Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Shanahan??? quarterback moves???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Bait? I baited him into throwing a personal insult? I can't control what someone else decides to say or not say. But okay, I'll "knock it off". Very Happy

Moving right along. I still love you btw.

Glad you're moving along. We both know this doesn't only happen to you because everyone dislikes your username.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
It looks like Cousins and our FO have both given up on a reunion in 2017. I has a sad. Sad I was hoping we would get him now. I guess they could still trade him, but it sounds as though Cousins is signing the tender...wanted him to hold out and push the trade, myself. Sure, we could get him without giving up anything other than $$$$$ next season, but I didn't want to wait that long! Not talking

Cousins is going to be our QB in 2017.

Y2,

Is that a typo man?
or did you really mean what you typed
and if so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can make it happen

It's not a typo. I truly believe Cousins will be our QB this year, I just don't know what the compensation will end up being to make it happen, and I don't know how soon it will happen.

The Redskins have no leverage, and everyone seems to agree that Cousins wants out, and most everyone seems to agree that he'd want to come here. Knowing all that, the Redskins can choose to keep him in a transitional year for the franchise and lose him after the year for nothing with nothing to gain on the season, or they could trade him where he wants to go, and where he's badly wanted.

In free agency, we signed a #2 and a #3 QB, and they may end up being the #1 and #2 guys, sure, but I don't buy it. I don't buy reports that it's not going to happen. I do buy that Snyder said it won't, but I think reality is eventually going to smack them around and they'll relent to the trade.

I predicted in my mock that it happens after the draft, not because I thought it was a cool twist ending, but because I believe the Redskins might try in vain to keep him through the draft and sign him, notice the inevitability of his departure, and then unload him for whatever they can get. The fact that at #17 - it's likely that one of the top 4 QBs will be there allows them to address the position right then and cut bait with Cousins after.

Quote:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/10/14881146/kirk-cousins-49ers-2017-2018-trade-rumors

Spoke to source close to #Redskins QB Kirk Cousins last night. Per Cousins: "I'm going to be a 49er" in 2017 OR 2018.
We shall see...#49ers

More on the saga
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point there is no need to trade for him. At best offer the swaps of the 1st round picks but force the Redskins hands next year. With the 40% ticker, they aren't going to tag him again. Sacramento Kings meet the Washington Redskins....

El ramster on the sig
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
Bait? I baited him into throwing a personal insult? I can't control what someone else decides to say or not say. But okay, I'll "knock it off". Very Happy

Moving right along. I still love you btw.

Glad you're moving along. We both know this doesn't only happen to you because everyone dislikes your username.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*

Last edited by PapaShogun on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
At this point there is no need to trade for him. At best offer the swaps of the 1st round picks but force the Redskins hands next year. With the 40% ticker, they aren't going to tag him again. Sacramento Kings meet the Washington Redskins....

I was ok with the swap but now, I would prefer if we don't. Maybe send them a combo of other picks but if not we can just wait.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

People keep saying this, and if he puts up another monster year (and maybe if he just puts up another one), I don't believe it. They will just use the Transition tag. It would guarantee 1 year, nearly 29 million for him if no long term deal. If a team gives him a long term deal, they can match it rather easily since you can no longer poison pill the contracts. Then they force the team that signed him to the offer sheet to trade for him. People are assuming that he's just going to be able to come voluntarily next year - but depending on how petty Snyder is going to be over Shanny, this is no guarantee. Washington still has moves to make.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Pandomonium wrote:
I like Cousins, I think he's what most would refer to as a second tier QB
(good enough to get a respectable record but probably not a superbowl unless you have a beast of a team around him)

I just don't think he is worth the 2nd overall pick in this years draft.

HOWEVER

QB is a MUST HAVE position and I do not think ANY of the ones in the draft nor Hoyer is good enough to start for us in 2017.

so what is the solution?

suck again until next year?
Do you think the 49ers are close to winning a Super Bowl or something? 49ers are in a great place. Shanahan and Lynch get to use this first year as a key rebuilding one. Signing Hoyer is smart. He already knows the offense. The 49ers can get a high QB prospect next year if they suck (which they will) or go after Cousins assuming he has another good year.

The solution is wait a year.

Agree with this. I have never understood the fascination with having to have the quarterback in place this year and forcing the action (and not just with regards to Kirk, but in the draft as well). There's absolutely no reason to force anything. We are going to be bad. Build this thing right.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

People keep saying this, and if he puts up another monster year (and maybe if he just puts up another one), I don't believe it. They will just use the Transition tag. It would guarantee 1 year, nearly 29 million for him if no long term deal. If a team gives him a long term deal, they can match it rather easily since you can no longer poison pill the contracts. Then they force the team that signed him to the offer sheet to trade for him. People are assuming that he's just going to be able to come voluntarily next year - but depending on how petty Snyder is going to be over Shanny, this is no guarantee. Washington still has moves to make.

Okay, fine then. I won't lose any sleep not getting Cousins. Would I want him? Sure, why not. But then go get one of the top QBs from the supposed stacked 18 class.

El ramster on the sig
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Then, all he has to do is to hold out. If he publicly says he won,t sign the transition tag and won't play a down for the Redskins, what will they do? I assume that from the moment he is designated with the transition tag, it "reserves" that 29m chunk on the team's salary cap. If he doesn't want to play, then the Redskins have to find him a replacement. Will they just accept to forfeit 29m of potential spending just because they don't want Cousins to go elsewhere? What free agent will ever want to sign with them, if that's how they treat their players?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Okay, fine then. I won't lose any sleep not getting Cousins. Would I want him? Sure, why not. But then go get one of the top QBs from the supposed stacked 18 class.

This is pretty much where I am. At this point next year, he's 30 years old, right? I mean, I'm not going to cry if he never ends up coming here. It's a nice get if we do obtain him this year or next year, but in by no means a requirement.

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Yeah, we haven't seen a stacked class at QB like this since the 1999 class when Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Cade McNown came in and blew the NFL away with their impressive skills.

No matter how good a prospect is, I would take a player who has proven to be successful in the NFL 9 times out of 10 over them. Exceptions granted for a once in a decade Luck-type prospect.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
This is pretty much where I am. At this point next year, he's 30 years old, right? I mean, I'm not going to cry if he never ends up coming here. It's a nice get if we do obtain him this year or next year, but in by no means a requirement.

Exactly, not going to lose any sleep if he doesn't come here. Though I obviously think there is a better than good chance he does end up here.

But I don't really mind his age. QBs tend to play up until their late 30s. Even if he starts breaking down in his mid-30s, giving us say five or so good years would still be awesome.

El ramster on the sig
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Forge wrote:

Exactly, not going to lose any sleep if he doesn't come here. Though I obviously think there is a better than good chance he does end up here.

But I don't really mind his age. QBs tend to play up until their late 30s. Even if he starts breaking down in his mid-30s, giving us say five or so good years would still be awesome.

This would be more than we have had from any QBs in the last 15 years, right?! I will take it. Pray
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Then, all he has to do is to hold out. If he publicly says he won,t sign the transition tag and won't play a down for the Redskins, what will they do? I assume that from the moment he is designated with the transition tag, it "reserves" that 29m chunk on the team's salary cap. If he doesn't want to play, then the Redskins have to find him a replacement. Will they just accept to forfeit 29m of potential spending just because they don't want Cousins to go elsewhere? What free agent will ever want to sign with them, if that's how they treat their players?

Without signing it, I don't believe another team can offer him a contract.

The idea for Washington is always going to be to extricate value in return for losing him. In Snyder's case, there is the added bonus of petty and vindictiveness if he really wants to keep him from the 49ers.

We say that about the free agents, but every year players go to dumpster fires of teams in disarray - money says a lot. Right now, they have 77 million in space for next year. Outside of Cousins, they have Breeland and Murphy (who is about to sit out 4 games for a PED suspension). They could very well lock down that 29 million on the tag and be okay with it.

Snyder is just the type to be petty and vengeful enough to cut off his nose to spite his face. I don't believe for one second that he wouldn't

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Redskins FO really likes a QB at in this draft, then I think it is very possible they trade Cousins. But if not, they probably hold on to him for another year and see what happens.

El ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: