You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle May Lose 2nd-Round Pick in 2017 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ol' slick peter up to shenanigans again
BeerSlayer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Seachicken fan but the punishment seems kind of nuts especially for what other teams have received for doing the same. And as far as lumping this in with the OTA violations thatís apple and oranges and also seems kind of crazy to combine them together.

Maybe its payback for Sherman constantly running his mouth about Goodell.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeerSlayer wrote:
Not a Seachicken fan but the punishment seems kind of nuts especially for what other teams have received for doing the same. And as far as lumping this in with the OTA violations thatís apple and oranges and also seems kind of crazy to combine them together.

This is now multiple offenses. Punishment gets harsher as you go.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BeerSlayer wrote:

get out of here with your voodoo witchcraft thing called "logic". its not wanted here.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BeerSlayer wrote:

This isn't multiple offenses with the injury report. This is a first time offense.

#1 ET Supporter
iothar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BeerSlayer wrote:

This isn't multiple offenses with the injury report. This is a first time offense.

You'd made a great lawyer.

My client hasn't stolen a "car" before.

He hasn't broken into a "bank" before.

Pete Carroll has violated personnel decisions prior to this occurrence.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BeerSlayer wrote:

It all falls under the same umbrella.

There aren't going to be different punishments for different substances under the substance abuse rules. A guy doesn't start over if he's only been suspended for marijuana before and now he decides to start sipping the sizzurp.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BeerSlayer wrote:

There aren't going to be different punishments for different substances under the substance abuse rules. A guy doesn't start over if he's only been suspended for marijuana before and now he decides to start sipping the sizzurp.
Does this really fall under the same umbrella? The last one we got in trouble for because the coaches told the players to stop being so physical and they didn't listen so we got penalized...

This has to do with reporting an injury. They are completely unrelated. Much less, I think we've been penalized more than anyone for not following a rule, which is a 5th rounder. Now all of the sudden one more time for something entirely unrelated which didn't hold him out of games is going to cost a 2nd? That is just BS

A 4th? Sure, I get that. A 3rd even? Seems steep but I guess if they want to be really strict. A 2nd is insane.

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iothar wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BeerSlayer wrote:

You'd made a great lawyer.

My client hasn't stolen a "car" before.

He hasn't broken into a "bank" before.

Pete Carroll has violated personnel decisions prior to this occurrence.
How? What? Practice is not a personnel decision Laughing

#1 ET Supporter
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone besides Seattle fans think this isn't or shouldn't fall under the same umbrella as the previous transgressions? I know I think they should. It's a coach with a lengthy track record of breaking rules in place by the NFL. If I'm a Seattle fan, I'm getting fed up with my HC for not following rules and risking and losing draft picks.

El ramster on the custom sig!
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Tons of teams play with already injured players every week. Just because no one is openly talking about doesnt mean it doesnt happen or that you can selectively choose who to punish. This league is becoming more a joke by the day.

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Does anyone besides Seattle fans think this isn't or shouldn't fall under the same umbrella as the previous transgressions? I know I think they should. It's a coach with a lengthy track record of breaking rules in place by the NFL. If I'm a Seattle fan, I'm getting fed up with my HC for not following rules and risking and losing draft picks.

I think the league sees it as an accumulation of rules being broken I don't think they care under what category they fall under.

As for the non-reporting itself it seems moot because he never missed a game therefore their opponents weren't being deceived. However, they did fail to report or misreported several missed practices along with the self admission of Pete for some dumb reason. So I understand why the league feels it should do something even though it didn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Tons of teams play with already injured players every week. Just because no one is openly talking about doesnt mean it doesnt happen or that you can selectively choose who to punish. This league is becoming more a joke by the day.
Well yea, and they report those players as being injured on the injury report, Seattle did not with Sherman. But sure, the league is a joke, blah blah blah. Let's not put any blame on Carroll for not putting Sherman on the injury report and then being dumb enough to admit to it in a press conference.

El ramster on the custom sig!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BeerSlayer wrote:

Does this really fall under the same umbrella? The last one we got in trouble for because the coaches told the players to stop being so physical and they didn't listen so we got penalized...

This has to do with reporting an injury. They are completely unrelated. Much less, I think we've been penalized more than anyone for not following a rule, which is a 5th rounder. Now all of the sudden one more time for something entirely unrelated which didn't hold him out of games is going to cost a 2nd? That is just BS

A 4th? Sure, I get that. A 3rd even? Seems steep but I guess if they want to be really strict. A 2nd is insane.

Obviously yes, it does fall under the same umbrella.

You can argue all you want about whether you think they should fall under that same umbrella, I honestly don't care at all.

But to act as if this is some first time offense that is costing them a potential 2nd rounder without acknowledging that it's clearly not in the eyes of the NFL is pathetic honestly.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. Let's see if this actually happens.
B. What in the hell.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: