Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Shanahan??? quarterback moves???
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
77-Style

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Kyle Shanahan??? quarterback moves??? Reply with quote

With the possibly of Kyle being our head coach, my question is who do yall see as being our starting QB in his system?? Any thoughts on Kirk Cousins??? Philip Rivers??
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take either of those two quarterbacks at the right price, which means I will end up taking neither of those quarterbacks as the price is sure to never be my definition of "right."

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I would take either of those two quarterbacks at the right price, which means I will end up taking neither of those quarterbacks as the price is sure to never be my definition of "right."

Prettt much the similar thought I had. I would love to have either of those guys here but the asking price is gonna be multiple of our premium draft picks this year/next year and I'm not willing to part with any of those.

I could see Hoyer being brought in and maybe Taylor if he is in fact released by the Bills where Shanahan could curtail an offense similar to what he did with RGIII his rookie year.

It'll be interesting to say the least who is brought in through FA and seeing if that affects where we select a QB or to see who Shanahan wants to select at QB to groom. I don't necessarily see him needing to have one of the "top tier" guys if there is such a class this year, and I probably am of the minority who somewhat likes both Trubisky and Watson
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyle Shanahan??? quarterback moves??? Reply with quote

77-Style wrote:
With the possibly of Kyle being our head coach, my question is who do yall see as being our starting QB in his system?? Any thoughts on Kirk Cousins??? Philip Rivers??

Very different options in my mind. Cousins is 28, probably at the peak of his career. A move for him couid make him our QB for as long as another decade if plays up to what people think of him these days. Rivers is 35 or 36 and would be purely a stop gap. In that case maybe the thinking would be that he gives us as long as 2 to 3 years to find out QB of the future.

Like Y2 I'm OK with either for the right price, but I fear the price for either would be higher than I want to pay.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills are moving on from Tyrod. Should we take a crack at him?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

Yes, he should be one of the guys we take a look at. No clue why the Bills are doing this. But it got me to thinking, are they one of the teams that could be looking to move up or they learned their lesson when they moved up for Watkins?

El ramster on the sig
G08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder which of the following QBs Shanahan would be most interested in coming out of this draft:

At pick 2: Deshaun Watson/Mitch Trubisky/Deshone Kizer
In round 2: Brad Kaaya

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
AustrianNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
I wonder which of the following QBs Shanahan would be most interested in coming out of this draft:

Shanahan may be good at getting great output out of average guys but I doubt he could turn Kaaya into a decent NFL QB. Not a fan at all.

Best solution still to have Tyrod Taylor here and let Shanahan work with him, but tbh I'm actually somewhat confident he can fix the offense one way or another.
sbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Yes, he should be one of the guys we take a look at. No clue why the Bills are doing this. But it got me to thinking, are they one of the teams that could be looking to move up or they learned their lesson when they moved up for Watkins?

I have actually been considering this trade with Buffalo. And also trying to inquire what the compensation would be AND if they would be willing to part ways with an often injured Sammy watkins in the deal to move up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

*insert hurl gif here*

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

I have actually been considering this trade with Buffalo. And also trying to inquire what the compensation would be AND if they would be willing to part ways with an often injured Sammy watkins in the deal to move up.

With almost all of their WR core a FA this year I don't know if they'd be willing to part with Watkins but shoot I definitely would not mind adding him, swapping picks and maybe a mid rounder too. If the Bills are in fact going to cut Taylor in my mind they have to take a QB. To my knowledge Cardale Jones has shown nothing, and Manuel is a known bust. Would love to see Tyrod Taylor picked up through FA and then trade with Buffalo to get their 1st and 2nd/3rd though. Then we take a mid rounder like Davis Webb or Jerod Evans, or even someone late like Chad Kelly to have Shanahan work with and see if he can't get anything out of them. I'm a big fan of Webb, has the size, arm and head for football, some time on the bench to learn an NFL offense and get his footwork down would be the perfect situation for him.

Nothing about Brad Kaaya says 2nd rounder to me, he'll be this years Cook and slide on draft day if not further than Cook did.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
G08 wrote:

*insert hurl gif here*

Trust me, I know the feeling Laughing

Who else would he want to take at #2, though? Myles Garrett likely is going #1 overall, you just drafted 2 DL in back-to-back years so I don't see Jonathan Allen going there. It's too rich for a corner or safety, IMO. Carlos Hyde was solid last season so no Fournette... who the hell is left? Reuben Foster?

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Forge wrote:
G08 wrote:

*insert hurl gif here*

Trust me, I know the feeling Laughing

Who else would he want to take at #2, though? Myles Garrett likely is going #1 overall, you just drafted 2 DL in back-to-back years so I don't see Jonathan Allen going there. It's too rich for a corner or safety, IMO. Carlos Hyde was solid last season so no Fournette... who the hell is left? Reuben Foster?

I have given myself over to the fact that #2 is going to be a quarterback. I'd be happier with several people in that spot, though. Barnett would probably be my ideal scenario.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

One of the first three in the middle of the first would be OK, Kaaya in the lower middle of the draft would be OK. Any higher and it's probably a reach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people here really think Taylor is a good QB or is this just a move to fill our open QB position?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: