Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Shanahan??? quarterback moves???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Profootballtalk reports there's a "growing belief" in league circles the Browns could pursue Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins.
Per a league source, Cousins' concern upon signing the franchise tag was that he could be traded, "specifically" to Cleveland. The Browns have the cap space, draft picks and need to pursue a deal. Were Cousins to be acquired without a long-term contract already in tow, the sides would have until July 15 to come to an agreement. Although he's tried to tamp down the speculation in recent days, Cousins appears bitterly unhappy in Washington.
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Profootballtalk reports there's a "growing belief" in league circles the Browns could pursue Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins.
Per a league source, Cousins' concern upon signing the franchise tag was that he could be traded, "specifically" to Cleveland. The Browns have the cap space, draft picks and need to pursue a deal. Were Cousins to be acquired without a long-term contract already in tow, the sides would have until July 15 to come to an agreement. Although he's tried to tamp down the speculation in recent days, Cousins appears bitterly unhappy in Washington.

I'd shoot for it if I were Cleveland. If the rumors were true, Washington would be more willing to trade him to someone other than us.

The problem for them is that if he won't sign long term in Cleveland, there's no way the Browns are giving up a haul to get him.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

I'd shoot for it if I were Cleveland. If the rumors were true, Washington would be more willing to trade him to someone other than us.

The problem for them is that if he won't sign long term in Cleveland, there's no way the Browns are giving up a haul to get him.

Maybe the redskins trade him to cleveland, and then they turn around and trade him to us.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Dutchson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
In the event we get the first overall pick next year, do we go with Darnold or Cousins?

If Darnold is worth the the true number one pick, then Cousins and the haul of picks for trading down.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

Maybe the redskins trade him to cleveland, and then they turn around and trade him to us.

I think we'd pay a haul for that. After all, Cleveland still needs a quarterback Laughing

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

I think we'd pay a haul for that. After all, Cleveland still needs a quarterback Laughing

What do you mean? They traded for Osweiler! Wink

They're not in a better situation than the redskins if Cousins refuses to sign with them long term. Kirk is holding the cards, here.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchson wrote:
John232 wrote:
In the event we get the first overall pick next year, do we go with Darnold or Cousins?

If Darnold is worth the the true number one pick, then Cousins and the haul of picks for trading down.

If Darnold is worth the true number one pick, then Darnold. Of those extra picks, some will be failures or just average starters. If any of them are really good we might well not be able to resign them. If either of them is as good as we need for them to have a great 10+ year career here the surrounding cast will changeover multiple times. A few years down the road all that will left from this kind of deal is the qb. It darn well needs to be the better of the two of them (not to mention that Darnold is 7 years younger than Cousins and could have a much longer time here).

Of course if we rate them equally or Cousins higher, then by all means take the extra picks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hoyer stays healthy and plays all 16 games I could see him having an Alex Smith (the current version) type year. 3500 yards, 65% completion rate, 90-95 quarterback rating. Those would be the best stats any QB has had for us in the 21st century. At least that's my optimistic view of how it could go.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
If Hoyer stays healthy and plays all 16 games I could see him having an Alex Smith (the current version) type year. 3500 yards, 65% completion rate, 90-95 quarterback rating. Those would be the best stats any QB has had for us in the 21st century. At least that's my optimistic view of how it could go.

65%? Yeah, Hoyer has done that twice, last year and his rookie season, neither of which were even close to full seasons, so I think that's a bit optimistic. Overall in his career, he's sub 60%. His year with Shanny he was 55%, so the evidence doesn't support that he'll suddenly get a jump just because of Shanny being the coach. It also doesn't account for interceptions, which he has less than a 2:1 td/int in his career.

Even at the numbers you are providing, I don't know that they would be even close to being "the best stats a quarterback has had for us in the 21st century). That's being insanely hyperbolic and underrating some of Kaep's years here. I think that those are pretty comparable to Kaeps seasons, and when you add Kaep's rushing, which you need to do, Kaep's seasons should be viewed as superior. Hoyer may have a superior completion percentage overall, and could potentially have more bulk passing yards, but I doubt that he's putting up far superior passing stats to Kaeps '13 and '14 overall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: