Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leslie Frazier Hired as Bills DC and Rick Dennison as OC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Leslie Frazier Hired as Bills DC and Rick Dennison as OC Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0611366240023220994-4

Ravens pass D ranked 9th and 1st in INTs. Frazier and McDermott worked together in Philadelphia.

Update: Rick Dennison as OC

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-agree-to-terms-with-Rick-Dennison-to-become-offensive-coordinator/36fb4412-62a0-4542-8e36-257932701668

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito

Last edited by marshawn lynch on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully McDermott is going to be using his defensive scheme, otherwise you are in store for the most passive, strict Tampa-2 known to man.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Hopefully McDermott is going to be using his defensive scheme, otherwise you are in store for the most passive, strict Tampa-2 known to man.

Its gonna be McDermotts defense and Frazier is reportedly gonna be his loyal righy hand man according to ESPN.

MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:

McDermott in Philly dropped his lineman in coverage too often and had no situational awareness. Hopefully for the Bills he's grown, hard to tell with Rivera running things in Carolina.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we've discussed in our Ravens forum, it's hard to tell what type of impact Frazier himself had.

Our pass defense improved for sure. But, that can also be contributed to Weddle coming in, Webb moving to FS and Tavon Young stepping up. But, at the same time, with Tavon stepping up as a 4th round rookie, it's highly likely that coaching helped make that happen. But, then at the same same time, guys like Shareece Wright and Jerraud Powers were both terrible despite showing different last season.

So, it's tough to say. I think he did a decent enough job, but I don't see this as a huge loss for us. But I guess time will tell. If it takes losing Frazier to also get rid of Castillo, I'm on board Very Happy

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
As we've discussed in our Ravens forum, it's hard to tell what type of impact Frazier himself had.

Our pass defense improved for sure. But, that can also be contributed to Weddle coming in, Webb moving to FS and Tavon Young stepping up. But, at the same time, with Tavon stepping up as a 4th round rookie, it's highly likely that coaching helped make that happen. But, then at the same same time, guys like Shareece Wright and Jerraud Powers were both terrible despite showing different last season.

So, it's tough to say. I think he did a decent enough job, but I don't see this as a huge loss for us. But I guess time will tell. If it takes losing Frazier to also get rid of Castillo, I'm on board Very Happy

Well if Webb moved positions to FS.... thats decided by coaches. Hence a coaching move. And im sure the DB coach had his opinion beforw the change was made. And Weddle as good as he is, is getting older. So i doubt adding an aging safety was reason for improvement. Im sure it comtributed but its not like Ravens added a player in their prime that improved their secondary. There was definetly coaching involved that helped the Ravens improve. Just a matter of how much is up to debate.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

god awful during his time with the Vikings, hopefully he has improved. a super nice guy, but couldn't motivate anyone.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
god awful during his time with the Vikings, hopefully he has improved. a super nice guy, but couldn't motivate anyone.

I wasn't a fan of his when he was in Cincy either. But that was a long time ago...
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

Was that as a DC and HC or mainly as a HC?

As others have said it'll likely be Mcdermotts D that he is running so hopefully that makes a difference. He reminds me a lot of Dic Jauron.

Last edited by Trentwannabe on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was supposed to be the next great coach in the NFL, disappointed as the Vikings coach, going to be interesting to see how he does as Bills DC.
Haitch Who?
God Bless You

Courtesy of an online joke search.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

I thought Adrian liked him a lot, and was disappointed when he was fired?

other than him though, you're right.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Well if Webb moved positions to FS.... thats decided by coaches. Hence a coaching move. And im sure the DB coach had his opinion beforw the change was made. And Weddle as good as he is, is getting older. So i doubt adding an aging safety was reason for improvement. Im sure it comtributed but its not like Ravens added a player in their prime that improved their secondary. There was definetly coaching involved that helped the Ravens improve. Just a matter of how much is up to debate.

Yeah, but Webb starting switching to safety towards the end of last season. It was happening with or without Frazier. Mostly because Lardarius can't play much corner anymore. Sad
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Was that as a DC and HC or mainly as a HC?

As others have said it'll likely be Mcdermotts D that he is running so hopefully that makes a difference. He reminds me a lot of Dic Jauron.

Both. As a HC his defenses were brutally bad. But as a DC, it always seemed that the team got by strictly on talent alone.

The Vikings defense under Frazier was above average, but you would think that a defense with Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Chad Greenway, EJ Henderson, and Antoine Winfield all in their prime would be better than "above average".

It was all base defense. No blitzes, no stunts, no movement. Nothing trying to disguise what you're trying to do and confuse the offense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Webb was tried at FS for the last 4 games of 2015, before Frazier got there. So, that really wasn't Frazier's input at all.

And Weddle played like a pro bowl S for us this season, so yes, having a highly productive "aging" safety back there instead of Kendrick Lewis and/or 2015 Will Hill is absolutely a sizeable upgrade.

I'm not arguing that coaching didn't play a part. I'm not trying to downplay Frazier just because he left. I think he played a large part in Tavon Young playing so well. But if I give him credit there, you have to also criticize him for Shareece Wright playing sloppy all year too. Webb and Weddle are both long-time veterans in the league and so I kind of don't count them as strongly as the younger guys. But, as I said, it's hard to tell one way or the other as to what impact Frazier had, however, as long as Castillo is gone too, I'll take it either way.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
PurplePesci

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I thought Adrian liked him a lot, and was disappointed when he was fired?

other than him though, you're right.

Adrian has proven a number of times to be far from the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to opinions on personnel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: