Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD17 Is Back...And Better Than Ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help but I have issues with commitment so GM is out for me.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Sign ups are up. Am I on my own on this or is anyone up for helping or even GMing (with my help)?

I thought you were already doing it or was that something else?
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Sign ups are up. Am I on my own on this or is anyone up for helping or even GMing (with my help)?

I thought you were already doing it or was that something else?

I am currently doing the Total Control Mock Off Season (it is run by individual posters not the FFMD Mods)

When FFMD I didn't happen last year, this mock stepped in and did a full scale mock off season. It tried to be forum wide but that had inconsistent success. What I am doing now is the individual version and I just decided to create a thread to share it with everyone.

So it's not FFMD (but it is very well created and run)

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
magross

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete if you are gonna GM i would like to assist in any role possible, i know i cant GM as my views are a lot different then most, but feel i can contribute, would be willing to GM if no one else wishes to and will listen to all who contribute.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
Pete if you are gonna GM i would like to assist in any role possible, i know i cant GM as my views are a lot different then most, but feel i can contribute, would be willing to GM if no one else wishes to and will listen to all who contribute.

If you want to GM, go for it. I'll be your AGM if you want. I was thinking about signing up as a writer rather than a GM anyway.

If you'd rather just AGM, we could do that to.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
magross

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
magross wrote:

If you want to GM, go for it. I'll be your AGM if you want. I was thinking about signing up as a writer rather than a GM anyway.

If you'd rather just AGM, we could do that to.

I will more then gladly GM. I've been wanting to do that before, just always missed the sign ups.
magross

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas on who could be the cap person n scouting there's plenty of options we have a lot of good people in this forum
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
Any ideas on who could be the cap person n scouting there's plenty of options we have a lot of good people in this forum

Hockey is good with the draft.

I don't mind doing the cap depending on how it is structured. I got really in depth with it doing Total Control, so I have a good idea of how it all works.

The way I ran it last year, is I had a couple key people and then let any other poster pop on and give an opinion when they wanted to. People faded in and out and that was ok with me.

Also, gotta see if Kilty will do the image work because he is the man haha

magross

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, i've done cap before as well just wasn't sure how this was gonna be structured
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
awesome, i've done cap before as well just wasn't sure how this was gonna be structured

I'm not sure about the structure either, if they provide a doc or they just tell us to use the OTC tracker or something.

magross

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:

Hockey,

If i am GM, Not gonna be told who is till feb
and Pete is AGM
What position would you ultimately like?
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok but real serious talk, what is our theme going to be?

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

Hockey,

If i am GM, Not gonna be told who is till feb
and Pete is AGM
What position would you ultimately like?

King Overlord of all that is Eagles

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...or maybe little errand boy?

Honestly though whatever title you want to give me. I'm pretty familiar with these things so I'm fine with whatever. I'm pretty good with numbers/the cap but so is Pete, I'm also getting more familiar with the prospects as the offseason progresses so i'll help there.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

magross

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated Timeline
FFMD17 Schedule
Quote:
Friday, February 3rd - Sign Ups Close
Monday, February 6th - GMs & Writers Announced
Friday, February 10th - Rosters, Cap Space, FFMD Staff Finalized

Sunday, February 12th 8 AM - ERFA/RFA Tenders Open, Franchise Tags Open
Sunday, February 12th 8 AM - Contract Restructures Begin
Wednesday, February 15th 10 PM - ERFA/RFA Tenders Close, Franchise Tags Close
Thursday, February 16th 8 AM - RFA Contract Offers Open
Friday, February 16th 10 PM - RFA Contract Offers Close
Saturday, February 17th 10 PM - Deadline to match RFA contracts
Saturday, February 17th 10 PM - Contract Restructures Close

Sunday, February 18th 8 AM - Talent Agency Tier 1 Opens
Monday, February 19th 10 PM - Talent Agency Tier 1 Closes
Tuesday, February 20th 8 AM - Talent Agency Tier 2 Opens
Wednesday, February 21st 10 PM - Talent Agency Tier 2 Closes
Thursday, February 22nd 8 AM - Talent Agency Tier 3 Opens
Thursday, February 22nd 8 AM - Shark Tank Opens
Friday, February 23rd 10 PM - Talent Agency Tier 3 Closes
Saturday, February 24th 8 AM - Talent Agency Tier 4 Opens
Sunday, February 25th 10 PM - Talent Agency Tier 4 Closes

Saturday, March 4th 8 AM - Draft Begins

War Room Jobs

- General Manager – Will make all of the final decisions and is in control of everything ranging from submitting trades to making draft picks. However, this position weighs equally amongst the staff in terms of opinion and everyone’s say should be accounted for before he determines the best route for the team. Each member will greatly influence his decisions.
- Assistant GM – 2nd in line to the GM and assists the GM in all areas. He will explore trade options around the league and all trade offers are directed through him to then announce in the war room for discussion. If the GM is unavailable the Assistant GM is able to make draft picks and post UFA bids. Only the GM and Assistant GM have this ability. Becomes the active GM in the absence of the nominated GM.
- Head Coach – Has a key part in all decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking for trade options, etc… The draft board and player targets should be of importance to him as adding players he views as a fit for his system is critical.
- Capologist – This person is in charge of maintaining and keeping tabs of the salary information of the team. At all times the team must maintain a budget in regards to the annual revenue the team brings in. The responsibility for correct figures will lie in his hands and an excel spreadsheet for constant updating is usually helpful. A 53 man roster must be maintained as well.
- Director of College Scouting – Helps decide needs and works with the national scouts to develop a big board for the draft.
- President of Player Personnel – Is responsible for developing a free agency target list. Projecting trades with other teams and reviewing players on all levels both college and pro.
- Director of Media Relations -- Will report to the writers with feedback and information relative to the news of what is happening with the organization.
- National Scout -- Will evaluate draftable players. This can be position specific or not. RB scout will look into RB’s, LB scout will look into potential LB’s to add to the team.

The only positions that are required are GM, Assistant GM, and Capologist. Feel free to create and eliminate positions as you deem fit, but the three mentioned above are mandatory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: