You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncs4life first mock of 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgers0821

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
This would be great but there is zero chance we get all these guys.

1. Calais Campbell is likely getting at least 14-15m a year. As the best 3-4 DE and a true impact player even at his age he won't go that cheaply. That means we don't get Patterson or Willson. I'd pass on Willson

2. Mccaffrey won't last beyond pick 35 IMO. Jax doesn't take Cook rd 1 they take his lite version rd 2. If someone else doesn't get him at the end of rd 1. Someone will love him that much.

The rest I can certainly endorse, but I'd point out McMillan is a 2-down ILB. I'd suggest we get RB rd 4 comp, take Butt Rd 3 comp and without McCaffrey available, if ILB Jarrad Davis is there at 2.50 I'm all over that. Davis a better LB than McMillan and McCaffrey won't be there for us at 2.50, then instead of Willson (who saves us the $ to get Campbell at the true market price) we get a much better long term TE in Butt.

Campbell is not the best 3-4 DE, not even close...may be the best 3-4 DE available
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
This would be great but there is zero chance we get all these guys.

1. Calais Campbell is likely getting at least 14-15m a year. As the best 3-4 DE and a true impact player even at his age he won't go that cheaply. That means we don't get Patterson or Willson. I'd pass on Willson

2. Mccaffrey won't last beyond pick 35 IMO. Jax doesn't take Cook rd 1 they take his lite version rd 2. If someone else doesn't get him at the end of rd 1. Someone will love him that much.

The rest I can certainly endorse, but I'd point out McMillan is a 2-down ILB. I'd suggest we get RB rd 4 comp, take Butt Rd 3 comp and without McCaffrey available, if ILB Jarrad Davis is there at 2.50 I'm all over that. Davis a better LB than McMillan and McCaffrey won't be there for us at 2.50, then instead of Willson (who saves us the $ to get Campbell at the true market price) we get a much better long term TE in Butt.

Campbell is not the best 3-4 DE, not even close...may be the best 3-4 DE available

Actually, PFF disagrees with you - rated as the best 3-4 DE, only behind Aaron Donald for all interior D-linemen, and Donald plays in LA's 4-3 scheme (soon to be a 3-4, which should be interesting to see how Donald does, but that's another topic - for this year, Donald did rate as top 3-4 DE).

https://www.all22.com/los-angeles-rams/to-defensive-tackles-aaron-donald-calais-campbell-ndamukong-suh-kawann-short-pro-football-focus

Regardless, Campbell is clearly the best available 3-4 DE and an elite player, a true-difference maker - which means he's going to get paid a ton. If you want to argue there's a better 3-4 DE, it's moot - Campbell's the top FA guy, and elite, and therefore he's going to get a king's ransom for a contract, which was the point of the post.

Last edited by Broncofan on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, Calais is arguably the second best 34DE after a healthy Watt.

People seem to view him as a complementary player when he is a elite talent. He would probably be our second best defender after Von from day 1, and that's really saying something since Talib and Harris are also top 3-5 for their positions.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: