Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle May Lose 2nd-Round Pick in 2017 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Tons of teams play with already injured players every week. Just because no one is openly talking about doesnt mean it doesnt happen or that you can selectively choose who to punish. This league is becoming more a joke by the day.
Well yea, and they report those players as being injured on the injury report, Seattle did not with Sherman. But sure, the league is a joke, blah blah blah. Let's not put any blame on Carroll for not putting Sherman on the injury report and then being dumb enough to admit to it in a press conference.
Not always. There are plenty of times teams don't do that. Anybody would be naive to think so.

Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players hate the injury report for many reasons, first it lets a competitor know if a player might not be 100% and then target them, and in some bad cases other players could try and make the injury worse by how they either tackle or block a player.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Tons of teams play with already injured players every week. Just because no one is openly talking about doesnt mean it doesnt happen or that you can selectively choose who to punish. This league is becoming more a joke by the day.
Well yea, and they report those players as being injured on the injury report, Seattle did not with Sherman. But sure, the league is a joke, blah blah blah. Let's not put any blame on Carroll for not putting Sherman on the injury report and then being dumb enough to admit to it in a press conference.
Not always. There are plenty of times teams don't do that. Anybody would be naive to think so.
Well if there are other teams that don't, they are dumb enough to admit they don't in a press conference. Carroll deserves what he gets just for being an arrogant moron and admitting it in a PC.

El ramster on the custom sig!
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Does anyone besides Seattle fans think this isn't or shouldn't fall under the same umbrella as the previous transgressions? I know I think they should. It's a coach with a lengthy track record of breaking rules in place by the NFL. If I'm a Seattle fan, I'm getting fed up with my HC for not following rules and risking and losing draft picks.

His record of ri=ule bending and breaking are not limited to the NFL. Some school in SoCal had similar transgressions while he was there...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
It's awesome that the league punishes teams for violating a rule that exists primarily for the benefit of people who engage in an activity that's illegal in 20 states.

Not to mention that it also breaks the simplest of HIPPA laws to share medical histories protected under privacy acts.

Makes me wonder how many envelopes are beng passed u der the table or in side alleys....
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Starless wrote:
It's awesome that the league punishes teams for violating a rule that exists primarily for the benefit of people who engage in an activity that's illegal in 20 states.

Not to mention that it also breaks the simplest of HIPPA laws to share medical histories protected under privacy acts.

Makes me wonder how many envelopes are beng passed u der the table or in side alleys....

Players sign a waiver giving teams the right to publish this data. This isn't a violation of HIPPA codes, come on.
PuppyMcNabb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Don't cheat then rat yourself out about said cheating and you won't be punished...

Well sure.

Can't he always go back and say he exaggerated Sherman's condition trying to defend his player?

No. This would make too much sense.. instead lets blame Roger Goodell for escalating punishment for teams with a history of breaking the rules.
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me if a player has an injury or is playing with injury that should be disclosed. No need to hide that.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2015 Andrew Luck suffered an abdominal tear and broken ribs. The Colts listed the abdominal injury but never listed the broken ribs because he never missed any games due to the rib injury. They also didn't get any punishment from that. The league has been very clear about punishing teams that have multiple rules violations.
areksoo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
In 2015 Andrew Luck suffered an abdominal tear and broken ribs. The Colts listed the abdominal injury but never listed the broken ribs because he never missed any games due to the rib injury. They also didn't get any punishment from that. The league has been very clear about punishing teams that have multiple rules violations.

The only thing the league has been clear about is it punishes based on how much bad press the infraction gets... not how bad the infraction actually was.
OleXmad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a seahawks fan, but who really cares? Richard Sherman played in every game this year and he may have been "Injured" but he didn't miss any games and he rarely missed practices aside from veteran off days.

Are the seahawks an annoying as hell team? Yep. Is Pete carroll stupid enough to talk about undisclosed injuries at a PC and violate offseason rules (That are minor and nobody cares about) yep.

Should the seachickens lose a 2nd round pick over this? Nope, But Goodell will do stupid things for stupid reasons so he might suspend Carroll for an entire season cuz why not.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
darnell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's playing in the Pro Bowl I can't imagine it's serious enough of an injury to warrant reporting.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks skate on Sherman injury-report snafu
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/14/seahawks-skate-on-sherman-injury-report-snafu/

Quote:
Perhaps the Seahawks would have faced a consequence, if the Steelers hadnít stumbled into the same injury-report rabbit hole when running back LeíVeon Bell disclosed after the AFC title game that heíd been playing with an undisclosed groin injury. If the league office had whacked the Seahawks, the league office would have been required to whack the Steelers. So if the league office didnít want to whack the Steelers, the league office had to look the other way on the Seahawks.

It sounds cynical, I know. But justice is often meted out at 345 Park Avenue by picking the preferred conclusion and working backward. In this case, itís entirely possible that the preferred conclusion for the Seahawks was to issue only a warning because the preferred conclusion for the Steelers will be the same thing.

Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/14/seahawks-skate-on-sherman-injury-report-snafu/

Quote:
Perhaps the Seahawks would have faced a consequence, if the Steelers hadnít stumbled into the same injury-report rabbit hole when running back LeíVeon Bell disclosed after the AFC title game that heíd been playing with an undisclosed groin injury. If the league office had whacked the Seahawks, the league office would have been required to whack the Steelers. So if the league office didnít want to whack the Steelers, the league office had to look the other way on the Seahawks.

It sounds cynical, I know. But justice is often meted out at 345 Park Avenue by picking the preferred conclusion and working backward. In this case, itís entirely possible that the preferred conclusion for the Seahawks was to issue only a warning because the preferred conclusion for the Steelers will be the same thing.

The whole thing is stupid anyways are they going to start disciplining teams for not listing finger cuts now?
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

Quote:

Exactly how I'd expect it to be Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: