You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh McDaniels pulls name from 49ers HC search
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
And in a move that will make every Niners fan sigh with relief and every Seahawks fan scream in agony...

@DHendrickson41 wrote:
Just spoke with my client Tom Cable and he is reaffirming his commitment to the Seahawks. He wishes to thank the 49ers for the consideration

Looks like the Niners are going to be banking on Shanahan. If he were to turn them down... Laughing

If he turns it down:

El ramster on the sig
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
For his sake, I hope Kyle stays away and waits until next year. I can't imagine any coach having success there. That job basically requires a placeholder coach for 2-3 years before being fired and then the next coach has a chance to do something once the roster is rebuilt.

But Jed York thinks he can land that coach who can do something right away... that roster needs to be blown up.

This is kind of been why I've been following this whole matter more based on who they hire as the GM rather than who they hire as the HC. Until I see that York has the patience to stick with a HC long enough to allow them to implement a culture and system, I have no reason to believe he'll actually do it; he's dashed any benefit of the doubt he might have once had.

If they can bring in Wolf's kid, I think they've got a least a chance of managing full recovery - though it will probably still take 2-3 seasons to pull off, because they're legitimately sitting right now where the Raiders were when Reggie McKenzie first came in.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
The LBC wrote:
And in a move that will make every Niners fan sigh with relief and every Seahawks fan scream in agony...

@DHendrickson41 wrote:
Just spoke with my client Tom Cable and he is reaffirming his commitment to the Seahawks. He wishes to thank the 49ers for the consideration

Looks like the Niners are going to be banking on Shanahan. If he were to turn them down... Laughing

If he turns it down:

There's always Jeff Fisher. Twisted Evil

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Ryder Williams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Ryder Williams wrote:
I hope 49ers pick Tom Cable, he is of no help to Seahawks as a O line coach.

You can't ask a decent chef to make culinary magic with low-grade ingredients. No real idea as to why posters try to judge assistants on their ability to do this, escapes me.

But these linemen aren't low grade, they aren't undrafted. They have potential, they need a good coach to guide them. Britt is only in his 2nd year and he's doing good, Ifedi, and Fant are rookies. Gilliam is the only veteran here, and Cable hasn't done much to help the team.

Well, SEA has eight active OL and four of em were undrafted players, so I could have simply stopped reading right there.

I think our total salary for offensive linemen this year was 6M which is really low but Cable pretty much picks and chooses who he wants even trying to convert d-linemen to play which hasn't worked out.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if i like the fit for either side anyways

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, it puts the Redskins FO in a pick with regards to negotiating Kirk's new contract.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
For his sake, I hope Kyle stays away and waits until next year. I can't imagine any coach having success there. That job basically requires a placeholder coach for 2-3 years before being fired and then the next coach has a chance to do something once the roster is rebuilt.

But Jed York thinks he can land that coach who can do something right away... that roster needs to be blown up.

This is kind of been why I've been following this whole matter more based on who they hire as the GM rather than who they hire as the HC. Until I see that York has the patience to stick with a HC long enough to allow them to implement a culture and system, I have no reason to believe he'll actually do it; he's dashed any benefit of the doubt he might have once had.

If they can bring in Wolf's kid, I think they've got a least a chance of managing full recovery - though it will probably still take 2-3 seasons to pull off, because they're legitimately sitting right now where the Raiders were when Reggie McKenzie first came in.

Nail on the head right there. The most important hire will be the GM they choose and the relationship he has with Shanahan. Which I assume will be a pleasant one since I figure if/when Shanahan accepts the job he will want say on who the GM is. It's already known and pretty well documented Shanahan likes "his guys" around him. With that being said the GM and Shanahan will run this team, it's pretty widely known that York did very little with the team and let Baalke create this train wreck we call a team right now. After these two guys are hired, I assume in order to save face and not have his family shame him by stripping away almost any of the duties he has now, we will take a back seat and let these two have the time and space necessary to create their team in their vision. He really has no other option for if this last ditch effort in claiming bankruptcy and starting over isn't seen all the way through than I'm not sure how he would expect to hire a new HC or GM candidate let alone have some one agree to an interview with him.

Even with how clueless and ignorant Jed York is even he knows this can't be a team saved by going out and getting one of the hottest coaching names out there. That was again, Baalke trying to save a severed limb with a band aid and York simply nodding his head in agreeance with Baalke letting him do as he pleases, mean while Jed's wondering the whole time when he can go back to his coloring books. If it works he takes credit, if it doesn't he can maybe try again if and only if he has given them ample time to right the ship.

....then again I could be wrong as this is Jed York we are talking about and at this point nothing surprises most niner fans anymore, a sad but true fact.
Lucario

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDaniels/Kirchner 'withdrew' because there's already "wink" agreement between the 49ers and Shanahan. It's all but a done deal at this point.

Looks it's going to be a McDonough/Shanahan combo.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucario wrote:
McDaniels/Kirchner 'withdrew' because there's already "wink" agreement between the 49ers and Shanahan. It's all but a done deal at this point.

Where are you hearing McDonough? Everything seems to point to Gutekunst being the favorite.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
How about you hire a gm first and let him pick his hc, cuz, you know, theyre going to work together.....instead of trying to play match maker.....

Schefter said if Shanahan is the next HC as he is the clear favorite, he will have input on who the next GM will be.

Some other reports are linking him and Brian Gutekunst together.

The only real question is, how do the hell do you pronounce this??

Goo-teh-koon-st

It is German, gute means good. Kunst means art.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Lucario wrote:

Where are you hearing McDonough? Everything seems to point to Gutekunst being the favorite.

Shanahan is McDonough's #1 choice and vice versa. The second interview between the 49ers and Shanahan is likely to decide and get Kyle's input as to who should be the GM...and he'll most likely say McDonough.

Just a guess on my part, nothing confirmed or substantiated. I think they'll end up going this route.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

This.

McDaniels, based on everything thats come to light, was possibly one of the worst head coaches ever in his first tenure as HC in the NFL. Obviously, he could POSSIBLY have more success his second time around, but I would never trust him to rebuild the 49ers and have a good relationship with the 49ers idiot owner.

McDaniels IMO has no business really being a HC. He has never really shown anything without Brady and Belichick making him look better than he really is. Im not saying he is a bad OC....but I dont believe he is a mastermind either.

As for the 49ers....I feel bad for their fans. I dont know if that team will rebound anytime soon, and Jed York is largely to blame. IMO, he needs to find a GM that knows football, and basically put them in charge of everything....from hiring a coach to all personnel decisions....and just stay the hell out of the way. Unfortunately, he doesnt seem smart enough to do that, and I think he will continue to make terrible decisions and just get in the way of the 49ers rebuilding process. For the sake of their fans, I hope I am wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers and Kyle just spell disaster with his attitude imo

they need a more established coach with the situation they have going on there and I'm not just saying this because I'm a falcons fan and will miss him. Just do not think he is ready but I wish him luck.

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle as coach and Mike as GM? Laughing That ship would sink in the harbor.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

This.

McDaniels, based on everything thats come to light, was possibly one of the worst head coaches ever in his first tenure as HC in the NFL. Obviously, he could POSSIBLY have more success his second time around, but I would never trust him to rebuild the 49ers and have a good relationship with the 49ers idiot owner.

McDaniels IMO has no business really being a HC. He has never really shown anything without Brady and Belichick making him look better than he really is. Im not saying he is a bad OC....but I dont believe he is a mastermind either.

As for the 49ers....I feel bad for their fans. I dont know if that team will rebound anytime soon, and Jed York is largely to blame. IMO, he needs to find a GM that knows football, and basically put them in charge of everything....from hiring a coach to all personnel decisions....and just stay the hell out of the way. Unfortunately, he doesnt seem smart enough to do that, and I think he will continue to make terrible decisions and just get in the way of the 49ers rebuilding process. For the sake of their fans, I hope I am wrong.

But we're signing Shanahan not McDaniels.

El ramster on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: