Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Juan Castillo, Leslie Frazier Leaving For BUF
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Juan Castillo, Leslie Frazier Leaving For BUF Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 43s44 seconds ago
Juan Castillo will be heading to the Buffalo Bills to work on Sean McDermott's staff as OL coach/run game coordinator.

Applause Dancing Drool Angel Wink Very Happy Smile Cool Laughing Razz Mr. Green

Sorry, I might be a wee bit happy.

Last edited by coordinator0 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol gl bills

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec @jeffzrebiecsun
I would expect the Ravens to hire an OL coach to replace Castillo.

Quote:
YashaYahu ‏@YashaYahu1 6m6 minutes ago
@jeffzrebiecsun what makes u think so?

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 4m4 minutes ago
@YashaYahu1 I was told that's what they're planning on doing.

Dennison? Man I hope so. Kind of odd that Roman didn't just come in as the new offensive line coach but hopefully that means they have their eye on a friend from a couple years ago...
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get Dennison back and install that ZBS... I'll regain some optimism for 2017 Laughing

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Danand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
If we can get Dennison back and install that ZBS... I'll regain some optimism for 2017 Laughing

Feel the same way. Who is more suited to Dennisons scheme? Pocic or Elflein?
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Assuming Roman is going to have input on the new direction of the running game I'm not sure Dennison would be a good fit. Just seems like it'd be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Assuming Roman is going to have input on the new direction of the running game I'm not sure Dennison would be a good fit. Just seems like it'd be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

I think Roman as "Senior Offensive Assistant"/TE coach will kind of just give some input on schemes overall and assist where needed on top of coaching up the TEs.

I really hope they don't factor what he's most comfortable with into deciding on an OL coach. I would hope it would work the other way around.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Aaron Kromer staying in Buffalo? If not maybe bring him in. They should get Dennison or Musgrave for QB coach.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Awesome. Got to be Steve's doing. So, he was basically fired, without the word having to come out.

ROFL at him getting the "run game coordinator" title again. We invented that title in 2013 when we brought him in and he produced one of the least efficient running games ever. The only one in recent history where the backs combined to average under 3YPC, I believe. Of course, according to Harbs, it wasn't his fault and he quietly took that title away and made him O-line coach. Let's remember that Buffalo had the best rushing offense in the league this year, and get the popcorn ready to see what they do with Juan.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

I think Roman as "Senior Offensive Assistant"/TE coach will kind of just give some input on schemes overall and assist where needed on top of coaching up the TEs.

I really hope they don't factor what he's most comfortable with into deciding on an OL coach. I would hope it would work the other way around.

\_(ツ)_/ I feel like Roman's value-add is probably moreso in helping tweak the running game moreso than simply being here to work with the tight ends, and that would mean a move towards a power, man-blocking scheme. If Roman is a bit player then it's fine but otherwise I think there needs to be consistency in scheme.

If we do bring in Dennison and go with a ZBS, then I don't really see the point of Roman. If we bring in Dennison but give Roman the keys to the running game, then I don't really see the point of Dennison. Reminds me of bringing in Trestman but demanding that he stick with Kubiak's scheme, or having Castillo try to pick up where Kubiak/Dennison left off when they left for Denver.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
\_(ツ)_/ I feel like Roman's value-add is probably moreso in helping tweak the running game moreso than simply being here to work with the tight ends, and that would mean a move towards a power, man-blocking scheme. If Roman is a bit player then it's fine but otherwise I think there needs to be consistency in scheme.

If we do bring in Dennison and go with a ZBS, then I don't really see the point of Roman. If we bring in Dennison but give Roman the keys to the running game, then I don't really see the point of Dennison. Reminds me of bringing in Trestman but demanding that he stick with Kubiak's scheme, or having Castillo try to pick up where Kubiak/Dennison left off when they left for Denver.

Roman uses zone schemes too. This is a good article outlining his full year in Buffalo:

http://buildingtheherd.com/film-room/greg-romans-run-concepts-in-buffalo-bills-offense-an-all-22-breakdown/

Towards the end is the part about zone plays. This part in particular caught my eye:

Quote:
With LeSean McCoy, Buffalo ran mostly zone-based plays, while running more power concepts with Karlos Williams.

Hmm, I'm generally not in favor of using multiple concepts but it seemed to work for him. You might be right in the Dennison/Kubiak/Shanahan blocking system being different than Roman's though and the two styles not meshing is certainly a concern. I would still bring in Rick though. If they're hiring another offensive line coach then they're making a clear division in responsibilities. Otherwise Greg would have just come in as the offensive line coach and Angulo wouldn't have switched to assistant offensive line coach.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care who replaces him. ANYONE is better than Castillo. Wonder who is responsible for making this decision? That is, was it Juan wanting to actually leave or was it more along the lines of the Ravens suggesting he find something else, e.g. Greg Mattison.

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago
#Bills coach Sean McDermott discussed bringing in Al Holcomb as his DC Im told the name to watch now is #Ravens DBs coach Leslie Frazier

That, however, might not be great. Or it might be good? Hard to say what kind of impact Frazier had. Wright clearly regressed while Young did exceedingly well for a rookie. Powers was trash. Smith, Weddle, and Webb are all veterans that didn't seem to be affected either way. Nobody else played enough to be worth mentioning.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Is Aaron Kromer staying in Buffalo? If not maybe bring him in. They should get Dennison or Musgrave for QB coach.

And yeah, Kromer makes a lot of sense for the offensive line coach if the Ravens are really committing to Roman and getting the line/running game working again. Doesn't sound like the Bills plan on keeping him around. Wouldn't mind that hire at all. Whatever gets the blocking better I'm in favor of.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Roman uses zone schemes too. This is a good article outlining his full year in Buffalo:

http://buildingtheherd.com/film-room/greg-romans-run-concepts-in-buffalo-bills-offense-an-all-22-breakdown/

Towards the end is the part about zone plays. This part in particular caught my eye:

Quote:
With LeSean McCoy, Buffalo ran mostly zone-based plays, while running more power concepts with Karlos Williams.

Hmm, I'm generally not in favor of using multiple concepts but it seemed to work for him. You might be right in the Dennison/Kubiak/Shanahan blocking system being different than Roman's though and the two styles not meshing is certainly a concern. I would still bring in Rick though. If they're hiring another offensive line coach then they're making a clear division in responsibilities. Otherwise Greg would have just come in as the offensive line coach and Angulo wouldn't have switched to assistant offensive line coach.

Marty typically has favored ZBS as well, fwiw.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: