Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your 2017 49ers, or mine atleast - mock offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Your 2017 49ers, or mine atleast - mock offseason Reply with quote

Bored and have today off work so I figured I'd kill some time and create a mock offseason.

GM - Gutekunst
HC - Shanahan
DC - Morris (only bring this up for the scheme switch from 3-4 to 4-3)

FA :

- Brian Hoyer, QB : Looked capable in his one year with Shanahan at CLE, pure stop gap.

- Matt Schaub, QB : Will never suit up but a player/coach to help our rookie from the bench.

- Shaun Draugh, RB : Nothing special whatsoever but a reliable #2 behind Hyde who has an all around game.

- Danny Woodhead, RB : Nice scat RB who can still create mismatches on LBs in the passing game, another weapon for Shanny to work into our offense. He's older and coming off another injury so maybe he looks for one last pay day where he can still contribute.

- Alshon Jeffery, WR - Long been a dream of mine, we offer him a lot of money and a 5 year contract for security he hasn't gotten in CHI. Chance to be the #1 WR in Shanny's offense and be a center piece of an offense. Maybe has some chemistry with Hoyer from last year.

- Aldrick Robinson, WR - One of those WRs with an NFL body and NFL athleticism who just hangs around the league. Familiar with Shanny's offense and has a chance to be our #3 maybe more in the future.

- Andrew Whitworth, OT : Getting older looking for his last pay day before he calls it quits. We can offer him good money and a starting RT spot. I know a lot of you see potential in Brown and so do I but competition breeds greatness and I'm tired of "hoping" our young OL can reach their potential and having a mediocre OL as a result. You build from the trenches out, let's solidify the OL for whoever is at QB for us, also makes Hyde that much more effective.

- Ron Leary, OG : Became the odd man out of the equation of a great OL in DAL. A very good OL in his own right and still young. Much better than our Beadles signing last year and has plenty of experience at LG where he'll start for us. Again, competition breeds greatness so let's push Garnett and Tiller.

- Andrew Tiller, OG : Has potential and continues to grow, at worst provides depth for us.

- John Sullivan, C : Was an above average C for the Vikings for some time. Got hurt last year in WAS and will be looking for a new home. Kilgore can't stay healthy and is sub par anyhow. Honestly I want Joe Hawley but I can't see the Bucs letting him walk away.

- Mike Purcell, DT : Very underrated run stuffer for us and has proven more durable than Ian Williams so he gets the nod.

- Glenn Dorsey, DT : Getting up there in years but as we saw last year when he came back from injury he still has some left in the tank. A rotational guy.

- A.J. Klein, MLB : Served admirably in Kuechly's absence and can come over and fill the same role for us or even give Bowman breathers since injuries have to be taking their toll on our best LB. Inside LB was a major weakness for us after Bowman went down and I think we've all seen enough of the back ups we have get any playing time.

- Shayne Skov, ILB : Strictly special teams guy and depth at MLB. Love the intensity he plays with though, always saw him in on tackles for special teams.

- Nick Perry, OLB : Really came on this year for GB and is coming off his rookie contract looking for money he won't find in GB. A good not great pass rusher who I always saw as a better fit as a rush/aggressive 4-3 OLB.

- Marcus Cromartie, S/CB : Like his versatility for depth and another special teams guy for us.

Draft :

1st - Mitch Trubisky, QB/UNC : I know a lot will disagree but is the most mechnically and fundamentally sound QB in this years draft, gives new regime "their" guy and would love to see what Shanahan could do with a guy who seems to have all the tools.

2nd - Charles Harris, DE/MIZZ : In this pass rusher loaded draft some good ones will be available with this pick. Harris has the size, quickness, bend and effort you love to see from effective DEs.

3rd - Isaiah Ford, WR/VT : Big play WR with decent size and good speed, actually reminds me of a young Torrey Smith.

4th - Anthony Walker Jr., LB/NW : A tackling machine who can run sideline to sideline. A little on the smaller side but has great instincts and is always around the ball, a sound tackler and would slide in perfect at WLB in our 4-3 defense.

4th - John Toth, C/KENTUCKY : A long time starter who saw plenty of talent line up across from him playing in the SEC and held his own extremely well. I believe there's even a quote out there where Jonathon Allen said Kentucky's OL and specifically Toth was one of the most physical, talented OL and guys he's played agaianst.

5th - Carlos Henderson, WR/LTU : Another big time playmaker with speed that kills. Might need some work on routes and fine tuning the little things a WR needs to do but is dangerous in the open field and a great returner as well.

5th - Ejuan Price, DE/PITT : A bit undersized at 6' 250 but you can't deny his pass rush skills, maybe becomes part of a "Nascar" package type scheme for us.

6th - Michael Roberts, TE/TOLEDO : A big bodied, soft handed, TD machine at Toledo. If he catches the ball inside the 10 yard liner he's carrying defenders into the end zone with him and can become our blocking TE.

6th - Weston Steelhammer, S/AF : Not the biggest, not the fastest or most athletically gifted but he is always around the ball, constantly making plays for Air Force's defense game in and game out. No secret Bethea is older and underperforming and depth is needed.

7th - Sam Rogers, FB/VT : I mentioned the position before and here it is. Rogers is a really fun player to watch and has serious ball skills whether running the ball or catching it. Blocks well and has the mobility and agility to get to and lock on to second level guys.

7th - Jake Elliott, K/MEMPHIS : A great kicker for a long time at Memphis, is accurate and has power.

Rough Depth Chart :

QB - Hoyer, Trubisky, Schaub
RB - Hyde, Woodhead, Draughn
FB - Rogers
WR - Jeffery, Smith, Robinson, Ford, Henderson
TE - McDonald, Celek, Roberts
OT - Staley, Whitworth, Brown, Theus
OG - Leary, Garnett, Tiller, Beadles
C - Kilgore/ Sullivan, Toth

LDE - Lynch, Harris, Price
RDE - Buckner, Armstead
DT - Dial, Purcell, Dorsey, Blair
OLB - Perry, Armstrong, Walker Jr., Harold
MLB - Bowman, Klein, Skov
CB - Brock, Robinson, Redmond, Ward, Reaser
FS - Reid, Cromartie, Steelhammer
SS - Bethea, Tartt

K - Elliott
P - Pinion
LS - Nelson

Some defensive thoughts I have :

I like the DTs being run stuffers to help keep hands off Bowman so he can make plays and prevent any more wear and tear. Buckner and Armstead although bigger bodied than most 4-3 DEs they would be great on the strong side to help with defending the rush and have shown flashes of being able to get pressure on QBs as well. With Perry and Harold as our SLB we get another form of pass rush from them to help apply more heat.

Thoughts?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting exercise, although I hope we don't go with Trubisky in the first. And not sure about your depth chart moves. I'd like to get a veteran like Hoyer, and the familiarity with Shanahan is a plus.

Personally, I think I'd bring back Jeremy Kerley. He was our only receiver who'd consistently lay out to make a catch, dive, take a hit. He showed more heart and grit than anyone else this year, in my opinion. As a third/slot receiver, I'd be happy to keep him.

I don't see why Whitworth would even bother to pick up the phone, let alone sign with us. Everybody knows we're going with Staley and Brown at OT. It's not like he'd agree to play a rotational role in the hope of a superbowl run either. I don't think Leary is in the Shanahan mold. If you look at the Falcons line, and even the lines he had in Washington, he tends to go with lighter more athletic players. The heaviest player on the Falcons line is 311lbs. Maybe that doesn't bode well for Trent Brown, but I don't think his weight would be too much of an issue. His length often negates some lack of athleticism (and he's plenty athletic anyway). Plus, Brown is already on the roster. It's one thing to make due with what you already have, and another to go out and sign players that don't really fit what you're used to do. It's easy to look at a list of free agents and go after every highest rated guy at any position, we have money after all. But I don't see Leary realistically being a target for Shanahan.

Again, personally, I wouldn't even bother considering Draughn for a final roster spot. Sure, bring him back for veteran minimum. OTAs, training camp and all. But if he makes the roster on opening day, even as a third stringer, I think we will have missed an opportunity. He's honestly not that good. He's reliably mediocre. Which is better than Mike Davis, who's reliably very bad. You can atleast count on Draughn to deliver you that important 2 yard run on 2 and 8. I think he's a good emergency injury call up. I trust him more to have a decent start/full game than just have a few snaps or series here and there. Over the course of a game, he'll get in rhythm and break a couple of 15 yarders. But in spot duty, he does absolutely nothing. He doesn't lose you much, but he doesn't gain you much either. So, if it were up to me, he would be my last cut to get to 53. It may be harsh for him, but I just don't want him to get picked up by some other team during training camp. I want him to be unemployed. Then, in week 7, Hyde gets injured, Back-up #1 already had a nagging injury... you sign Draughn, who is still unemployed, and maybe he gives you good enough football to help you survive a tough stretch. But he's simply not an important cog in the machine. Not as a primary back-up, not as a secondary back-up. At best, he could be insurance.

John Sullivan? I could be interested. Experience at C cannot be overstated. And experience of being a really good C is great. If we can't get him, I remember I liked Brian Schwenke when he came out. I don't know if he's been any good. Seems to have been injured a little. But he could be an athletic center we could take a chance on. Watching Maurkice Pouncey pull yesterday was just beautiful, and wasn't something I could imagine Kilgore pull off anyway. What do you guys think of Schwenke? I'm only basing my opinion off 2012-13, so it's not worth much.

I would love to get Nick Perry. I think it only happens in your scenario, though, where we pick a QB at 2. If there's even just a slight chance we might go for pass rusher in the first (if we think Garrett isn't the Browns' pick, or that we might like Barnett enough), then I don't think we sign Perry. I think he'll be more of a pass rusher than an 4-3 OLB. I don't actually think we're really going to switch full time to a 4-3 anyway. And with the amount of time we spend in nickel and dime, he would end up playing DE (or standing DE along two down interior linemen) much of the time anyway. He would primarily be a pass rusher, which wouldn't be as much of a need if we thought we could add a Garrett or Barnett in the draft. Although, bring them in. We've lacked pass rush long enough that having an over-abundance of it would be a breath of fresh air.

Let's hope the Titans really really fall in love with Jonathan Allen, and trade both their first rounders to us to move up, than we can draft Barnett at 5, and whoever else at 18. We can add a fourth rounder (maybe a comp pick) going their way, if it helps. Imagine getting Barnett at 5, and still get a QB at 18. Any QB will be a reach in the first, this year, but maybe we get the lesser of the reaches. Or we could go with Corey Davis, if he's still there, and we haven't managed to sign Alshon Jeffery. It just feels like we can get a very good player in the first this year, maybe two if we play our cards right, and to me, it seems that none of these players would be a QB.

Maybe I should make one of these fake offseasons, for you guys. I feel like writing.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it man! I love checking out and thinking about all these different scenarios for the niners. Thanks for your feedback and thoughts like hearing other people's POVs. Couple things I have for ya :

- At OG, if not Leary maybe Zeitler or Lang then for a more athletic OG of starting quality for our team. If in fact Shanny does prefer more athletic OGs than we'll be in need of someone cause Tillers game is not graceful and an argument could be made against Garnett's game as well.

- At OT with Whitworth, again my thinking with this guy is an older player looking for one last pay day before he hangs em up. Considering the Bengals were trying him out at OG before the end of the season I think if we offered him starting RT money for a couple years he'd jump at that opportunity. Again, as much potential and upside as guys like Brown, Garnett and Tiller have shown, or atleast have, the end result is still a middle of the pack OL who's nothing to write home about. Successful teams have grear OL giving their RBs room to run and QBs time. If we don't have a good let alone great OL we need to keep improving it until it is. Also, I'll point out again if Shanahan prefers more athletic OL then Brown is not his type, a former LT playing RT seems more his type.

- Perry strikes me as the type of guy who could be successful as a down hill/attacking LB, whether in the 3-4 or 4-3. And as you pointed out we play a lot of downs as a nickel or dime package anyways so having Perry, Lynch, Harris among others to rush the passer seems greatly improved in my mind.

- Call me a softy but I like Draughn and think he's a serviceable back up. There's plenty worse out there and I think he's a Rathman favorite. Ideally he wouldn't play much anyways and we have plenty of other needs to address than looking for a back up RB. Harris fumbles too much and Davis has proved useless. Draughn should do for now, plus side is he seems durable.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats happening with Eric Rogers and Bruce Ellington?

Also whats the point of Schaub exactly seems like a waste of a roster spot tbh unless you want to give Trubusky the Hackenberg treatment.

I like AJ Klein, and Leary oof the FA's but not much else/dont see the chance of a guy like Jeffrey and Perry. Not a fan of the draft really at all other than Henderson and Walker but dont know much else yet about the early round guys like Harris, Ford, Toth, and even Trubusky I havent figured out yet.

I guess I cant shoot down too much from the draft considering I'm so undecided but from the looks of the roster i still see a lot of questions with how the 43 transitions and our roster comes together.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Whats happening with Eric Rogers and Bruce Ellington?

Also whats the point of Schaub exactly seems like a waste of a roster spot tbh unless you want to give Trubusky the Hackenberg treatment.

I like AJ Klein, and Leary oof the FA's but not much else/dont see the chance of a guy like Jeffrey and Perry. Not a fan of the draft really at all other than Henderson and Walker but dont know much else yet about the early round guys like Harris, Ford, Toth, and even Trubusky I havent figured out yet.

I guess I cant shoot down too much from the draft considering I'm so undecided but from the looks of the roster i still see a lot of questions with how the 43 transitions and our roster comes together.

Schaub is a player/coach type who would never suit up but has years of experience in the NFL and in Shanahan's scheme when QB of the Texans and back up QB of the Falcons.

Just a rough depth chart but I guess one of the many WRs we have could be added for the 6th spot if needed, there's a bunch though and none I really place that much belief in being Ellington, Kerley, Harper, Rogers, Streater, Patton and Smelter.

I think money and a change of power in our FO and HC could be luring to some free agents looking for their spots to become key pieces of both offense and defense.
49ereasons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this, was a fun read.

I haven't watched tape or anything of that nature on Trubinsky, from what I hear though he seems like a project. My issue, and I'd imagine the issue of a lot of 49er fans id bringing in a project like that with a relatively talent stripped roster. I'd hate to fall into the perpetual ineptitude of the Browns, bringing in guys that are a reach and have no business succeeding on low caliber rosters.

I struggle with what we should do at #2 though. Conventional wisdom seems to be trading back to gain depth, hopefully someone falls in love with Trubinsky and we can fleece em real good.

I can dig a lot of your FA signings though, Hoyer wouldn't be half bad as a stop gap. Jeffery would be a dream
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No complaints whatsoever with the front office/staff moves. Love all three.

Is Schaub a free agent? If so, don't mind adding him. But hope we give nothing up from him. Never really put much thought into acquiring him one way or the other, so I'm totally unfamiliar with his situation. But in the role you have for him, I don't mind it. I'll explain more in a bit...

There are a LOT of free agent additions, so it seems unlikely we'd add everyone. I know many are some bargain choices, and I like that quite a bit. We shouldn't build a team through free agency, but with all the holes, it doesn't hurt to fill most with small upgrades like these. Only one I just don't want anything to do with is Whitworth. I would rather address tackle in the draft for competition for Brown. We all know it's a multi-year rebuild, so even if the worst-case scenario for 2017 is a repeat of Staley/Brown/Theus, I'm okay with that.

You know my thoughts on Trubisky, but this is the one scenario where I wouldn't be complete dejected with the pick. I'll support him if he's a 49er regardless (said the same last year with Goff/Wentz), but he's a guy that will make draft day a disappointment for me. However, in this scenario - I wouldn't be thrilled, but I like the set-up - we have Hoyer/Schaub on the roster. I like the player/coach idea for Schaub (not sure of his coaching acumen, but I'll go with it for now). As I have a 2nd round grade on Trubisky right now, I see him ideally as a guy that will sit a full year and learn before getting tossed to the wolves. Hoyer/Schaub allows this, as long as there aren't multiple injuries. This also ideally gives us two years to get a solid offensive line/weapons together for Trubisky in 2018. Again, not on my top draft pick scenarios, but the only way I'll be content with Trubisky at #2.

Otherwise, I like the players in the draft I recognize. I'll know more about them later. I like the positions addressed for sure.

Incomplete grade from me, leaning positively, and assuming you'll update this a time or two in the coming months, I'll give a definitive grade then. Otherwise, you'll have to remind me.

Great write-up, either way!

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question I have is why add an older FA QB? That's not our future; the QB we draft (Trubisky in your scenario) is. All adding a "good" QB does is hurt our chances of drafting high again next year. Just thinking out loud here, but if we want our rookie QB to sit why not just play Ponder. I guess the question is - are we really trying to be good next year, or are we writing off next year as part of the re-building plan?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
One question I have is why add an older FA QB? That's not our future; the QB we draft (Trubisky in your scenario) is. All adding a "good" QB does is hurt our chances of drafting high again next year. Just thinking out loud here, but if we want our rookie QB to sit why not just play Ponder. I guess the question is - are we really trying to be good next year, or are we writing off next year as part of the re-building plan?

Well, I imagined in this scenario he had Hoyer/Schaub QBing the first year with Trubisky on the bench to learn for a season (his best bet, I feel). So that would be why you do that. Aside from that, there's currently no QB signed for 2017 on our roster, so it's more likely Shanahan would look to guys he's coached previously as the stopgaps (Schaub/Hoyer) than a guy he's never worked with (Ponder).

Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Well, I imagined in this scenario he had Hoyer/Schaub QBing the first year with Trubisky on the bench to learn for a season (his best bet, I feel). So that would be why you do that. Aside from that, there's currently no QB signed for 2017 on our roster, so it's more likely Shanahan would look to guys he's coached previously as the stopgaps (Schaub/Hoyer) than a guy he's never worked with (Ponder).

Exactly my thinking Y2. Schaub I really have no intention of ever playing and maybe Trubs is ready half way or 3/4 through the season in which case he can take over from Hoyer. This whole thinking of being bad so we remain in the top 5 or top 10 of the draft next year is ludicrous to me. It's such a losers mentatlity and sends such a terrible message to your team, fans and the league. Will we be selecting in the top 5 or top 10? More than likely, but to plan for it by starting Gabbert or Ponder is insane to me, and then you want good FAs to come here after doing that? Forget about it. Obviously I understand the state of our team and realize that we will be in the bottom 1/3 regardless of who starts at QB but to play/plan to be bad is out of the question, I would never have that sort of losers approach. That's just me though.

To answer a question you had Y2, is Schaub any kind of coach at all? I have no idea but he's the QB out there with a ton of experience in Shannahans offense and many years in the NFL, what better guy to have standing next to our rookie QB on the sideline talking him up.

With the number of FA acquisitions I don't think it's anything to crazy. 6 of them are resigning our own players, 3 of them are former Shannahan guys and of the ramaining 7 only 3 are really anything of significance being Jeffery, Perry and Leary. But I do get your point, we just have a lot of money on our hands and a team with a lot of wholes and very little talent so if I'm the GM let's bring in some fresh faces from successful football teams who might be looking for some money or a prominent role on a team. Maybe wishful thinking a tad but I do think it's possible.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Exactly my thinking Y2. Schaub I really have no intention of ever playing and maybe Trubs is ready half way or 3/4 through the season in which case he can take over from Hoyer. This whole thinking of being bad so we remain in the top 5 or top 10 of the draft next year is ludicrous to me. It's such a losers mentatlity and sends such a terrible message to your team, fans and the league. Will we be selecting in the top 5 or top 10? More than likely, but to plan for it by starting Gabbert or Ponder is insane to me, and then you want good FAs to come here after doing that? Forget about it. Obviously I understand the state of our team and realize that we will be in the bottom 1/3 regardless of who starts at QB but to play/plan to be bad is out of the question, I would never have that sort of losers approach. That's just me though.

To answer a question you had Y2, is Schaub any kind of coach at all? I have no idea but he's the QB out there with a ton of experience in Shannahans offense and many years in the NFL, what better guy to have standing next to our rookie QB on the sideline talking him up.

With the number of FA acquisitions I don't think it's anything to crazy. 6 of them are resigning our own players, 3 of them are former Shannahan guys and of the ramaining 7 only 3 are really anything of significance being Jeffery, Perry and Leary. But I do get your point, we just have a lot of money on our hands and a team with a lot of wholes and very little talent so if I'm the GM let's bring in some fresh faces from successful football teams who might be looking for some money or a prominent role on a team. Maybe wishful thinking a tad but I do think it's possible.

I love the bolded statement so unbelievably much. I always get heat for wanting to win every game, even when it seems completely contradictory to success and draft position. This past season - I knew the team was going to lose just about every game, and I was okay with every loss for getting us a higher pick we deserved, but I wanted a win no less for these exact reasons. We'll be bad enough to pick where we are, but let's set a winning mentality in the guys we DO have.

As for your other comments, I get your point on the FA, and I do want to see us spend as well (only saying there's a LOT that has to happen for all those guys to sign here - even out of just those 7 outside free agents).

G08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI, Hoyer refused to throw the ball to Alshon Jeffery... wouldn't even look his way to the point that he was wide open for a potential game winner and Hoyer never even bothered to check.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Just an FYI, Hoyer refused to throw the ball to Alshon Jeffery... wouldn't even look his way to the point that he was wide open for a potential game winner and Hoyer never even bothered to check.

What do you think - is Jeffery leaving Chicago?

Because if not, Hoyer has no receivers on this team that he can ignore and it will make a difference anyway Laughing

big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I know. I meant that we'd probably be better with Hoyer or Schaub than Ponder. Fine if we want to go from bad to mediocre for a year or two. I'm guessing we would win fewer games with Ponder and I'm fine with that since it helps build the team for the future by giving us better picks next year. Plus he'd undoubtedly be cheaper and we can use the extra money for better FAs that are young enough to stick around for a few years. The rookie QB can sit and learn behind Ponder just as well as behind Schaub and Hoyer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course any new coach is likely going to want to win as many games as possible and will want the best FA QB he can get, not somebody that's going to guarantee a high pick in the next draft. I was just speaking from my perspective. Even if we get a rookie QB this year and he looks promising and so don't want one of next year's crop, the fact that there will be good ones coming out means that if we have a high pick we ought to be able to trade it for a boatload of picks. Next year would be a great year to have a really high pick - whether we use it on a QB because we didn't get one this year, or because we trade it away for a bunch of picks that will help us rebuild more quickly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: