)
Arrow RG Chris Chester (1 year, $1m, 0 SB)
Arrow CB Trey Caldwell (1 year, $0.465m, 0 SB)

Draft Picks:

Arrow Round 1 (32): Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Arrow Round 2 (64): Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Arrow Round 3 (96): Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami
Arrow Round 3 (103): Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
Arrow Round 4 (129): Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State
Arrow Round 4 (130): Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU
Arrow Round 5 (156): Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt
Arrow Round 5 (165): Joshua Holsey, CB, Auburn
Arrow Round 5 (185): Eric Saubert, TE, Drake
Arrow Round 6 (218): Elijah McGuire, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette

Projected 53 Man Roster:

QB: Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, Brad Kaaya
RB: Joe Mixon, Dion Lewis, James White, Elijah McGuire
WR: Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Michael Floyd, Malcolm Mitchell, Danny Amendola, Matthew Slater
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett, Eric Saubert
LT: Nate Solder, Will Holden
LG: Joe Thuney, Nico Siragusa
C: David Andrews
RG: Shaq Mason, Chris Chester
RT: Marcus Cannon, Cameron Fleming
LDE: Trey Flowers, Ufomba Kamalu
NT: Alan Branch, Dan Williams, Vincent Valentine
UT: Calais Campbell, Davon Godchaux
RDE: Preston Smith, Taco Charlton
SLB: Kyle Van Noy, Rob Ninkovich
MLB: Dont'a Hightower, Elandon Roberts
WLB: Haason Reddick, Shea McClellin
LCB: Eric Rowe, Tramon Williams
RCB: Malcolm Butler, Joshua Holsey
SCB: Cyrus Jones, Trey Caldwell
FS: Devin McCourty, Chris Conte
SS: Patrick Chung, Nate Ebner
K: Stephen Gostkowski
P: Ryan Allen
LS: Joe Cardona

Practice Squad:

RB: DJ Foster
TE: Matt Lengel
OT: La'Adrian Waddle
OG: Ted Karras
DT: Woodrow Hamilton
DE: Geneo Grissom
LB: Trevor Reilly
CB: Justin Coleman
DB: Marqueston Huff
FS: Jordan Richards

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^

Thanks IDOG_det

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: