Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Overrated VS Underrated Prospects
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind Character

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Overrated VS Underrated Prospects Reply with quote

The All-Overrated Team Versus The All-Underrated Team

I'd Love to hear peoples' perspectives on what prospects they'd put on their own All-Overrated Versus All-Underrated Teams.

Ultimately, I hope this thread can help us expose the overhyped and overrated players that the mock draft pundits, twitter nfl scouts, and the "sources" say are great players. I know we all experience the "that guy has no idea what he's talking about with that mock draft," the "he clearly hasn't watched the guy if he thinks he's top 10," or the "I just don't see it." It'd be great to get various perspectives on those overrated players so we know whether to bash our GM and personnnel departments right when they get selected, but mostly so we can better understand the draft talent pool.

On the other hand, discussion of draft prospects is at its best when underrated and/or unheralded players with impact skills are revealed to us. It's always a pleasant surprise to look these players up and feel like the guy can flat out ball. In the end, we all hope to see these underrated gems or underrated value players' name scroll across the screen for our team on draft day. I'd love to hear about the underrated players not only for personal understanding of the draft class, but so I could share it with my fellow board members in my team's forum.

So, Who's on your overrated and underrated team??

Here's mine so far:

The All-Overrated Team Versus The All-Underrated Team

First let's start with the All-Overrated Team.

1st Team All-Overrated qualifications - consists of player(s) who have really bad tape and later round grade as their play doesn't match their statistical or analytic production. These players are being talked about as really good to great, potential top 15 players.

1. Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson - 5th-7th round prospect. PFF has him top 8. Kiper has him top half of 1st round. I've been saying this for weeks. Where do I begin? Simply one of the worst full bodies of work I've seen when taking into account the expectations and expressed opinions of the nfl mock pundit class. Has the ht/wt/straight-line speed, but is a stiff and non-instinctual. The one pick we could make that would make me realize our scouts have no idea what the hell they're doing, and they are relying on analytics-only in an irrational judgment and decision making fashion. The fact that PFF rates him in the top 10 is laughable and should let you know that analytic driven evaluation without watching the tape is just as awful as any poor evaluation. High grade of recoverability break up % is only due to opposing QB underthrows or the ball bouncing off his helmet; thus counting for a breakup. As stiff as they come. Given the depth of this CB class, at best he's a 5th to 7th round prospect.

2. Demarcus Walker DE FSU - 3rd round. When he's on, he's an explosive active handed swim move technician 1st round talent. Huge Statistical production. That's what makes his tape some of the hardest tape to watch. Literal comparison is Vernon Gholston. They play the same way it's uncanny. Gholston used more power than a swim move. Been told by indigo_rex and others that know his background that he is a limited athlete; however, he plays lethargic and without urgency imho. Has great highlight tape. Goes missing all the time in some of the worst ways you'll see. Consistent energy issues for at least half of each game he plays. Falls asleep often. Stands right up his stance without leverage and watches the grass grow right after a play where he explosively uses technique and leverage. Explosive play a few times each game and racks up production like Gholston, but the way he plays will not translate well in the nfl unless a coach can get him to play with more urgency and consistent energy. Huge hit or huge miss as he'll go high in the draft probably. Some of the tape was so brutal, I have a 3rd round grade on him.

2nd Team All-Overrated qualifications - consists of players being discussed as 1st/early-2nd rounders or potential pro bowlers that are actually just average to good prospects with a 3rd-5th round type grade. A lot of these players show good traits and skill but also have bad tape and need development. Selecting them in the 2nd round foregoes more probably impact from better players. At best they have a 3rd round grade.

1. Patrick Mahomes
4th Round Prospect--Exceptional and beautiful arm talent. Horrible leg and feet mechanics and fundamentals. Consistent poor decision maker. Doesn't work through progressions with timing in eyes, feet. Hard time avoiding the rush to pass. Plays out of structure. Will struggle in a pro offense. Needs multiple years of development. If he works at it, could be special.
2. Deshaun Watson 3rd-4th Round Prospect--Beautiful Deep Ball Touch passer. All his throws are touch/guided throws. Never rips it. Feels the rush always. Doesn't cycle through progressions without panicking. No full field reading. Feet don't lead progressions. Nice athlete and runner. underthrows the ball constantly. Top 20 consideration is madness. 2 years away at least from being able to handle a pro offense. Best case scenario is as a west coast 2 read option QB or even better in a WC pick and stick offense with a dominant runner behind him. Could thrive in that role a la Jeff Garcia with quick half field reads and deep middle touch throws for chunks.

3. Montravius Adams - 4th Round prospect- Matt Miller says he "is the most underrated defender in this draft class." What the hell is he talking about. I've seen people on the board start to talk about him like that as well. Gap run assistant. Nothing more based on the film. Powerful and heavy hands. Nice quickness off the snap. Talk of him being a 1st rounder is absolutely unreal imo.
4. Ryan Ramczyk Wisconsin- 2nd-3rd rd prospect: Slow plodder footed. Struggles with edge burst and struggles mightily with benders. Very nice technican and savvy player. Arm extension and displacement punch is nice. Solid. Struggles with dynamic inside move. Range is limited. Maybe be better at RT due to limitations.Talk of going in the top 12 is madness. Don't see that at all.
5. Ethan Pocic - 5th Round Prospect --3rd-4th round guard prospect. 5th round center prospect due to leverage issues and how they might translate to the nfl. Does not have good eyes to counter blitzes, stunts, rush games. Anchors with his upper body and not his legs leaving him susceptible to the counter move.
6. Caleb Brantley - 3rd Round Prospect--Nice hands and explosion when he wants to be great. Consistency issues and not a dominant force. Often gets stoned off the snap but not urgent in his counter move so he gets taken out of plays. Nice prospect. 1st round grade is nuts.
7. Marcus Maye - 3rd Round Prospect--2nd round prospect in box heavy run supporting role. Gets lost in pass coverage and gets beat deep too much to consider a high round grade on. Doesn't seem to understand deep and intermediate pass coverage concepts given critical decisions in his play. Best when cutting it loose in run support. Can see him calculating which leads to indecisiveness a lot.
8. Roderick Johnson OT FSU - 3rd-4th Round Prospect--Feet get too narrow. Doesn't possess good balance. Problems with speed rush. Best as a pass pro guard in a zone system. Lacks power and hand control. Finds himself getting destroyed by the inside move too often. Not sturdy in anchor. Nice developmental prospect.
9. (Returning but grossly overhyped before the decision) Mike Mcglinchy OT Notre Dame -3rd Round Prospect. Nice prospect. Good pass set. Lacks the power and balance to be consistent with outside burst rush. Waist bender. Top 15 consideration is wild.

3rd Team All-Overrated qualifications -
players that are being talked about as being great or 1st round pro bowl talent but that are actually just 2nd or 3rd round prospects with limitations

1. Zach Cunningham LB Vandy-2nd rounder. Great rangy sideline to sideline player. Explosive athlete. Lacks the strength and run fit instincts to be considered in the 1st. Top 15 consideration is madness. Very nice prospect with upside.
2. Mitch Trubisky QB UNC - 2nd-3rd Round prospect - Big big Arm, nice escapability to run. Mechanics and feet are all over the place. Feels the rush every time but cant adjust to pass. Trouble cycling through progressions. Brain freezes with inside rush often. In pocket awareness is lacking for the purpose of stepping up to throw. Really nice developmental 3rd round QB.
3. Teez Tabor CB Florida- 2nd rounder--great instincts lacks the quickness to impact on routes beyond 11-18 from LOS. Great depth outside corner.
4. Marlon Humphreys- CB Alabama 2nd rounder-film. Good in zone. Lacks eyes and instincts to be a top of the 1st impact CB. Really nice prospect.
5. Tre'Davius White -CB LSU 3rd rounder-film not the elite corner media is making him out to be. Stiff hipped player if beat off the line without redirect doesn't have the hip fluidity to recover. must play on top on the boundary but will struggle everywhere else.In a normal year, would be a 2nd rounder. In this years CB depth, falls in line with more 3rd round talents.
6. Garrett Bolles - 2nd Round Prospect--heavy handed big man that stones defenders often. Technique gets wild and he often finds himself on the ground or missing wildly due to balance issues and inconsistent feet. Better prospects ahead of him. Very athletic. very nice prospect. Not top 10 as some have suggested.

Now, to the real often hidden gems and impact players in the draft. The All-Underrated team. Filled with immediate starters and pro-bowlers that not many are talking about. Very few well known names

All-Underrated player with generational traits:
--Antonio Garcia LT Troy-If he went to a big name school, he would go top 15. Has it all. Looks bored. Has power, no issues with outside rush, is game for raw power and bull rush. Needs to get stronger and add weight. Plays high at times but has the heavy handed control, technique, and hip flexibility anchoring to still dominate in those instances. Ducks head too often. Not the hefty raw power play of Cam Robinson, but more of a technician.

The All-Underrated Team (In no particular order):

1. Orion Stewart Baylor top 15 skill FS Baylor-- Has it all. Eyes, instincts, forceful tackler, ball skills, instinctual run supporter, and superior PD artist. Wonderful playmaker. Needs to be careful not to get fooled in play action. 1st round safety; top 25 player all day every day.

2. Shaquill Griffin CB UCF--top 15 skill: Marcus Peters-type dynamic, powerful mover with exceptional hip flexibility. PD instincts are exceptional. Forceful tackler. Will be better in the NFL. Coaching might make him a pro bowl player in two years.

3. David Sharpe OT Florida--top 60 skill: Beautiful moving massive man. Strong punch. Waist bender and technique gets bad at times. Struggles at LT. If at RT, a 10 year starter. Dominant in the run. Struggles with speed in the pass set. Nice Arm extension.

3. Donnie Miles SS UNC--top 40 skill (Undeclared 4th yr. Junior)--Best run playmaker in the draft. Could be used in the nickel/hybrid safety role a la Tyrone Mathieu and Deon Buchanan. Plays the pass really well for deflections and disruption. Forceful tackler. Lacks Int production...doesn't matter. Second to Jamal Adams only in terms of in-the box playmaker with the ability to erase the impact of pulling guards.

5.Avery Gennesy OT TAMU--top 25 skill--Best Tackle/Guard swing in the draft. Not the prototypical build but might be most athletic OL in the draft. Powerful, heavy handed, combative, and always violent hands on contact. Beautiful player to watch get to the second level. Could be a pro bowl left, right guard or exclusively at right tackle not at left tackle. Functional Left tackle that will acquit himself well.

6. Dalvin Tomlinson NT Alabama--Top 58 skill: Powerful, violent hands run player extraordinaire. Nice pass rush burst and gap penetrating skill when asked to do it. Gets too high at times and tries to win with his upper body a la Greco Roman upper body control style. When legs explode with leverage, he is a devastating multiple gap controller.

7.Roderick Henderson
NT Alabama St--Top 50 skill: Run wrecking, gap shooting, offensive play destroyer. Elite leverage and off the ball punch with swim or rip technique.

8. Kai Nacua FS BYU--Top 50 skill: Elite range, natural eyes, instinctual player. Limited athlete that compensates by cutting it loose every play. A1 ball skills.

9. Javarius Leamon RT SCSTU--Top 50 skill: Stout and powerful RT prospect. Gets off balance at times with false step outside burst rushers, but reanchors and adjusts with long arm control technique. Good leg drive in run.

10. Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas--Top 35 skill: Does it all. Big time blocker and pass catcher with elite athleticism for a big man. High points ball at the TE position.

10. Vincent Taylor DT/NT Oklahoma St--Top 45 skill: Massive punch and good arm extension press. Very disruptive pass rusher with rip and bull. Very nice prospect. Flashed when evaluating Ogbah all the time.

11.Cole Hikutini TE Louisville-Top 60 skill: Natural hands catcher with elite route running. Best route running in the draft at TE. Needs to upgrade blocking skill. Good ball skills.

12. DeAngelo Yancey WR Purdue--Top 50 skill:Advanced route runner. Natural hands and explosive moves. High points ball. Physical combat catcher. Great speed and burst. Finishes plays. Strong blocker. Needs work on concentration catches in traffic.

12. John Johnson S Boston College--Top 55 skill: Rangy, smooth, sure tackler. Good instincts.

13. Forrest Lamp LT/RT WKU--Top 15 skill: Wins with it all--angles, power, exotic footwork, elite anchor and hip flexibility, arm control, and elite balance. Calling him just a guard b/c of ht/wt is madness. Pro bowl nfl skill set. Probably best on the right side. Needs to work on keeping burst rushers on the outside. Needs more power technique for insuide bull rush.

14.Alvin Kamara --Top 15 skill RB Tennessee--Best pass catching, balance, vision, speed, and power back in the draft besides Fournette and Cook.

15. Dawuane Smoot
34OLB Illinois-Top 25 skill--Not a 43DE player. Urgent burst rush traits that translate well as 34OLB. Elite urgency and active violent hands rusher. A force on the field based on effort like Carl Nassib last year. Creates production for his teammates. Great edge setter; elite run TFL artist due to inside counter striking.

16.Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado, Top 15 skill: Best jam technique in the draft. Stays in the WR pocket even on speed routes. Great instincts. Elite run support CB. Elite PD artist. Physical presence. Needs to work on his eyes in the quick pass game. Elite CB rusher and edge setter. Devastating nickel run support and pass coverage versatility.

17. Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado, Top 50 skill: Smooth, patient, calm CB with natural ball skills and natural feel for locating the ball in the redzone quick pass game. Willing tackler. Needs to work on being more physical at the line.

18. Update: Recently decided to return. Returning but was never mentioned in mock hype. Godwin Igwebuike Top 25 skill FS Northwestern-- I don't want to hear some unfounded Ibraheim Campbell statement b/c they went to the same school and you think the defensive coaching or their scheme whatever. Untrue. Godwin is one hell of an amazing prospect. Heat seeker missile with natural range and instincts. Devastating tackler. Cuts it loose every single time. Top 25 player with huge upside. Best football ahead of him. Lacks Int productivity...doesn't matter. Update: Returning to school

Bonus**: All-Solid/All-Depth Backup Developmental Starter Team
--These are later round guys that will go to teams and replace an injured player in pinch and play well with the possibility to develop into starters.

Dominick Sanders FS Georgia
Nate Gerry SS Nebraska
Tedric Thompson S Colorado
Riley Bullough MLB MSU

(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick

Last edited by Mind Character on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:07 am; edited 19 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
reamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love strong opinions. I don't have a ton of time tonight to engage with your player points, but I do appreciate the effort.

I'll throw Haason Reddick in as an underrated player. I grade him as a 1st rounder. I think he can have a Von Miller type of impact at the next level. Smooth, explosive, excellent in coverage, stronger than expected against the run, and of course can rush the passer. I've been cutting up some gifs of him lately, so I'll post a few.

Watch him peel off his rush and cover the RB out of the backfield. Incredibly smooth. Could eliminate wheel routes.

https://gfycat.com/ZigzagSmoothIrishwaterspaniel

Elite coverage skills for a DE. Probably would need to move to 43 SLB in the pros due to size, but his ability to drop, run with a back, and turn his head to find the ball looks like more a corner than a DL.

https://gfycat.com/AlarmedHorribleCuttlefish

Shows excellent discipline against misdirection plays. Stays square to the LoS in his assignment and tracks down the back for a big loss.

https://gfycat.com/HonestWateryIzuthrush

One of the best first steps around. Destroys blocking schemes.

https://gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteAbandonedKakapo
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the thread idea and am enjoying reading your brief assessments.

Godwin Igwebuike is going back for senior year, so he won't be in this draft class.
PAW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw it with Tankersley either.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
I love strong opinions. I don't have a ton of time tonight to engage with your player points, but I do appreciate the effort.

I'll throw Haason Reddick in as an underrated player. I grade him as a 1st rounder. I think he can have a Von Miller type of impact at the next level. Smooth, explosive, excellent in coverage, stronger than expected against the run, and of course can rush the passer. I've been cutting up some gifs of him lately, so I'll post a few.

Watch him peel off his rush and cover the RB out of the backfield. Incredibly smooth. Could eliminate wheel routes.

https://gfycat.com/ZigzagSmoothIrishwaterspaniel

Elite coverage skills for a DE. Probably would need to move to 43 SLB in the pros due to size, but his ability to drop, run with a back, and turn his head to find the ball looks like more a corner than a DL.

https://gfycat.com/AlarmedHorribleCuttlefish

Shows excellent discipline against misdirection plays. Stays square to the LoS in his assignment and tracks down the back for a big loss.

https://gfycat.com/HonestWateryIzuthrush

One of the best first steps around. Destroys blocking schemes.

https://gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteAbandonedKakapo

Wow, what a dynamic and smooth athlete from those snapshots of his ability....will definitely check out more of his tape. Thanks!

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
I like the thread idea and am enjoying reading your brief assessments.

Godwin Igwebuike is going back for senior year, so he won't be in this draft class.

Thanks. Good to know about Igwebuike. That really sucks as I thought my team had a shot at him late day 2. I suspect he'll be a top 50 player on draft boards next year.
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brownie man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OJ Howard has got to be on a underrated list.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Watt overrated

McCaffery underrated ( not by everyone but I think he is going to be special which most people don't)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
Jarran Jones DT Notre Dame

underrated list.

Great work. Post in here more.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does 'exotic footwork' mean?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:

If you watch closely, Forrest Lamp is actually performing his interpretation of flamenco on any given play

If you don't believe me, you can play the sound from this over any DraftBreakdown cut, and Lamp will sync perfectly

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

If you watch closely, Forrest Lamp is actually performing his interpretation of flamenco on any given play

If you don't believe me, you can play the sound from this over any DraftBreakdown cut, and Lamp will sync perfectly

Lol. I'm picturing a 'Brandon Scherff was a band geek in high school' type article in SI after he's drafted. 'Forrest Lamp was Junior Kentucky Argentine Tango Champion before he fell in love with football. Now he uses his fancy footwork to confuse and terrify his opponents.'
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Lol. I'm picturing a 'Brandon Scherff was a band geek in high school' type article in SI after he's drafted. 'Forrest Lamp was Junior Kentucky Argentine Tango Champion before he fell in love with football. Now he uses his fancy footwork to confuse and terrify his opponents.'

Hahaha....most def. Lamp hits a mean electric slide against edge rushers.

Lol...Nah...what I meant by "exotic" footwork was that I saw some weird techniques in more than 5 games in his career. It's hard to describe in language, but more specifically when a defensive end is in the Wide 9-tech after the snap he quickly "pitter patters"/chop steps his feet in place doing what football coaches call keeping your feet alive. Then on contact he anchors, unlocks and explodes his hips to displace the dlineman with strong punch, heavy hands, and finishes the player away from the QBs throwing platform.

It was hard to make sense of it. Maybe WKU coaches teach that technique to actively prepare for Wide-9 rushers. I had never seen that before, and it looked excessive or unconventional in its fundamentals; but, he was shockingly successful with it.

Some odd ish for sure. Lamp (I love Lamp) wins in many ways for sure.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
TJ Watt overrated

McCaffery underrated ( not by everyone but I think he is going to be special which most people don't)

T.J. Watt is most definitely not overrated unless you expect him to be J.J. He's one of the best edge talents in this class. He offers the entire package as a pass rusher.

It's hard to explain T.J.'s "polish" because he has such great instincts for the position that he seems polished despite being a guy who hasn't come close to his ceiling. This is a kid who you draft because in a few years, he's going to be twice as good as he is now. And he's already a quality prospect.

I'll show you some plays that demonstrate the type of tools that Watt has:
http://gph.is/2jif4eh
http://gph.is/2ji6mN0

These are back-to-back plays. It shows his football IQ. He recognizes on the second play that if he feigns an outside rush, he can get the LT to overset because he just beat him around the corner. Then, you see Watt's explosive burst when he plants and attacks that inside gap.

Here are more:
http://gph.is/2ji4xzy

Just overpowers Taylor Moton, who will play on Sundays, and then beats the double team help which leads to his teammates forcing a fumble.

http://gph.is/2ji5Yhn

You have a mismatch here with Watt vs. the HB on the blitz. Watt does exactly what he should do. He destroys the HB and closes on Terrell for the sack.

http://gph.is/2jInw2F

Wins with his hands and then you see his speed and ability to turn the corner. Even shows some bend.

http://gph.is/2jIq0hC

Again, he wins with his hands and then you see his speed to the corner. He loses his footing which prevents the sack, but he gets up immediately, closes, and hits the QB right after he releases it.

I see a pass rusher who has the speed to threaten the corner, the agility to utilize effective inside moves, the jarring punch and hand use to win with technical skill, the football IQ to understand when to use his various moves, and the power to overwhelm OTs. And this is a guy who still isn't anywhere close to reaching his potential. He has the frame to add additional weight and functional strength. He can learn to better convert his speed to power.

On top of that, Watt looks comfortable dropping into coverage, he plays with a high motor in the run and pass game, he locates the ball, he's exceptional at getting his hands into passing lanes, and he plays the run well (with the potential to be outstanding at it).

I see a guy who has the potential to be one of the best in the NFL if he lands with the right coaching staff. I don't see at all how he's overrated. As a pass rusher, he has every tool you could ask for except elite bend (of course, he does have some ability to bend).

Hell, ask Western Michigan about Watt. Despite having two NFL OTs, they were giving their tackles help against Watt for much of that game in the passing game. When they didn't, Watt was disruptive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orion Stewart was always someone I liked and surprised at the same time, that absolutely nobody was talking about him. Watched some Baylor games this year and he was the clear standout on defense. No idea where I'd rank him though.
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeMarcus Walker is not a particularly good athlete, but his effort level is what you want. He ran a 5.04 in high school. He will likely improve on that number, but it'd be a minor miracle to see him get it under 4.8. His agility doesn't look like a major strength, and he's unlikely to break 35" in the vert (only a 31" vert in high school).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: