Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders will file relocation papers; 1/30-Investor pulls out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piquel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
Mark Davis has no money, he has no pull. He needs help. Its looking like his options are just stay put in Oakland, go to Santa Clara or sell the team.

Didn't he inherit Al's cash when his old man passed away? Or did Al give him the team but none of the cash, which would be a bizarre move?

Al Davis wasn't rich either. He kinda snaked control out from under the majority partners, and spent most of his "cash" to buy majority control.

Quote:
In 1972, while managing general partner Valley was attending the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, Davis drafted a revised partnership agreement that made him the new managing general partner, with near-absolute control over team operations.[41] McGah signed the agreement. Since two of the team's three general partners had voted in favor of the agreement, it was binding under California partnership law of the time. Valley sued to overturn the agreement once he returned to the country, but was unsuccessful. Valley sold his interest in 1976, and from that point onward none of the other partners had any role in the team's operations.[41] This was despite the fact that Davis did not acquire a majority interest in the Raiders until 2005, when he bought the shares held by McGah's family. At his death he owned approximately 67% of the team.

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So San Diego wants the Raiders. Hmmm. I don't know how I'd feel about that. On one hand we'd stay in Cali, play in one of them nicest cities in America, and get out of Oaklands crap stadium. But on the other it's the old Chargers ground. Sure there are more Raider fans there than Chargers, but stilll. It'd be weird.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
So San Diego wants the Raiders. Hmmm. I don't know how I'd feel about that. On one hand we'd stay in Cali, play in one of them nicest cities in America, and get out of Oaklands crap stadium. But on the other it's the old Chargers ground. Sure there are more Raider fans there than Chargers, but stilll. It'd be weird.

That would be an excellent screw you to the Chargers. So many San Diego Charger fans would defect to Oakland, as a double benefit of supporting the (now) local team and giving the middle finger to the (old) local team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel this is still going to end up happening.

Nacho Simulation Football League
DigInBoys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark should just save himself $700 million in relocation/construction fees and move into Levis.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
what did mark do for a living? did he just mooch of mom and pop?

From his Wikipedia page:
Quote:
Prior to owning the team Davis was involved in the retail part of the Raider's business where he helped develop the organization's Raider Image stores. He also spent time in the Raiders equipment department where he developed the muff-style hand warmer for football. In 1980, Davis then age 25 represented Raiders player Cliff Branch in contract negotiations with the team and his father Al which resulted in a deal that included an annuity that still today pays Branch and got Mark kicked out of his father's house for being too close to the players. He later lived with Branch when the team moved to Los Angeles.
Laughing

He really is Tommy Boy.
I back my talk up in person
Go play in traffic and tear both your acl's punk
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hes definitely a virgin
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Mark screwed the pooch, didn't want to believe it to be possible but it appears he inherited his old mans way of doing business when it comes to stadium projects, how dumb is he for not knowing Adelson had strong ties with Goldman Sachs or the blind arrogance that they wouldn't mind or care that he used Adelson to maneuver himself so GS would take over or at least he thought. Well Mark I guess that Ronnie Lott offer isn't looking so bad now is it? Laughing
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

That would be an excellent screw you to the Chargers. So many San Diego Charger fans would defect to Oakland, as a double benefit of supporting the (now) local team and giving the middle finger to the (old) local team.

This would be my thinking. It certainly helps that the Raiders are a good young team so it would be easy to buy into and it would be giving the middle finger to the Spanos family. I'd love it if the Raiders were in SD.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Back to square 1 where do the funds come for a new stadium.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to be in San Diego, nicest city in America imo. San Diego already has the best baseball stadium, adding the best football stadium would make the city appearance even more nice. Still though, Oakland and Vegas are still my top choices before San Diego. Maybe Mark can explore this Ronnie Lott option.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a big game of stadiums really and that's why St Louis might make sense, at the moment I'd say the running goes:

1. Las Vegas - Assuming they can get GS and Adelson back on their side

2. Santa Clara - Seems the city officials are open to a two-team solution in Levi's stadium, plus they could still call themselves the Oakland Raiders.

3. St Louis - Edward Jones dome is still usable for quite a few years and the city has indicated it would be willing to help build a new stadium

4. Oakland - Not looking like it wants to build a new stadium but it gets a bump over SD purely as it's the status quo

5. San Diego - Seems unlikely to build a new stadium

6. San Antonio - Surely Jerry Jones would block this

7. Chicago - Probably the next city in the line to get a 2nd team, the Bears could use a new stadium and may wish to pair with another team, but this is approaching cloud cuckoo land at this point.

Fify.
footbull3196

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Vikings fan first and a Raiders fan second, this is not what I wanted to hear, but at the very least, it's tolerable. If they moved to San Antonio, I flat out wouldn't support the team anymore. The Raiders truly belong in California, but Vegas is close enough to salvage

That being said, I'm a little concerned with the team staying in Oakland the next 2 seasons. We've already seen this happen with the Oilers when they were about to move out of Houston, and that ended so badly that the team moved out of Houston a year early
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
daineraider wrote:
UtahUtesFan wrote:
Nice job looks like Vegas might not be happening.

?

Runor is GS is pulling out to. Probably doesn't wanna jeopardize his relationship with Adelson.

Plz be true.

Why? I understand some fans want us to keep playing at he coliseum but that is a selfish motive on their part. It's a complete dump and we have to address this stadium situation that Oakland refuses to be apart of.

I would LOVE to stay in Oakland. But the coliseum is not a long term option and any fan who thinks so is just being selfish.

Because i dont care about the asthetics of a stadium and im a fan of oakland and the bay area and not a team based out of vegas. And i love going to games at the coli

Oakland doesnt refuse to be a part of anything. Mark needs a sugar daddy and Oakland doesnt want to give mark a retarded amount of $$$. Vegas did and he ran for it and didnt/hasnt looked back. This whole situation is a joke because mark is too broke to put up good $$$. And now it looks like he po'd the guy who runs vegas....they still might go, idk and at this point i burned out

Agreed. Always enjoy going to O.Co because of the fans and atmosphere. Couldn't care less about the stadium aesthetic.

Exactly! It's a Oakland thing. A lot of you guys won't get it.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
daineraider wrote:
UtahUtesFan wrote:
Nice job looks like Vegas might not be happening.

?

Runor is GS is pulling out to. Probably doesn't wanna jeopardize his relationship with Adelson.

Plz be true.

Why? I understand some fans want us to keep playing at he coliseum but that is a selfish motive on their part. It's a complete dump and we have to address this stadium situation that Oakland refuses to be apart of.

I would LOVE to stay in Oakland. But the coliseum is not a long term option and any fan who thinks so is just being selfish.

Because i dont care about the asthetics of a stadium and im a fan of oakland and the bay area and not a team based out of vegas. And i love going to games at the coli

Oakland doesnt refuse to be a part of anything. Mark needs a sugar daddy and Oakland doesnt want to give mark a retarded amount of $$$. Vegas did and he ran for it and didnt/hasnt looked back. This whole situation is a joke because mark is too broke to put up good $$$. And now it looks like he po'd the guy who runs vegas....they still might go, idk and at this point i burned out

Agreed. Always enjoy going to O.Co because of the fans and atmosphere. Couldn't care less about the stadium aesthetic.

Exactly! It's a Oakland thing. A lot of you guys won't get it.

It's an infield thing too, however the A's look to be getting a new park now more than ever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: