Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No new coaches yet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: No new coaches yet Reply with quote

So we haven't replaced any of our coaches yet.

Several teams have already hired head coaches, GM's etc... and the Saints are sitting.

One can only assume that the coaches they are pining for are currently on teams that are still playing, right?

The remaining teams have pretty good defenses and special teams, so that has me hopeful that we're looking into some real talent. What doesn't have me hopeful is that all the remaining teams (other than KC and kind of Dallas) have elite QB's and/or really good offenses. So who are we looking at?

Just a though, but some of you have your ear on the beat, so let us all know who you think it'll be, and why.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: No new coaches yet Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
So we haven't replaced any of our coaches yet.

Several teams have already hired head coaches, GM's etc... and the Saints are sitting.

One can only assume that the coaches they are pining for are currently on teams that are still playing, right?

The remaining teams have pretty good defenses and special teams, so that has me hopeful that we're looking into some real talent. What doesn't have me hopeful is that all the remaining teams (other than KC and kind of Dallas) have elite QB's and/or really good offenses. So who are we looking at?

Just a though, but some of you have your ear on the beat, so let us all know who you think it'll be, and why.

Saints will wait till around the Senior bowl to hire most likely.

My best guess...

LB coach: Jason Tarver current 49ers Outside LB coach. Was Allen's DC in Oakland and was the 49ers LB coach from 05-10.

DL coach: Brian Young gets promoted.

ST coach: Kevin O'dea gets assistant tag removed.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/17/saints-expected-to-interview-49ers-special-teams-coach/

Quote:
The Saints are beginning the process of filling some coaching vacancies.

According to Nick Underhill of the New Orleans Advocate, the Saints are expected to interview former 49ers special teams coach Derius Swinton.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/17/saints-expected-to-interview-49ers-special-teams-coach/

Quote:
The Saints are beginning the process of filling some coaching vacancies.

According to Nick Underhill of the New Orleans Advocate, the Saints are expected to interview former 49ers special teams coach Derius Swinton.

Kinda shocked... hopefully as an assistant ST coach under O'dea but maybe O'dea prefers the special assistant gig.

WHODAT91FOREVER
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Tomsula interviewed with the Saints today for D-Line position... LORD HAVE MERCY SEAN DONT SCREW THIS UP!!!

WHODAT91FOREVER
saintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Jim Tomsula interviewed with the Saints today for D-Line position... LORD HAVE MERCY SEAN DONT SCREW THIS UP!!!

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/saints-jim-tomsula-defensive-line-coach-49ers-career-record-update/1vhbfyai8493g1389q9iwm8dqu Sad

EDIT: I thought that last line meant Tomsula signed with the Rams...but it was our ex, Bill, who did Dancing Applause

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 69 catches 831 yards 7 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 4 PD
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also came to post about Tomsula. If he is hired I'll officially start leading the hype train for next season. Laughing God, him working with Rankins makes me salivate. Might get to work with a rookie Solomon Thomas too!

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I also came to post about Tomsula. If he is hired I'll officially start leading the hype train for next season. Laughing God, him working with Rankins makes me salivate. Might get to work with a rookie Solomon Thomas too!

Like always... Payton couldn't get it right, drug his feet and allowed Tomsula to be hired by Washington.

WHODAT91FOREVER
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Like always... Payton couldn't get it right, drug his feet and allowed Tomsula to be hired by Washington.
Took the wind out of my sails. Who is left? Anyone promising or is this just gonna be another year of the Payton show?
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Took the wind out of my sails. Who is left? Anyone promising or is this just gonna be another year of the Payton show?

Pepper Johnson was fairly highly thought of when he worked with the Patriots. Got fired by the Jets this offseason.

I'm pretty bummed about Tomsula though. Had a chance at a top D-line coach and we missed out.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Pepper Johnson was fairly highly thought of when he worked with the Patriots. Got fired by the Jets this offseason.

I'm pretty bummed about Tomsula though. Had a chance at a top D-line coach and we missed out.

Tomsula has a track record of undermining the head coach... highly doubted he'd be Payton's pick. Starting to believe that ALL coaching firings were demanded from above Payton's pay grade. Payton clearly tried to get out of town before he was forced to fire his buddies. Most good position coaches realize what's up here and know it's not a stable long term situation. Tomsula ended up with people he was comfortable with and worked with in the past... everyone knows Payton is in a make or break year and win or lose could be out of town by next year.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys love your rumors.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new coaches yet but Saints about to lose a good one... Jets plan to hire Saints WR coach for OC.

Good for him!

WHODAT91FOREVER
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
No new coaches yet but Saints about to lose a good one... Jets plan to hire Saints WR coach for OC.

Good for him!

I'm pretty excited about him.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . GEORGIA STATE .
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Nolan hired as LB coach... good hire, wealth of knowledge with a no nonsense approach.

Bears mutually part ways with WR coach Curtis Johnson... Wink

WHODAT91FOREVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: