You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Feel for you guys...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tully305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Feel for you guys... Reply with quote

As a Clevelander, I know what you guys are going through.

This sux
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Feel for you guys... Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
As a Clevelander, I know what you guys are going through.

This sux

Ditto.

My first game was when I was 7, in 1970. Chiefs at Chargers. 31-13, John Hadl with over 300 yds passing.

He was my favorite player, even as a Browns fan.

Very sorry about what your city and fanbase is having to go through.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condolences.....
I remember what it felt like, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody....

Respect
DaWg_Lb.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry your owner is a money-grubbing trashball. These next few years might be pretty rocky, and I am curious if they go into full rebuild (trade Rivers & draft a 1st round QB for the move?). L.A. makes me think of scuzzy businessmen Very Happy, so maybe the two L.A teams are right where they belong. We can always use some new Browns fans on the bandwagon; now is the time to hop aboard (#buylowsellhigh).

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as bad.. Takes 2-3 hours depending on traffic to travel up the freeway to Los Angeles. Plus the team is still keeping their name and history.. Browns turning into the Ravens was alot worse
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been reading up on this situation the last couple of days. Your owner is a real dirt bag. Fans deserve better than people like that.

Makes me glad that our pro rugby teams in New Zealand are 51% owned by the national organisation (effectively the NFL ) so teams don't move and they don't make stupid coaching decisions or bad front office hirings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my deepest sympathies. I detest owners that move their teams. Nobody deserves that. It should only happen under the absolute worst circumstances. I do not believe the San Diego situation warranted a move to L.A.

I'm sorry Sad
TheGame316

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If San Diegoans weren't so cheap they'd pony up like other cities do to keep their teams

Population brought it on themselves, sucks for fans though
BuckSavage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Charger fans and NFL fans are freaking out. San Diego is a 2-3 hour drive north to Carson at the Stub hub center, which is an actually very cool field even at 30,000 seats. If you don't want to drive, take a FUN 2.5 hour amtrak train for $56 round trip that serves alcohol.

Lighten up, have you guys been to Jack Murph Stadium (Qualcomm) recently? It's literally a slab of concrete with no amenities or any trace of modernization.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckSavage wrote:
I don't know why Charger fans and NFL fans are freaking out. San Diego is a 2-3 hour drive north to Carson at the Stub hub center, which is an actually very cool field even at 30,000 seats. If you don't want to drive, take a FUN 2.5 hour amtrak train for $56 round trip that serves alcohol.

Lighten up, have you guys been to Jack Murph Stadium (Qualcomm) recently? It's literally a slab of concrete with no amenities or any trace of modernization.

LBC said this in another thread, but geographically close cities, even in the same state, are not alike and are not perfect substitutes for the other. The fact that it's 2-3 hours will not matter for San Diego fans because they feel abandoned and I'm sure many are not huge fans of Los Angeles, and especially not the Spanos family with the crap they pulled (especially after having to put up with them forever).

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are free to join the bandwagon known as the factory of sadness. Laughing

I feel awful for you guys.
starry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The history of the last 50 years is San Diego and nothing whatsoever to do with LA, the players in the Hall of Fame should be San Diego Chargers.
starry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
If San Diegoans weren't so cheap they'd pony up like other cities do to keep their teams

No, the owner is cheap. And people buying into the fact that the NFL can try and blackmail its own fans is just sad. Spanos is a useless owner and someone like that will not get support, he should have sold up and let someone more competent take charge.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starry wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:

No, the owner is cheap. And people buying into the fact that the NFL can try and blackmail its own fans is just sad. Spanos is a useless owner and someone like that will not get support, he should have sold up and let someone more competent take charge.

Yup. This right here. NFL teams should have to pay 100% of their own costs. Everyone else does. The NFL already gouges its fans on every level. No city should pay a dime for a billionaire to grow a cash crop and affect everything in that city (both positively and negatively). Again, the NFL is a business and should conduct itself as such (not a b.s. "non-profit").

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contemplated rooting for another team for a long time, The chargers were an amazing team and despite some of the b.s over the years (4th&29, Spanos, Turner, The stadium etc.) I stuck with the team. Now I don't know what to do.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: