Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect Wish List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 (21) Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 2 (53) Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
Round 3 (85) Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
Round 4 (127) Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
Round 5 (165) Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan
Round 6 (205) Billy Brown, TE, Sheperd
Round 6 (215) Jayon Brown, LB, UCLA
Round 7 (250) Mondo Williams, CB, Appalachian State

Speaking of Foster I just saw this mock on NFL.com if the first 6 rounds started like this then I would love it. Foster, and HumphreyBowser in the 3rd. I wish. They are starting to talk about him going in the late first now saying how he was vastly underused at Houston and he could have a 14 to 16 sack potential. Daeshon Hall would be a steal, Darboh is vastly underrated. Billy Brown had academic issues and was not able to attend a division 1 so he went the division 2 route. He has amazing size and decent speed. He played WR in college at 6'4 255lbs and flat out dominated with 22 touchdowns and nearly 1600 yards. Jayon Brown is underrated also at least here by a few rounds. Mondo Williams is a toss up at this point. He might be great or he might be in canada. But overall if the draft landed like this I wouldn't be mad.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
Round 1 (21) Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 2 (53) Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
Round 3 (85) Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
Round 4 (127) Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
Round 5 (165) Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan
Round 6 (205) Billy Brown, TE, Sheperd
Round 6 (215) Jayon Brown, LB, UCLA
Round 7 (250) Mondo Williams, CB, Appalachian State

Speaking of Foster I just saw this mock on NFL.com if the first 6 rounds started like this then I would love it. Foster, and HumphreyBowser in the 3rd. I wish. They are starting to talk about him going in the late first now saying how he was vastly underused at Houston and he could have a 14 to 16 sack potential. Daeshon Hall would be a steal, Darboh is vastly underrated. Billy Brown had academic issues and was not able to attend a division 1 so he went the division 2 route. He has amazing size and decent speed. He played WR in college at 6'4 255lbs and flat out dominated with 22 touchdowns and nearly 1600 yards. Jayon Brown is underrated also at least here by a few rounds. Mondo Williams is a toss up at this point. He might be great or he might be in canada. But overall if the draft landed like this I wouldn't be mad.
does this guy get paid to make wishful mocks..this will never happen
ManeLine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been liking Jarrad Davis lately. He'd be a nice fit for what the Lions want to do.

Also like Corey Davis, Obi Melifonwu, and Marlon Humphrey. All great fits for the Lions and fill needs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
I've been liking Jarrad Davis lately. He'd be a nice fit for what the Lions want to do.

Also like Corey Davis, Obi Melifonwu, and Marlon Humphrey. All great fits for the Lions and fill needs.

I'm not sure Humphrey is as good of a fit as everybody thinks. We rarely play bump and run anymore. We are a primarily zone coverage defense, and he would get picked on in that scheme.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

I'm not sure Humphrey is as good of a fit as everybody thinks. We rarely play bump and run anymore. We are a primarily zone coverage defense, and he would get picked on in that scheme.

We're a primarily zone defence because we don't have the personnel to consistently play man coverage. Slay and Quin can play man and zone IMO; it's not a problem with them. It's a problem with the LBs and corners around those two that causes problems as to why we can't play man coverage very much. I refer back to the 2014 season when we made the playoffs in Austin's first season, before Mathis and Levy fell off a cliff and while Slay was seriously emerging, we played a much greater amount of man coverage. If we drafted Humphrey, who I actually think is pretty good in zone and struggles getting beat over the top in man, but let's go along with your analysis and assume he's better at man than zone, and then we draft a LB who can play in coverage, then that will go a long way towards allowing us to play more man coverage, which I think is Austin's natural inclination.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

We're a primarily zone defence because we don't have the personnel to consistently play man coverage. Slay and Quin can play man and zone IMO; it's not a problem with them. It's a problem with the LBs and corners around those two that causes problems as to why we can't play man coverage very much. I refer back to the 2014 season when we made the playoffs in Austin's first season, before Mathis and Levy fell off a cliff and while Slay was seriously emerging, we played a much greater amount of man coverage. If we drafted Humphrey, who I actually think is pretty good in zone and struggles getting beat over the top in man, but let's go along with your analysis and assume he's better at man than zone, and then we draft a LB who can play in coverage, then that will go a long way towards allowing us to play more man coverage, which I think is Austin's natural inclination.

I could be totally wrong about him. I haven't watched him near the amount as some of these other prospects. He just seemed like the typical bump and run boundry CB from what I've seen.

Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:

I've liked Davis for awhile. I like that he can cover both RBs and TEs, something we've lacked for years. He was very productive in the SEC even while playing through injury. I like the pedigree. From everything I've read about him, he's a quality guy off the field as well.

I mocked him to us in the first round in my mock draft months ago and people weren't too fond of him as a first rd pick, but I still think he'd be a quality player there. Would be heaven if he fell to the 2nd though. Shocked

I seriously would not mind doubling up on LBs in the first and second rounds. There is alot of talent there this year and we need the bodies. If we could end up with two of these guys:

Haason Reddick
Rueben Foster
Jarrad Davis
Zach Cunningham
T.J. Watt LB/DE
Raekwon McMillan
Jabrill Peppers LB/S hybrid

... while re-signing Tahir and putting them with Williams and Worrilow, we'd be set and deep at the position.

Sig by El Ramster
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5 I would most be happy with at 21 (realistically)

1. Malik Hooker
2. Haason Reddick
3. Taco Charlton
4. Takk McKinley
5. Jarrad Davis
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:

1. Malik Hooker
2. Haason Reddick
3. Taco Charlton
4. Takk McKinley
5. Jarrad Davis

Are people saying Malik Hooker has a chance to fall out of the top 10?

Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:

1. Malik Hooker
2. Haason Reddick
3. Taco Charlton
4. Takk McKinley
5. Jarrad Davis

Are people saying Malik Hooker has a chance to fall out of the top 10?

Charley Casserly has him @ 22 for what its worth
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mijags

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damontae kazee might be a late round steal. 8 picks in 2015, 7 in 2016, mountain west defensive player of the year back to back years ('15-16)
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top ten or so semi realistic big board looks like this right now:
1. Rueben Foster
2. Malik McDowell
3. Haason Reddick
4. Gareon Conley (Dependent on feeling comfortable that he's not guilty)
5. OJ Howard
6. TJ Watt/Jarrad Davis
8. Marlon Humphrey
9. Tyus Bowser
10. Takkarist McKinley
Outside of my top three I'm not loving any of these other guys and would rather trade down than pick any of them, but that's unlikely, so this is what I feel comfortable with.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Big Board for realistic option that might be available at 21:

1. Reuben Foster
2. Haason Reddick
3. Derek Barnett
4. Jarrad Davis
5. Malik McDowell
6. Tak McKinley
7. Taco Charlton
8. Charles Harris

I wouldn't consider anybody else at 21 then this group (barring something stupid like Allen, Thomas, etc. fall). If we end up with Barnett or another DE, I would trade up as far as I could for Jarrad Davis or TJ Watt. If we end up with a LB, I would trade up as far as I could for Tak, Malik, Taco or Harris.

Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

1. Reuben Foster
2. Haason Reddick
3. Derek Barnett
4. Jarrad Davis
5. Malik McDowell
6. Tak McKinley
7. Taco Charlton
8. Charles Harris

I wouldn't consider anybody else at 21 then this group (barring something stupid like Allen, Thomas, etc. fall). If we end up with Barnett or another DE, I would trade up as far as I could for Jarrad Davis or TJ Watt. If we end up with a LB, I would trade up as far as I could for Tak, Malik, Taco or Harris.
didn't you call Barnett a bust and now he's your number 3...

Malik at 21 idk what you guys are seeing there

Apparently you want this de position filled no matter what..

Like the idea of trading up for a guy like watt or davis
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

1. Reuben Foster
2. Haason Reddick
3. Derek Barnett
4. Jarrad Davis
5. Malik McDowell
6. Tak McKinley
7. Taco Charlton
8. Charles Harris

didn't you call Barnett a bust and now he's your number 3...

Malik at 21 idk what you guys are seeing there

Apparently you want this de position filled no matter what..

Like the idea of trading up for a guy like watt or davis

I changed my mind on Barnett. I didn't like him because he's not as athletically gifted as the others, but he's so fundamentally sound and flat out produces. He tore up the SEC OT's for 3 years. When I think about his measurable, I want to shy away... but the production though. Idk. I go back and forth on him every day. Today I'm saying "The guy just knows how to get to the quarterback". Tomorrow I'll be saying "He's not athletic enough to be that productive against NFL linemen".

And Malik is all potential. His ceiling is extremely high and if you have faith in our coaching staff to get it out of him, then he will be a constant pro bowl caliber player at either DT or DE. He was being talked about as a future top 5 overall NFL pick after his sophomore season.

And of course I want the DE position filled. We need to pressure the quarterback and we were one of the worst in the NFL at doing it last year. Life will be easier on the entire defense if we become a better pass rushing team and that starts on the DL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: