Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Ryk!!!! Shocked

Asuhh dude

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Lol, the bickering over Mah Homie is funny to me.

I'm over here all like...idgaf, we finally drafted a QB in the first round!!!! Dancing
mayans very contrarian, I think most of us are right there with you.

Good to have you back though man. Do you like Bowser as a pass rusher or an ILB?
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Lol, the bickering over Mah Homie is funny to me.

I'm over here all like...idgaf, we finally drafted a QB in the first round!!!! Dancing
mayans very contrarian, I think most of us are right there with you.

Good to have you back though man. Do you like Bowser as a pass rusher or an ILB?

I like him as both. Plug him in at Jack next to Ramik and we're golden. He's athletic and quick enough to play in coverage, but I see him as a great run stuffer who would be incredibly valuable in the red zone and short yardage situations...and obviously, thinking about the blitz packages we could dream up makes my pants tight.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Ryk!!!! Shocked

Asuhh dude

I need a new sig and avy😭😭

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out of the Sig & avy biz, bro. Sorry. Sad

Plus, I'm in New Orleans right now and am about to board a cruise to the Yucatan tomorrow.

I'm just happy we finally have a legit QB prospect.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
samsel23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:
Because I detest dumb management.
First we overpay to move up. It's classic management draft day stupidity.

Second we pick a QBOTF who can't beat good teams.

Third, we leave on the table the national champion QB who plays above his competition and excels in highly charged games and bright lights.

Fourth, to save face, if Mahomes can't cut it, management will run this QB out onto the field anyway. The result will be YEARS of heartbreak and ruined seasons. I'm too old to wait decades for recovery.

Sorry if that's too sour. But tonite, that's how I feel. Please Lord, let the logic of what's printed be wrong and Mahomes will lead KC to the promised land.

1. The draft value was spot on. Moving 17 picks in the first round is expensive. And we don't have the luxury of high current or future picks. Two low firsts are only going to get you to the middle of the first. We did not overpay.

2. This will forever be horrible logic. ESPECIALLY in college, where things are so absurdly stacked in favor of certain teams. You tell Alabama they're not allowed to pass the ball, and their QB is going to have more wins against tough teams than most of the NCAA will.

3. Tee Martin, Chris Weinke, Josh Heupel, Ken Dorsey, Craig Krenzel, Matt Mauck, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Chris Leak, Matt Flynn, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, Cam Newton, A.J. McCarron, Jameis Winston. This is every national championship winning QB since 1998, not counting those not yet drafted. Tell me how many of those we'd be lucky to have. Using a championship win as an argument is completely baseless.

4. This is true of any team, with any highly picked QB. They're always given more time than they deserve if they fail. This would be true if we took who you wanted as well.

mayanfootball wrote:
Chiefs seem to play Houston each season now. Watson will be primed to kick our [inappropriate/removed].

And this, is why you see posters around here questioning your fandom. This does not sound like someone thinking "Damn, I wish we had taken Watson instead." This sounds like someone rooting for the front office to fail and pay for it.
Ok , let's take
'em one at a time.
1. Well we're a net negative a first and 3rd. round pick. More importantly everyone loving this pick assumes Mahomes is a cinch franchise QB. But if not? KC is out 2 FIRST AND 1 THIRD ROUND PICKS. This is ridiculous "value" fans. Dobbs scored 50 TD's for Tennessee (30 passing, 20 running). We could've had him in round 2 or 3 WITHOUT GIVING UP all our gold into next year. Sports journalists agree with me that management "overpays" (whatever you want that to mean) to trade up for 1st. round QB's.

2. You are arguing with Bill Parcells who knows more about successful QB's than all of us.

3. Again, you argue with Parcells. Mahomes is 0-9 against major competition. No wonder you guys blow it off. Watson has intangibles that Mahomes can onlly dream of. Watson took hit after hit IN TWO CHAMPINSHIPS PLAYOFFS and kept getting up. That's a stud in my book. Houston teammates know it too.

4. Yep. This truth is why Watson was the better pick (and I thought Dobbs could have been our pick. Reid wouldn't work as hard to prepare him IMO). Watson doesn't throw wildly, doesn't have miserable footwork like Mahomes, and can stand in the pocket. Mahomes doesn't know what a pocket is. Watson will play sooner than later and make us ashamed we passed on him. Mark my words. I said it here first.

Oh, and to you guys who think I hate the Chiefs? No way. I just don't lick their boots like an all-day sucker. Look at my post prior to the pick. I stated that of the two, Watson was the better pick and I'd be unhappy if they went Mahomes. For value, Dobbs (or even another) was the pick and I had him in most, if not all, of my mock drafts

The part in bold is the only one I'm touching and it is correct. None of us should care if Watson starts sooner, even if he plays solid. Watson played with NFL talent he should have been dominating most college teams. He's a one read, tuck and run guy. He has a ceiling of solid guy, do we want to be stuck with solid again or take the chance on a guy we had franchise QB traits.

Break down Mahomes footwork, that's the first thing that needs fixed but to say he doesn't know what a pocket is, is false... I've seen him step up in the pocket plenty of times... he was Texas Tech football, if he played bad they got blown out.. I saw numerous games where Watson got carried by his team. Mahomes didn't have that luxury... like I said he needs a ton of work with his footwork, but he's an improviser and I've seen him go through progressions WAYY more than Watson. Our young WR's should love this pick, he will find them if a play breaks down

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Quote:
says Reid is a top offense coach and developer of QBs

Never said he wasn't. I think maybe he's old and peaked as a coach and his ability to playcall now is questionable, but I won't take away what he's already accomplished. I never have tried. As a QB developer - same thing. I never said he wasn't. So what's the point of telling me this?

You cited Parcels and what he wants, which is an implication he knows more about QBs than Reid. If you didn't think he knows more about QBs than Parcels, why use that as justification for your position?

Most of us look at Reid's success with QBs and trust he knows what he's doing.

You may not like giving up valuable picks for the trade up, but it was right there as appropriate value. And if you don't like Mahomes, maybe go read that article I linked to and say how that guy is wrong, or anything specific that is also relevant to him that you don't like. So far I've heard you don't like Mahomes because he was on a crappy team and couldn't carry them by himself, his stats were no better than other QBs as if that means something, he doesn't know what a pocket is despite the article I linked to giving plenty of evidence to the contrary, and he will require more work to get to his ceiling than Watson. Notice that last one I phrased a bit differently than you probably would, but I would argue that Mahomes, with an HC that sets him up to succeed is just as good a QB as Watson. Watson was surrounded by great talent, Mahomes not even close. So as largely equal performing QBs, Watson wins a NC and Mahomes doesn't even sniff it.

^ryknowssd on the sig
footballfan81

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Quote:

But Parcels didn't hit all his draft picks so please, lets not act like one analyst or coach knows who will be great and who will not.
Quote:

Please enlighten me with all the great QB's Bill Parcells has drafted. I'll wait.

LOL, I love it. So your comeback is to dis Parcells? He's only one of the greatest minds in football. But hey, I'll let you go for it. Laughing

Again, please list the last successful qb parcells drafted? Henne???
Herm the Squirm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking we win the Super Bowl with Alex Smith this year then trade him to the Bears for a 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 7th.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So far I've heard you don't like Mahomes because he was on a crappy team and couldn't carry them by himself,
Not what I said. This is your paraphrasing.
I hope Mahomes can be a great QB. He's going to run my teams offense.
What I did say is that I liked Watson better. I've listed my reasons why.
samsel23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Quote:
So far I've heard you don't like Mahomes because he was on a crappy team and couldn't carry them by himself,
Not what I said. This is your paraphrasing.
I hope Mahomes can be a great QB. He's going to run my teams offense.
What I did say is that I liked Watson better. I've listed my reasons why.

Watson really wasn't better from the pocket tho? If his first read wasn't open his eyes shifted towards the OL and running lanes. He took more shots with his first read, but that's the only difference in play styles from Smith of 2 years ago (Alex didn't run as much the past 2 years). Maybe more talent but similar styles.

I do like how Watson play big in big games, but that's about all I would give him. If we wanted a guy to take over right away I would say Watson would produce better early, but it would be the same basic offense. I just want a change in styles.

Mahomes worked the pocket very well at times, he just tried to do too much by himself. Let him sit, learn, and work on his footwork.

Either way it's pointless to argue, just IMO Mahomes has many more traits that will translate to a normal NFL offense (no arm strength isn't even the top one).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mahomes worked the pocket
The guy doesn't take snaps under Center. I watched Gruden's Camp video and Mahomes was leaning atop his Center. Gruden called him on it.
So we've got a QB who needs to learn a basic QB skill: Take a snap under Center AND NOT FUMBLE. And he'll have to learn this skill at the Pro level. I'll trust he's a quick learner. This is something so simple, but it must become second nature to him FAST.
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Quote:
Mahomes worked the pocket
The guy doesn't take snaps under Center. I watched Gruden's Camp video and Mahomes was leaning atop his Center. Gruden called him on it.
So we've got a QB who needs to learn a basic QB skill: Take a snap under Center AND NOT FUMBLE. And he'll have to learn this skill at the Pro level. I'll trust he's a quick learner. This is something so simple, but it must become second nature to him FAST.

What Gruden showed was real old. Mahomes took daily reps under center in practice and even did minimally during games. Fumbling wasn't an issue with the snap. Gruden didn't like how he ran with it.

MMQB Mahomes Article

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's always one idiot who disagrees with everything no matter what

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
samsel23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
there's always one idiot who disagrees with everything no matter what

I mean I don't disagree it was a risk, but I still stand by Mahomes was a MUCH better prospect.

He's a natural athlete, I'm not worried about him taking snaps under center. Watson will also need work at this. It's not just a flaw for Mahomes...

I'll take a QB that needs work on his footwork, over a guy that needs work going to secondary and third progressions. Sure the footwork gets a little sloppy sometimes when Mahomes does it, but at least he is keeping his eyes down the field when he's moving around... our offensive weapons are too talented for the QB not to use them..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: