Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2017 Raiders Mock Draft Thread | Rolni *4/19/17*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 6586
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Obviously, if you use a 1st round pick on a RB, you're not going to use him in a committee. Do we need a 1st round RB? No. Getting an impact player on D will make much more of a difference.


Agreed. No need for a RB that high. A savvy vet to be insurance for Washington and Richard would do.


There won't be any cheap savvy vet on the market IMO. I would like us to draft a strong between the tackles guy in the mid-late rounds and put him in the rotation next to The Smurfs.


There are players to be cut as well. E.g Stewart from Panthers has a cap number of $8m next year, he would be perfect imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41509
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Obviously, if you use a 1st round pick on a RB, you're not going to use him in a committee. Do we need a 1st round RB? No. Getting an impact player on D will make much more of a difference.


Agreed. No need for a RB that high. A savvy vet to be insurance for Washington and Richard would do.


There won't be any cheap savvy vet on the market IMO. I would like us to draft a strong between the tackles guy in the mid-late rounds and put him in the rotation next to The Smurfs.


There are players to be cut as well. E.g Stewart from Panthers has a cap number of $8m next year, he would be perfect imo.


Agree. Someone (can't remember who) mentioned him on here and I thought the same thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 3392
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Obviously, if you use a 1st round pick on a RB, you're not going to use him in a committee. Do we need a 1st round RB? No. Getting an impact player on D will make much more of a difference.


Agreed. No need for a RB that high. A savvy vet to be insurance for Washington and Richard would do.


There won't be any cheap savvy vet on the market IMO. I would like us to draft a strong between the tackles guy in the mid-late rounds and put him in the rotation next to The Smurfs.


There are players to be cut as well. E.g Stewart from Panthers has a cap number of $8m next year, he would be perfect imo.


Agree. Someone (can't remember who) mentioned him on here and I thought the same thing.

That could work for sure, wasn't aware of his situation...
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 3392
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick fan ride here with the Fanspeak engine:

Cut:
Dan Williams mostly because he came into camp out of shape and then obviously because his play fell of in 2016. I bring back Stacy McGee here to work with Ellis and Latham at NT.

Resign:
Stacy McGee, Perry Riley, Brynden Trawick

FA signing:
Jared Odrick to play 3T for us, like he used to for MIA. Ward and Latham could take their time and develope behind him. He would play next to Edwards and that could boost his play level.


Draft:
1. Haason Reddick LB to play at WLB next to Riley Jr.
2. Justin Evans S to play alongside Karl Joseph at S
3. Cameron Sutton CB to give competiton and offer depth at CB
4. Jamaal Williams RB to work in our RB commitee as the power RB
5. Eric Saubert TE to give Walford a push at TE
6.-7. No clue yet...
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6683
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for using this thread, Rolni.

I don't like the Odrick signing, McGee is better than him and signing both would be redundant.

Not to crazy about the draft, either. I simply don't think Justin Evans is a good player; he can't tackle and isn't especially good in coverage. The only thing he has going for him is ball skills. Not a fan of Sutton, either. I don't believe he'll evolve into a competent outside corner in the NFL and slot corners ca be found later and in UDFA. Not crazy about Williams fit. He's an eye back and we've been moving away from that considering the additions of Washington and Richard last offseason. Eric Saubert would be a waste if we're truly still giving Walford time. I'd rather draft more of a true "move" guy like Jonnu Smith or Evan Engram earlier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agarcia34


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 6437
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Just a quick fan ride here with the Fanspeak engine:

Cut:
Dan Williams mostly because he came into camp out of shape and then obviously because his play fell of in 2016. I bring back Stacy McGee here to work with Ellis and Latham at NT.

Resign:
Stacy McGee, Perry Riley, Brynden Trawick

FA signing:
Jared Odrick to play 3T for us, like he used to for MIA. Ward and Latham could take their time and develope behind him. He would play next to Edwards and that could boost his play level.


Draft:
1. Haason Reddick LB to play at WLB next to Riley Jr.
2. Justin Evans S to play alongside Karl Joseph at S
3. Cameron Sutton CB to give competiton and offer depth at CB
4. Jamaal Williams RB to work in our RB commitee as the power RB
5. Eric Saubert TE to give Walford a push at TE
6.-7. No clue yet...


Have you tried the Manage the cap simulator? where you can decide who to cut and restructure the contracts and it lets you sign free agents its pretty cool, but it takes time.
_________________
#Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 3392
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Thanks for using this thread, Rolni.

I don't like the Odrick signing, McGee is better than him and signing both would be redundant.

Not to crazy about the draft, either. I simply don't think Justin Evans is a good player; he can't tackle and isn't especially good in coverage. The only thing he has going for him is ball skills. Not a fan of Sutton, either. I don't believe he'll evolve into a competent outside corner in the NFL and slot corners ca be found later and in UDFA. Not crazy about Williams fit. He's an eye back and we've been moving away from that considering the additions of Washington and Richard last offseason. Eric Saubert would be a waste if we're truly still giving Walford time. I'd rather draft more of a true "move" guy like Jonnu Smith or Evan Engram earlier.

Since it was not a big effort mock offseason I thought this thread is the best place for it.

I would keep McGee as a NT and use Odrick as a UT. I think the would fit in well...

I can see your points with the draft picks...

agarcia34 wrote:

Have you tried the Manage the cap simulator? where you can decide who to cut and restructure the contracts and it lets you sign free agents its pretty cool, but it takes time.

Yeah I used that for the cut, resign,FA part. Fun stuff...
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 16821
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre Combine:

Cap Space: 47M

Derek Carr's extension: 5 years/123M (33M signing bonus)
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/andrew-luck-9811/
Only the prorated portion of his signing bonus will count against the 2017 salary cap (33/5=6.6M) if we assume the contract is structured like Luck's.

Cap space: 40.4M

Released


Dan Williams NT (4.5M)

Cap space: 45M

Re-signed


Daren Bates LB: 800k (vet minimum)
Brynden Trawick SS: 3y/6M
Jon Condo LS: 1.2M
Denico Autry DE (RFA): Original round tender - 1.85M
Seth Roberts WR (ERFA): 690k
Gabe Holmes TE (ERFA): 615k
SaQwan Edwards DB (ERFA): 615k

Cap Space: 37.2M

Trade 6th round pick to Eagles for LB Mychal Kendricks (5M)

FA


Robert Turbin RB 2y/4M
Jared Odrick DL 2y/9M
Johnathan Hankins NT 4y/30M
Kayvon Webster CB 3y/6M
Sean Spence LB 2y/7M

Cap Space: 10.2M

DRAFT


#24: Cam Robinson OT
#56: Obi Melifonwu S
#88: Duke Riley LB
#130: Corey Clement RB
#168: Josh Malone WR
#208: Traded to Eagles
#242: Josh Tupou NT
#244: Steven Taylor LB

QB: Carr/Cook
RB: Richard/Turbin/Washington/Clement/Jones
FB: Olawale
WR: Crabtree/Roberts/Brent
WR: Cooper/Malone/Holton/Mickens
TE: Walford/Smith/Holmes
LT: Penn
LG: Osemele/Alexander
OC: Hudson/Feliciano
RG: Jackson/Kirkland
RT: Robinson/Howard

SE: Edwards/Autry
NT: Hankins/Ellis/Tupou
3T: Odrick/Ward/Latham
WE: Mack/Smith
SB: Irvin/Calhoun/Cowser
MB: Kendricks/James/Heeney/Bates
WB: Spence/Riley/Taylor/Ball
LCB: Amerson/Webster/Hamilton
SS: Melifonwu/Trawick/McGill
FS: Joseph/Nelson
RCB: Smith/Carrie/McDonald

K: Jano
P: King
LS: Condo
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 3392
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey oakdb36!

I like this a lot.
Not sure about the 2 DT's from FA, but this scenario is a really solid one and somewhat thinking outside of the box which I like.

Good job.

I might just resign Perry and keep the 6th rounder and possibly choose another RB instead of Clemens, but this could also work well.
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 16821
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Hey oakdb36!

I like this a lot.
Not sure about the 2 DT's from FA, but this scenario is a really solid one and somewhat thinking outside of the box which I like.

Good job.

I might just resign Perry and keep the 6th rounder and possibly choose another RB instead of Clemens, but this could also work well.


Looking at the kind of LBs we've brought in the last few years (speed over size except for Lofton), i'm not sure Perry Riley is what we're really looking for.

Neiron Ball 6'2 236 4.65
Ben Heeney 6'0 231 4.59
Malcolm Smith 6'0 226 4.44
Cory James 6'1 229 4.6
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 3392
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Hey oakdb36!

I like this a lot.
Not sure about the 2 DT's from FA, but this scenario is a really solid one and somewhat thinking outside of the box which I like.

Good job.

I might just resign Perry and keep the 6th rounder and possibly choose another RB instead of Clemens, but this could also work well.


Looking at the kind of LBs we've brought in the last few years (speed over size except for Lofton), i'm not sure Perry Riley is what we're really looking for.

Neiron Ball 6'2 236 4.65
Ben Heeney 6'0 231 4.59
Malcolm Smith 6'0 226 4.44
Cory James 6'1 229 4.6


Perry is 6'0 240. Not a big LB himself.

Also Mychal Kendricks is also 6'0 240 and as far as I know he got demoted this year mainly because of his struggles in coverage. Perry was servicable in cover this past year, so I still don't really see the point in that change...and I think Perry would be cheaper too...
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 16821
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference is speed. That's the factor i was trying to highlight.

Also, i'm not sure Riley will be cheaper.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6683
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
The difference is speed. That's the factor i was trying to highlight.

I do think Reggie always has at least one sure-fire run defender one the roster, if only for 2 downs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trojan


Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Posts: 807
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a draft mock offseason, not FA.

1. Haason Reddick, LB Temple
6’2” 237lbs
Explosive athlete with great speed and range. Would be a good linebacker to pair with Bruce Irvin in 4-2-5 sets with complementary talent sets. Reddick has a background as a defensive back before he grew into linebacker size (played a lot of edge, which like early Irvin he’s undersized for, but Ken Norton turned Irvin’s skill set into a very good off ball linebacker). He dominated the Senior Bowl where he transitioned from edge rusher to play all three off ball linebacker positions and flourished not only in practice, but in game. Reddick's versatility is a major plus, but his rare athleticism demands that if we are to land him, this is the place to.

2. Marcus Williams, FS Utah
6’1” 195lbs
Marcus Williams is a natural centerfielder with optimal range and good football IQ to close on plays across large distances. He shows the ability to mind game QBs as well with baiting before showing off his range and making a play. Although light, Marcus Williams shows good tackling form and attacks the football. He seems to recognize where routes are developing and figuring out the proper angles to approach where he is needed during the plays. Shows effort against the run, but could have issues against power backs. His mind games and baiting might get exposed a bit in the pros, but shouldn’t be a negative as long as he adjusts to the talent level difference and the more complex offenses.

3. Jaleel Johnson, DT Iowa
6’3” 309lbs
Jaleel Johnson could fit into our 4-3 Under scheme as a powerful 3tech in early down situations when Mario Edwards is playing base end 5 technique before rotating to 2i technique when Mario Edwards kicks inside to team up to collapse the pocket while Khalil Mack, Aldon Smith and Bruce Irvin dominate the edges. Johnson is known for his strength, but he also has underrated speed which he translates into strength with his get off and allows him to close and complete the play. He fits well as a 1 gap attacking defensive tackle to maximize his strengths and utilize his ability to hit the gap hard and contort his body into play making position. His noted lack of using his length and leverage consistently (dominate when he works them together especially with one arm punch and twist into a single gap), and his at times being a non-factor, as well as being a 3tech exclusive player could push this potentially first round talent player to us in the third round.

4. Chris Godwin, WR Penn State
6’1” 205lbs
This is one of my favorite prospects and his Rose Bowl performance against USC was a great showing. He has a great catch radius and his effort is great on “uncatchable” balls that he sometimes brings in. This guy made plays all over and was the passing game that complemented Penn States great run game. Godwin has worked out pre-combine with Calvin Johnson, who called Godwin a coaches dream.

5. Jamaal Williams, RB BYU
6’0” 212lbs
Jamaal Williams became the BYU all time rushing leader this year after taking last year off for “undisclosed” personal reasons that are thought to possibly be related to underage drinking. He took off this year though playing with Taysom Hill behind a rickety offensive line displaying good balance and an ability to reach ideal play speed within a couple of steps once identifying where the line was going to give him a little something. Williams created space and used his ability to bounce off tackles and used power to gain extra yardage when the blocking failed. His relationship with Taysom Hill seems like it would transfer well to a great relationship with Derek Carr who I view as having a similar personality as Hill. I personally view Jamaal Williams as a higher prospect than this, however with this deep running back class and the rumor that the teams interested (at least according to early reporting) are the Atlanta Falcons and Chicago Bears I think this is a position that would be realistic at a BPA point to grab this 21 year old running back before the competition (ATL and CHI have young options under contract so I don’t think they’d target before the late 5th/early 6th, where we are before ATL and CHI respectively, most ranking sites view Williams as around a 5th round player as well). Jamaal Williams ability to single cut and then fight for yards, and fight successfully, seems to be a fit in what we wished from Murray, but Murray too often surrendered at contact.

6. Josh Holsey, CB Auburn
5’11” 192lbs
First and foremost is his history with ACL injuries, however he performed this past year as a senior and is not currently injured. Senior Bowl snub, but is a physical press man slot cornerback with starting potential. He is very active at fighting to make the receiver not control the ball, and has pop to his squared up tackles. He also shows a little extra range stretching out to intercept balls lead a little to far out in zone. Targeting Holsey late over similar fit Cam Sutton, who also has an injury history, but has hype into earlier rounds, could lead the Raiders to finding good value. A check to Holsey’s potential health concerns is TJ Carrie’s presence, where if Holsey starts at nickel over Carrie, Carrie still contributes on ST and depth at both FS and CB - while being insurance to Holsey. It will be important to monitor Auburn’s pro-day to see his movement abilities, but I think he has it. He had impressive games against Ole’ Miss and Clemson in coverage and made plays in the run against Oklahoma’s Joe Mixon this year.

7. Roderick Henderson, NT Alabama State
6’1” 352lbs
Hyper dominate in a lower division, and weight concerns, Henderson is quiet a force on the interior and the type of high motor nose tackle that could emerge as a force from the late rounds (or possibly undrafted) with development. I think a 7th round pick to secure his upside as a block eater and pocket collapser is worth it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOOGDMokmQ



QB: Derek Carr, Connor Cook
RB: Jamaal Williams, Jalen Richard, DeAndre Washington
FB: Jamize Olawale
WR: Amari Cooper, Seth Roberts
WR: Michael Crabtree, Andre Holmes
WR: Chris Godwin
TE: Clive Walford, Lee Smith
LT: Donald Penn
LG: Kelechi Osemele, Denver Kirkland
C: Rodney Hudson, Jon Feliciano
RG: Gabe Jackson, Vadal Alexander
RT: Austin Howard, Menelik Watson

5Tech: Mario Edwards, Denico Autry
1Tech: Dan Williams, Justin Ellis, Roderick Henderson
3Tech: Jaleel Johnson, Jihad Ward, Darius Latham
LEO: Aldon Smith, James Cowser
SLB: Khalil Mack, Shilique Calhoun
MLB: Haason Reddick, Corey James, Ben Heeney
WLB: Bruce Irvin, Neiron Ball
CB: David Amerson, DJ Hayden
CB: Sean Smith, Dexter McDonald
Nickel: Josh Holsey. TJ Carrie
FS: Marcus Williams, Reggie Nelson, Keith McGill
SS: Karl Joseph, Nate Allen

(Most common 11 starters: Aldon, Johnson, Edwards, Mack, Reddick, Irvin, Amerson, Smith, Holsey, Williams, Joseph)
LS: Jon Condo
K: Sebastian Janikowski
P: Marquette King
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 3392
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be sick!!
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group