Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tony Romo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Hahahaha
Which team is dumber than Houston?
That wld be Cleveland. Willing to take on Brock's salary. Second dumbest team? Texans willing to take on Romo's salary. LOL

Ok the Romo issue is dead. We can now focus on our Lines and QB competition/development in camp.

CLE isn't doing it because they want Os.

They have 100m to spend and must spend a bunch of that or it goes to the NFL (there's a min floor to the cap for a 4-year period IIRC). So they turned $ they couldn't attract FA to use it all and got a 2nd found pick in a loaded draft.

Plus if they play Os and go 2-14 they get 1.1 or 1.2 and get a true elite QB prospect in Sam Darnold or the Rosen kid. They aren't going anywhere this year or next but long term if they embrace the tank it could have then completely turned around by 2019. And 2018 with a marquee QB. At rookie prices.

CLE's FO was brilliant - if they didn't hit the floor the $ goes back to the NFL. This was BRILLIANT.

It also saved Elway from making a huge mistake. So we should put the Browns FO in our Christmas Card list.

Last edited by Broncofan on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
champ11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
damn I kinda love the Browns right now. NFL FO are too rigid. Got to free yourself from mental slavery!!!!!

These baseball GM's running the browns turned up the hot stove

someone being progressive in any way or form in the NFL just blowing my mind bro

team rammy

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Hahahaha
That wld be Cleveland. Willing to take on Brock's salary. Second dumbest team? Texans willing to take on Romo's salary. LOL

Ok the Romo issue is dead. We can now focus on our Lines and QB competition/development in camp.

They have 100m to spend and must spend a bunch of that or it goes to the NFL. So they turned $ they couldn't attract FA to use it all and got a 2nd found pick in a loaded draft.

CLE's FO was brilliant - if they didn't hit the floor the $ goes back to the NFL. This was BRILLIANT.

It also saved Elway from making a huge mistake. So we should put the Browns FO in our Christmas Card list.

The Browns again, save our A$$. God, I have loved the Browns since 1986.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at anyone saying CLE isn't anything but brilliant by making this move.

Get to the cap floor, get a free R2 pick. Win-Win.

Also, we thought Osweiler's confidence took a hit when he was pulled in that San Diego game. What about being the first QB that was paired with picks to LEAVE. He must be nose deep in a 1.5L of jack.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo posted a video (with Bob Dylan singing "the times they are a-changin'" in background)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRbnrmUB-V1/

The Cowboys have not yet released Romo.

Last edited by bobdevine on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy that CLE saved us a season wasted on Romo.

Get him to the Texans already before Elway and his old QB fetish set us back a season.
champ11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:

Get him to the Texans already before Elway and his old QB fetish set us back a season.

Texans could be really really good with Romo. Certainly a possibility

team rammy

mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Hahahaha

They have 100m to spend and must spend a bunch of that or it goes to the NFL (there's a min floor to the cap for a 3-year period IIRC). So they turned $ they couldn't attract FA to use it all and got a 2nd found pick in a loaded draft.

Plus if they play Os and go 2-14 they get 1.1 or 1.2 and get a truedkite QB prospect in Sam Darnold or the Rosen kid. They aren't going anywhere this year or next but long term if they embrace the tank it could have then completely turned around by 2019. And 2018 with a marquee QB. At rookie prices.

Wrong that it saved Elway. Broncos were only going after Romo on the discount route. Basically if there were no where else he really wanted to go and with Denver being his #1 choice then Denver wld be interested becos it wld immediately boost our super bowl chances.
This is why the Texans are doing it. Difference is Texans are dumb enough to pay huge dollars for such a risky investment.
And no, aside from getting a 2nd pick, I dnt applaud Browns. There are better ways to spend 16 million in this market without having to spend it on Brock whether you want him or not.

Last edited by mke1010 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

Until Romo sneezes and throws his backout.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I have never liked Tony nor have I ever seen him as part of that 1st tier. To me he has always been in that Carson Palmer second tier.

I have confidence that Siemian will post better stats and QBR than Romo this season.
champ11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

I have never liked Tony nor have I ever seen him as part of that 1st tier. To me he has always been in that Carson Palmer second tier.

I have confidence that Siemian will post better stats and QBR than Romo this season.

ok

team rammy

Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Hahahaha

They have 100m to spend and must spend a bunch of that or it goes to the NFL (there's a min floor to the cap for a 3-year period IIRC). So they turned $ they couldn't attract FA to use it all and got a 2nd found pick in a loaded draft.

Plus if they play Os and go 2-14 they get 1.1 or 1.2 and get a truedkite QB prospect in Sam Darnold or the Rosen kid. They aren't going anywhere this year or next but long term if they embrace the tank it could have then completely turned around by 2019. And 2018 with a marquee QB. At rookie prices.

Wrong that it saved Elway. Broncos were only going after Romo on the discount route. Basically if there were no where else he really wanted to go and with Denver being his #1 choice then Denver wld be interested becos it wld immediately boost our super bowl chances.
This is why the Texans are doing it. Difference is Texans are dumb enough to pay huge dollars for such a risky investment.
And no, aside from getting a 2nd pick, I dnt applaud Browns. There are better ways to spend 16 million in this market without having to spend it on Brock whether you want him or not.

A 2nd round pick in this draft is infinitely more helpful to a rebuilder than 1-2, 3 more guys paid 16m who aren't actually worth that long term. Those 2-3 guys are older and the likelihood they help in 2019 when CLE realistically looks to contend is way lower. Remember if they were great assets a bottom 3 team wouldn't be winning the bid for their services. That's a huge reason why bottom 5 teams have so much cap space. CLE JAX TEN were bottom 5 teams 3 and 2 years ago. No one wanted to play there if given a choice. Ten is breaking through but their 2 years of suckage was a big reason that created the cap excess. CLE is still there.

The Browns aren't going to make the playoffs. Even next year unlikely with their talent gap. They will lose any money that doesn't make the floor. But instead they should overpay for FA guys who likely don't even play in 2018 let alone 2019 to make it to the floor? Rather than use money on guys who don't change their 2017 fate they got a top 55 pick in a draft that's loaded 70+ deep. And at min wage for 2017-2020. As a rebuilder that's a dream scenario. But somehow they are dumb? Listen to yourself.

It's not even a debate. The Browns are being hailed for creative thinking. As they should. If you think they are stupid you don't see the problem bottom 5 teams face in meeting the floor and still getting guys that might still be there when they are better. FA rarely does it for those teams. The draft does. Using cap excess they might be losing is brilliant with no hope for contention in 2017-18.

Last edited by Broncofan on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns are already trying to trade Osweiler. They are seeking a mid-round pick.

Jeez, this is like flipping houses...
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Browns are already trying to trade Osweiler. They are seeking a mid-round pick.

Jeez, this is like flipping houses...

He's more likely getting cut. He's served the Browns' purpose. I wondered if the Browns were going to go full on tank for 1.1 or 1.2 and get the top 2 QB next year. But this is even more fitting lol.

Last edited by Broncofan on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

ok

That's a little harsh. In his peak he carried a talent-wise 4-6W team to 8-10 W seasons on his own. But obv I completely agree he was doomed to fail in Den. The injury risk & our need to address OL and run D more, etc etc.

I agree champ that his chances of success are way better in Hou. Better OL better RB and the coaches aren't turning over. Their D is legit even with the loss of Bouye. O'Brien is a jerk but Romo is a pro. And unlike us they literally have no options. So I wish him well in Hou. Unless we have to play him. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: