Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Overrated VS Underrated Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of guys in his list aren't declaring...
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Bunch of guys in his list aren't declaring...

Come on CalhounLambeau....lol. That's your input in the whole thing. Draft declarations are on-going and only two that I know of on the list are returning: Godwin Igwebuike and Mike Mglinchy. A "bunch." Define "bunch." Mglinchy has been hyped by mock draft pundits so he's an interesting one on the list even still. The list was compiled at the end of the season after I got done evaluating players. Are there others I'm missing? I checked and most are seniors.

Also, the general point of the thread was to get discussion going to hopefully unearth the less heralded players or underrated players that people all over the country have seen resulting in better understanding of the 2017 talent pool.

Furthermore, we're all hearing names come up in mock drafts that seem to just be crazy given what we've seen on the field. It would be great to get a sense of who those people are according to a wide variety of opinions.

Mock drafts, player rankings, and scouting pundits have been hyping players for a while. Just b/c some guys previously thought to enter the draft are returning, doesn't mean that they weren't underrated or overrated at some point in the draft season hysteria.
2017 Draft Pro-Bowlers: Shaquill Griffin CB, Chidobe Awuzie CB, Antonio Garcia LT, Avery Gennesy OL, Vincent Taylor DT, Cole Hikutini TE, Godwin Igwebuike FS, Donnie Miles SS, Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Kai Nacua FS, Ahkello Witherspoon CB

Last edited by Mind Character on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
.Come on CalhounLambeau....lol. That's your input in the whole thing.

3. Donnie Miles SS UNC--top 40 skill--Best run playmaker in the draft.

4-JR who hasn't declared, make a note next to him too.

I just don't want people to be confused is all.

I appreciate the post, no doubt.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
.Come on CalhounLambeau....lol. That's your input in the whole thing.

3. Donnie Miles SS UNC--top 40 skill--Best run playmaker in the draft.

4-JR who hasn't declared, make a note next to him too.

I just don't want people to be confused is all.

I appreciate the post, no doubt.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know Donnie hadn't declared. I'll note that.
2017 Draft Pro-Bowlers: Shaquill Griffin CB, Chidobe Awuzie CB, Antonio Garcia LT, Avery Gennesy OL, Vincent Taylor DT, Cole Hikutini TE, Godwin Igwebuike FS, Donnie Miles SS, Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Kai Nacua FS, Ahkello Witherspoon CB
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indigo_rex wrote:
DeMarcus Walker is not a particularly good athlete, but his effort level is what you want. He ran a 5.04 in high school. He will likely improve on that number, but it'd be a minor miracle to see him get it under 4.8. His agility doesn't look like a major strength, and he's unlikely to break 35" in the vert (only a 31" vert in high school).

Thanks a lot, indigo. Didn't know he was such a limited athlete as it relates to testing. Lack of dynamic movement could have been a factor in my evaluation of perceived lethargy and lack of urgency in his play. I scouted vernon gholston at ohio state heavily when he came out and thought his production did not match his play spirit and would be difficult to translate to the nfl game. Saw a lot of that in Walker's game.

Since you know about his background and seem to think his energy level is good (of course I disagree)....do you really think his game and production translates to the nfl? If so, why (what factors in his game are you focusing on)?
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thread man, appreciate the effort.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write up overall, not sure I agree with all of them but some I do.

1. Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson - 5th-7th round prospect.
Not sure how he is overrated, I have like 23 corners ranked ahead of him. Sure he had some hype but not sure that many expected him to be a 1st round guy or something, I did not.

2. Demarcus Walker DE FSU - 3rd round.
I do not see the Vernon Gholston comparison and I would be pretty surprised to see Walker put up those kind of numbers at the combine. Walker's ability to play DT on pass rush situations is pretty special, Gholston could not do that and clearly did not translate well to the 3/4 OLB position when he was more of a DE in college not so much a linebacker. Walker to me wins with effort and his ability to use his hands and power, not straight speed like Gholston did a lot.

1. Patrick Mahomes 4th Round Prospect--
I agree, not a fan of his and I feel he is quite overrated especially if someone thinks he is a 1st round guy. Makes some good throws but his accuracy is pretty terrible as are his mechanics.

2. Deshaun Watson 3rd-4th Round Prospect
I do not see that, kid proved he was a tough QB that could win with his arm against Alabama despite getting absolutely crushed in the pocket. He has progressed a great deal as a QB throwing the ball and like I have said before if Dak can succeed so can Deshaun. Sure he is a good running QB but that is not his best ability, nice thing to have though.

3. Montravius Adams - 4th Round prospect-.
1st rounder, at times has played like one but most likely will be a 2nd round pick with the other talent at the DL position. I like him a lot potentially as a 3/4 DE, has improved a lot over the years I feel and has become a consistent inside pass rusher and potentially valuable large DE with good length. So that inside out combo makes him pretty interesting I feel.

4. Ryan Ramczyk Wisconsin- 2nd round prospect:
I agree, not a huge fan of his but I guess he is smart, come out while he is an interesting prospect. Also comes out in a year were not many OTs outside of one have really played great football and separated themselves from the pack. Ok player but not some super star tackle I feel.

8. Roderick Johnson OT FSU - 3rd-4th Round Prospect
I agree he is a little overrated if one talks of him as a high 1st round pick. Like him in the run game but like you said gets beat in pass protection way too often. Could move into guard but might be a little skinny for that will see. Still will be a 2nd round pick with his upside.

1. Zach Cunningham LB Vandy-2nd rounder.
His upside is huge but did have a poor end to his season with a suspect bowl game. Still his ability to play in space is extremely interesting and with a good combine should be a 1st round pick.

2. Mitch Trubisky QB UNC - 2nd-3rd Round prospect .
I was not a fan of his early on either, but the kid can throw the football and do it very accurately. He will be a 1st round pick and at worst 2nd round guy. Would have been a higher pick coming back but not by much. Has nice ability to create and make plays but I agree will be a development guy at least for the 1st year. Might get some action but should not be expected to start day one all season.

4. Marlon Humphreys- CB Alabama 2nd rounder-film.
I agree is overrated, not a good idea for him to come out. Got consistently beat this year and did not show up as a tackler as much as he did the year before. On deep passes his ball skills are lacking. Like his size and ability to tackle but he needs some more. Still would be a steal in the 2nd round which is where he will most likely be drafted. Too many other good corners ahead of him that will go in the 1st.

2. Shaquill Griffin CB UCF--top 15 skill:
Watching UCF, Shaquem Griffin stood out more and arguably made more of an impact than his brother Shaquill. Undersized linebacker but was crazy productive in pass rush situations Not to mention he is an amazing story and only has one hand. His brother I will have to watch more though but Marcus Peters is pretty high praise, kid was a 1st rounder from the get go on Washington as a freshman and still was a 1st rounder despite being kicked off the team his junior year.

3. David Sharpe OT Florida--top 60 skill:
He is good but I liked him a lot more before the season started, I do not feel he had a great year this season. Had very high expectations for him to start the year and did not live up to them. Needs to get more push considering his massive size. Like his balance but needs to be more nasty out there and aggressive.

3. Donnie Miles SS UNC--top 40 skill (Undeclared 4th yr. Junior)
I do not see that in him at all, I would take a good number of safeties in terms of their run defense and tackling over him. There are more than just Jamal Adams that would be ahead of Miles as a safety I feel.

5.Avery Gennesy OT TAMU--top 25 skill
He is solid and got to love that versatility but he got beat more than once this year in pass protection. Was their best OL on the team for sure but not sure how elite he will be at the next level.

6. Dalvin Tomlinson NT Alabama--Top 58 skill:
Payne was more of a NT for Alabama and Tomlinson is more of a 3/4 DE in my book. Nice player and for that 3/4 DE spot is one of the best in the draft for sure.

10. Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas--Top 35 skill:
I like him a lot as well, but will have to pay for his stupid mistake before the bowl game. Possibly could drop him out of the 2nd round just because of that. Probably the second best all around TE in the draft as a blocker and pass catcher with size.

11.Cole Hikutini TE Louisville-Top 60 skill:.
I agree, awesome route runner and has nice size. Very surprising how clean he runs his routes at that size. Great upside and potential down the road.

12. DeAngelo Yancey WR Purdue--Top 50 skill
Not sure he is top 50 skill, I like his size and hands as well but I would not say he is a great route runner. Do not like his top end speed either but does have some nice toughness and ability to break tackles and run after the catch. However could completely argue there are 25-30 WRs better than him in the up coming draft. Hope for his sake he runs a great 40.

12. John Johnson S Boston College--Top 55 skill:.
I like him too, has corner skills and can play legit safety. Nice overall athlete and potential.

13. Forrest Lamp LT/RT WKU--Top 15 skill:
I like him as well, should possibly be a 1st round pick with his skills and versatility for sure.

14.Alvin Kamara --Top 15 skill RB Tennessee
There are a lot of good multi purpose backs in this draft, Kamara is one of them but not sure about top 15 skill I feel. Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Joe Mixon, Curtis Samuel, Jeremy McNichols, Donnel Pumphrey, Elijah McGuire, Wayne Gallman and Anthony Wales all can catch the ball really well at times. All of these guys are good multipurpose backs out of the backfield. Kamara is maybe in the middle of that group but is not where close to the top I feel.

16.Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado, Top 15 skill:
I like him but his last two games were kind of rough, got beat a few times and wish he was more physical like he was early in the year. I think safety might be the best spot for him, there are multiple corners faster than him and better in deep man to man coverage skills. Could be an elite safety though.

17. Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado, Top 50 skill:
I agree, I like him a lot and he really has good ball skills and uses his length well.
gohogs14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how reliable Saturday Down South is but they had some interesting quotes from some scouts and players at the Shrine Game about SEC guys and what they thought about them:

Underrated- Ralph Webb, Tre'Davious White, Drew Morgan, Kam Pettway

Overrated- Chad Kelly, Josh Reynolds, Antonio Calloway

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/shrine-game-anonymous-poll-secs-best-worst-players-coaches-2016/
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

underrated:

Derek Rivers - Edge - YSU
Avery Moss - DE - YSU
Julie'n Davenport - OT - Bucknell
Dion Dawkins - OT - Temple
Keionta Davis - DE - UTChattanooga
Obi Melifonwu - S - UCONN
Ike Rochell - DE/DT - Notre Dame

Huge Derek Rivers fan, also in terms of overrated, I see a lot of Shaun Rogers in Montravius Adams, its either all or nothing with him
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:

Not sure how he is overrated, I have like 23 corners ranked ahead of him. Sure he had some hype but not sure that many expected him to be a 1st round guy or something, I did not.

Mel Kiper has him in his 1st round.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
underrated:

Avery Moss - DE - YSU

Huge Derek Rivers fan, also in terms of overrated, I see a lot of Shaun Rogers in Montravius Adams, its either all or nothing with him
Rivers is going to surprise a lot of people. He can beat you off the edge with speed, and he's working on a good spin move to counter.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
indigo_rex wrote:
DeMarcus Walker is not a particularly good athlete, but his effort level is what you want. He ran a 5.04 in high school. He will likely improve on that number, but it'd be a minor miracle to see him get it under 4.8. His agility doesn't look like a major strength, and he's unlikely to break 35" in the vert (only a 31" vert in high school).

Thanks a lot, indigo. Didn't know he was such a limited athlete as it relates to testing. Lack of dynamic movement could have been a factor in my evaluation of perceived lethargy and lack of urgency in his play. I scouted vernon gholston at ohio state heavily when he came out and thought his production did not match his play spirit and would be difficult to translate to the nfl game. Saw a lot of that in Walker's game.

Since you know about his background and seem to think his energy level is good (of course I disagree)....do you really think his game and production translates to the nfl? If so, why (what factors in his game are you focusing on)?

I'd wait to see what he does at the Combine before making definitive statements about how his production will translate, but right now, I would have to say no, it will not. If his arms are long enough, and he's able to bulk up a little, he'd probably be best as a 5-tech in a 1-gapping odd front. He was most disruptive when he kicked inside at FSU.
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underrated: Deatrich Wise Jr. DE Arkansas

Watch his film. He will translate into the Pro game very well.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Mind Character

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
It's a good thread man, appreciate the effort.

Thanks, gfw. I'm excited to see others' opinions on their underrated and overrated players.

Ozzy wrote:
Nice write up overall, not sure I agree with all of them but some I do.

2. Demarcus Walker DE FSU - 3rd round.
I do not see the Vernon Gholston comparison and I would be pretty surprised to see Walker put up those kind of numbers at the combine. Walker's ability to play DT on pass rush situations is pretty special, Gholston could not do that and clearly did not translate well to the 3/4 OLB position when he was more of a DE in college not so much a linebacker. Walker to me wins with effort and his ability to use his hands and power, not straight speed like Gholston did a lot.

1. Patrick Mahomes 4th Round Prospect--
I agree, not a fan of his and I feel he is quite overrated especially if someone thinks he is a 1st round guy. Makes some good throws but his accuracy is pretty terrible as are his mechanics.

2. Deshaun Watson 3rd-4th Round Prospect
I do not see that, kid proved he was a tough QB that could win with his arm against Alabama despite getting absolutely crushed in the pocket. He has progressed a great deal as a QB throwing the ball and like I have said before if Dak can succeed so can Deshaun. Sure he is a good running QB but that is not his best ability, nice thing to have though.

3. Montravius Adams - 4th Round prospect-.
1st rounder, at times has played like one but most likely will be a 2nd round pick with the other talent at the DL position. I like him a lot potentially as a 3/4 DE, has improved a lot over the years I feel and has become a consistent inside pass rusher and potentially valuable large DE with good length. So that inside out combo makes him pretty interesting I feel.

4. Ryan Ramczyk Wisconsin- 2nd round prospect:
I agree, not a huge fan of his but I guess he is smart, come out while he is an interesting prospect. Also comes out in a year were not many OTs outside of one have really played great football and separated themselves from the pack. Ok player but not some super star tackle I feel.

8. Roderick Johnson OT FSU - 3rd-4th Round Prospect
I agree he is a little overrated if one talks of him as a high 1st round pick. Like him in the run game but like you said gets beat in pass protection way too often. Could move into guard but might be a little skinny for that will see. Still will be a 2nd round pick with his upside.

1. Zach Cunningham LB Vandy-2nd rounder.
His upside is huge but did have a poor end to his season with a suspect bowl game. Still his ability to play in space is extremely interesting and with a good combine should be a 1st round pick.

2. Mitch Trubisky QB UNC - 2nd-3rd Round prospect .
I was not a fan of his early on either, but the kid can throw the football and do it very accurately. He will be a 1st round pick and at worst 2nd round guy. Would have been a higher pick coming back but not by much. Has nice ability to create and make plays but I agree will be a development guy at least for the 1st year. Might get some action but should not be expected to start day one all season.

4. Marlon Humphreys- CB Alabama 2nd rounder-film.
I agree is overrated, not a good idea for him to come out. Got consistently beat this year and did not show up as a tackler as much as he did the year before. On deep passes his ball skills are lacking. Like his size and ability to tackle but he needs some more. Still would be a steal in the 2nd round which is where he will most likely be drafted. Too many other good corners ahead of him that will go in the 1st.

2. Shaquill Griffin CB UCF--top 15 skill:
Watching UCF, Shaquem Griffin stood out more and arguably made more of an impact than his brother Shaquill. Undersized linebacker but was crazy productive in pass rush situations Not to mention he is an amazing story and only has one hand. His brother I will have to watch more though but Marcus Peters is pretty high praise, kid was a 1st rounder from the get go on Washington as a freshman and still was a 1st rounder despite being kicked off the team his junior year.

3. David Sharpe OT Florida--top 60 skill:
He is good but I liked him a lot more before the season started, I do not feel he had a great year this season. Had very high expectations for him to start the year and did not live up to them. Needs to get more push considering his massive size. Like his balance but needs to be more nasty out there and aggressive.

3. Donnie Miles SS UNC--top 40 skill (Undeclared 4th yr. Junior)
I do not see that in him at all, I would take a good number of safeties in terms of their run defense and tackling over him. There are more than just Jamal Adams that would be ahead of Miles as a safety I feel.

5.Avery Gennesy OT TAMU--top 25 skill
He is solid and got to love that versatility but he got beat more than once this year in pass protection. Was their best OL on the team for sure but not sure how elite he will be at the next level.

6. Dalvin Tomlinson NT Alabama--Top 58 skill:
Payne was more of a NT for Alabama and Tomlinson is more of a 3/4 DE in my book. Nice player and for that 3/4 DE spot is one of the best in the draft for sure.

10. Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas--Top 35 skill:
I like him a lot as well, but will have to pay for his stupid mistake before the bowl game. Possibly could drop him out of the 2nd round just because of that. Probably the second best all around TE in the draft as a blocker and pass catcher with size.

11.Cole Hikutini TE Louisville-Top 60 skill:.
I agree, awesome route runner and has nice size. Very surprising how clean he runs his routes at that size. Great upside and potential down the road.

12. DeAngelo Yancey WR Purdue--Top 50 skill
Not sure he is top 50 skill, I like his size and hands as well but I would not say he is a great route runner. Do not like his top end speed either but does have some nice toughness and ability to break tackles and run after the catch. However could completely argue there are 25-30 WRs better than him in the up coming draft. Hope for his sake he runs a great 40.

12. John Johnson S Boston College--Top 55 skill:.
I like him too, has corner skills and can play legit safety. Nice overall athlete and potential.

13. Forrest Lamp LT/RT WKU--Top 15 skill:
I like him as well, should possibly be a 1st round pick with his skills and versatility for sure.

14.Alvin Kamara --Top 15 skill RB Tennessee
There are a lot of good multi purpose backs in this draft, Kamara is one of them but not sure about top 15 skill I feel. Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Joe Mixon, Curtis Samuel, Jeremy McNichols, Donnel Pumphrey, Elijah McGuire, Wayne Gallman and Anthony Wales all can catch the ball really well at times. All of these guys are good multipurpose backs out of the backfield. Kamara is maybe in the middle of that group but is not where close to the top I feel.

16.Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado, Top 15 skill:
I like him but his last two games were kind of rough, got beat a few times and wish he was more physical like he was early in the year. I think safety might be the best spot for him, there are multiple corners faster than him and better in deep man to man coverage skills. Could be an elite safety though.

17. Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado, Top 50 skill:
I agree, I like him a lot and he really has good ball skills and uses his length well.

Glad to agree and disagree, Ozzy.

Had no idea about UCF, Shaquem Griffin and the brothers back story. Wow! I'll have to look into his brother. The Marcus Peters comparison was only about their movement dynamics related to the fluidity and power of their skills as big DB athletes.

In terms of RBs, I'll have to check out Wales and Nichols. Haven't seen any of their electronic tape.

The Deshuan watson thing is about how I perceive his QB skill set translating to the nfl in my teams offense. He's a 2nd or 1st rounder in a west coast pick and stick offense with quick striking and play action calls to get the defense off rhythm. Not many teams play that style of offense; however. He'd even do well in power variants of that offense like in Tennessee, but deep field timing drive throws and pocket movement to pass skill worry me in his case. Love him as a college player, and I love him as a person by all accounts.

I still don't like what I see in Demarcus walkers film study. He doesn't play with urgency. Maybe by changing my belief in his athleticism, it will change the way I see his tape.

gohogs14 wrote:
Not sure how reliable Saturday Down South is but they had some interesting quotes from some scouts and players at the Shrine Game about SEC guys and what they thought about them:

Underrated- Ralph Webb, Tre'Davious White, Drew Morgan, Kam Pettway

Overrated- Chad Kelly, Josh Reynolds, Antonio Calloway

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/shrine-game-anonymous-poll-secs-best-worst-players-coaches-2016/

Really good call on Ralph Webb. I'm not sure how I feel about drew morgan's nfl transition. Have not seen Kam Pettway, or Antonio Calloway....will check them out. Thanks!

gopherwrestler wrote:
Ozzy wrote:

Mel Kiper has him in his 1st round.

ProFootball Focus has him top 8 as well.

IDOG_det wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
underrated:

Avery Moss - DE - YSU

Rivers is going to surprise a lot of people. He can beat you off the edge with speed, and he's working on a good spin move to counter.

Can Rivers play 43DE or is he more of a 34OLB. I see 34OLB. What's a good comparison on him? I know sometimes that doesn't mean much, but I'm trying to understand his game.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated
Vince Biegel OLB Wisconsin:
Great effort player but might be over drafted potentially, did not have a wildly productive year and was out played by his teammate TJ Watt who is a better overall prospect and is bigger. They have a great system defensively and are very hard for college teams to handle but just look at Joe Schobert last year. Some really liked him but despite his fine statistics he is not this demon pass rusher he showed at times in college. Biegel is tougher at the point of attack than Schobert, and maybe could play DE in the right situation but as a 3/4 OLB there are a lot of players more athletic and gifted than he is.

Evan Engram TE/HB Ole Miss:
Not a fan of how much he is a tweener prospect, there are arguably 5 TEs who are taller than he is and arguably just as athletic as he is. And in terms of WRs I do not feel he can run a full route tree and does not have the speed needed to consistently get open in press man coverage. A team might find a way to use him as a HB but his inability to be a true TE could hurt him however maybe it was just what he was asked to do at Ole Miss. Still a lot of tight ends have showed up this past season and are better pure tight ends and are arguably just as good of pass catchers as he is.

Tim Williams OLB Alabama:
Still is a first round prospect but did not live up to the hype coming into the year after flashing a lot the season before and dominating that spring game. Was not as dominating of a pass rusher and was arguably out played by Ryan Anderson at times on Bama. Instead of being a top 15 pick might slip down to the lower half of the 1st round.

DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame:
Could be a good player, would have liked him a lot better next season if he decided to stay in school. If a team wants him to start from day one he will struggle I think. Like his toughness and size for the position, decent arm but struggled this year I thought in a variety of ways.

Dan Feeney OG Indiana:
Was disappointed in his play despite being at tackle most the year. Got beat in pass pro more than I would have thought, do like him as a guard but expected more out of him this year. Still a fine athlete and maybe it was just he was playing out of position which might be the case.

Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M:
Did not have a great year, maybe it was all injury related who knows, but if it was that serious he should have sat out more games instead of just being a token out there. Is not as good in space as one would think but again maybe it is all the injury stuff. Said before give me Clowney, Mario Wililams, Julius Peppers and even possibly Joey Bosa over Garrett coming out of college as prospects as a true DE. Maybe will get in in a 3/4 system but does not slash into the backfield like say Von Miller at all and is not as good of an athlete in terms of quickness. Nice prospect but there have been better DEs that have been far more physical at the point of attack and have been just as big and athletic.

Underrated
Jordan Willis DE Kansas State:
Very productive senior season, could probably put on some more weight as well. Nice long frame, uses his arms well and can knife into the backfield consistently and rush on both shoulders.

Zach Johnson OG NDSU:
Be interesting how he does in the pre draft work, big powerful kid and could be a very interesting prospect at guard. Especially if he can show he can hang against the better competition.

Cameron Sutton CB Tennessee:
Did not have the season he wanted with the injuries. Has hurt his stock and might fall out of the 1st round. Still if he can come back healthy a team will get a steal. He is a very smooth corner with fine coverage skills and ball skills.

Damontae Kazee CB San Diego State:
A few corners will go ahead of him but he could be a steal later on, very good open field tackler and nice cover man. His toughness tackling is what makes him a very interesting corner I think.

Jimmie Gilbert OLB/DE Colorado:
As a mid round outside linebacker in a 3/4 he is a very interesting player. Possibly could even go as high as 2nd round if he works out well. Super long and athletic linebacker that could play OLB or DE I feel. I really like his game and he is a real fine prospect with a lot of upside.

Derrick Griffin WR/TE Texas Southern:
Athletically he is extremely interesting. Great run and jump athlete, too bad he was kicked off the football team this season. But with his skills he has shown on the basketball court and the football field, he has a ton of upside at WR or even TE, super run and jump athlete. Is not a basketball player who never played football, had success in both sports in college. Could blow up at the combine but needs to get his head on straight and show he is committed that is for sure.

Quote:
1. Orion Stewart Baylor top 15 skill FS Baylor-- Has it all. Eyes, instincts, forceful tackler, ball skills, instinctual run supporter, and superior PD artist. Wonderful playmaker. Needs to be careful not to get fooled in play action. 1st round safety; top 25 player all day every day.
Interesting player, hard to read though because that defense got walked up and down the field most of the year so he had plenty of opportunities. Seemed to be more concerned with just getting interceptions and taking chances instead of being sound and in the right position. Which is great but can obviously get one out of position and give up huge plays. Really good ball skills and impressive tackler at times though. Highlight tape would look good but in the game from start to finish does fade and not impact as much as one would think. In no way is better than Jamal Adams, Budda Baker, Malik Hooker or Chidobe Awuzie, yet only two of them are the free safety types. But as a 2nd round guy could be interesting, also could argue Dante Barnett is better as well as a free safety type and is a better tackler in the open field possibly. Interesting talent though for sure, see how he does in the Shrine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: