Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders officially moving to Las Vegas (page 15)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HookEm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Here is where I have some questions with this move. Can Raider fans dominate a stadium each week?

I get the feeling your casual fans of opposing teams will now be open for a weekend in Vegas and a game. Popular teams like the Packers, Steelers, etc. who's fans travel well does the stadium lose some of that hometown feel?

he amount of Bronco fans in Utah alone could be a huge draw with the short trip there to Vegas.

The Raiders have a huge fanbase in the LA area and the drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas is only a four hour trip. Not to mention a round trip flight from San Francisco or Los Angeles to Vegas is around $100 and is only an hour flight.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
NickButera wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Has anyone placed the $100.00 PSL deposit? I was thinking about doing it because I wanted to get season tickets.

I'm about too, but don't know if I can because I'm not a current season ticket holder

Doesn't matter. Appears current season tickets holders will not first dibs.. which they should.

I called maybe 4-5 months ago and asked to be put on the list. They said we have no list. I said good, I should be the first one. They didn't find that funny. I laid my money down within five minutes after getting their email Tuesday. Then they sent the agreement which said no guarantee you'll get a season ticket Bucko. The PSL amount could be scary. We won't know for a while.

Yup I'm just waiting for the price. I'm in a booster club in AZ and a few of us share some season tickets currently. Already put down my deposit and if it's crazy high for the seats I want in Vegas I'll do the same think again.

How do booster clubs work and how do you join one? I really don't wanna put multiple grand down for a seat license.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark was on the radio said he offered Lou Wolff and his goons 20 % stake in order to knock down the Colisuem. In order to build 2 stadiums and they turned it down

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 of the most knowledgeable guys on the topic of the relocation were guest on a podcast and gave tons of good info about the project, how it happened and what to expect in the future as construction takes place.

http://lastwordonprofootball.com/2017/04/03/any-given-monday-nfl-podcast-episode-8-raiders-relocation-round-table-podcast-special/

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
NickButera wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Has anyone placed the $100.00 PSL deposit? I was thinking about doing it because I wanted to get season tickets.

I'm about too, but don't know if I can because I'm not a current season ticket holder

Doesn't matter. Appears current season tickets holders will not first dibs.. which they should.

I called maybe 4-5 months ago and asked to be put on the list. They said we have no list. I said good, I should be the first one. They didn't find that funny. I laid my money down within five minutes after getting their email Tuesday. Then they sent the agreement which said no guarantee you'll get a season ticket Bucko. The PSL amount could be scary. We won't know for a while.

Yup I'm just waiting for the price. I'm in a booster club in AZ and a few of us share some season tickets currently. Already put down my deposit and if it's crazy high for the seats I want in Vegas I'll do the same think again.

How do booster clubs work and how do you join one? I really don't wanna put multiple grand down for a seat license.

Booster clubs are just fan clubs for a certain team localized in an area. They have no direct connection to group seat packages outside of what each club does individually. Every club I have come across is different in how they are run but ours has a group or cabinet of club officers that organize and run the club. Most Booster clubs have recruiters that bring in new members and local area sports bars or restaurants where they meet to watch games and Raider events. Both are good resources to check out if you wish to join a club. Of course, any respectable club will have an online presence you can use as a resource for more info.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
2 of the most knowledgeable guys on the topic of the relocation were guest on a podcast and gave tons of good info about the project, how it happened and what to expect in the future as construction takes place.

http://lastwordonprofootball.com/2017/04/03/any-given-monday-nfl-podcast-episode-8-raiders-relocation-round-table-podcast-special/

Certainly paints a Rosy Picture that's what I took from it. Obviously jaded fans want it to flop completely. Dare I say it paints Mark as a smart businessman

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Mark was on the radio said he offered Lou Wolff and his goons 20 % stake in order to knock down the Colisuem. In order to build 2 stadiums and they turned it down

I asked about this on twitter with no response. The Davis family currently owns 47% of the Raiders which is the minimum amount required for Mark to retain controlling interest. Those of us who have been following this issue closely having been working under the assumption that Mark doesn't have a % of the team to give to facilitate deals. The Davis family is super house poor. So what gives? The A's ownership has acknowledged the offer but didn't want to get in the football business.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

Certainly paints a Rosy Picture that's what I took from it. Obviously jaded fans want it to flop completely. Dare I say it paints Mark as a smart businessman

I still wholeheartedly believe the Davis family will not own the team when it's all said and done:

1) Long-standing rumors the NFL wants the Davis family out. Primarily, because they would prefer owns without a budget.

2) The Vegas project needs to be a destination stadium to be successful. It WILL overrun.

3) Currently the way the deal is structured, it's way too much debt load for one person to reasonable mitigate risk.

I believe one of the two sites under consideration is owned by the Frettitas who I believe will eventually end up owning the team.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

I still wholeheartedly believe the Davis family will not own the team when it's all said and done:

1) Long-standing rumors the NFL wants the Davis family out. Primarily, because they would prefer owns without a budget.

2) The Vegas project needs to be a destination stadium to be successful. It WILL overrun.

3) Currently the way the deal is structured, it's way too much debt load for one person to reasonable mitigate risk.

I believe one of the two sites under consideration is owned by the Frettitas who I believe will eventually end up owning the team.
Doubt it.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope all oakland gear starts going on clearance so i can stock up

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Man I would love to score some authentics A Coop and Mack. Guess most Raider Images going to have to pack up and move lol

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

I don't know wouldn't this last two years been a perfect time to squeeze him out and bring an owner to keep the Oakland Market

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

I have to disagree with this, and the previous post by you.

The A's didn't "not want to get in the football business". The 20% was offered within the parameters of the stadium deal. Wolff was very interested in the 20%. But wanted nothing to do with the stadium deal that came with it.

The Davis family won't own the team - at some point. But that is only because Mark Davis has no heir and may have trouble with the estate tax. Nothing the NFL does at this point, nor the stadium, will play at all into his ownership of the team at this point.

Long standing rumors about the NFL wanting him out may have been true. But contingent on a wealthier owner capable of a stadium deal, or more competent business wise. However, that is essentially put to bed now. This stadium deal showed on both accounts Mark Davis has gotten it done. The NFL has no power to oust him, never did, but any pressure they could have exerted went out the window as he put together the Vegas stadium. Showing both significant business savvy and securing an unprecedented amount of public funding (and later, I believe an unprecedented amount of revenue streams through the stadium).

AFA the debt load, I have had similar concerns. But reading fully the detailed articles about it, it is in fact both doable and still fiscally healthy. If the naming rights as stated come through, and Legends (Jerry Jones' company) sells boxes and creates revenue as they are expected to, I think whatever you are informed by is a severe underestimation of just how much money this deal will make Davis. Tons. And enough to manage all the debt and then some.

I thought without Adelson this would be dead in the water. And it is because of the tremendous debt load. The ability to secure funding as quickly as Davis did with Bank of America after losing 2 partners speaks to just how profitable this looks to be. And the ability to secure that funding without giving up any team ownership and on traditional bank loan terms tells you all you need to know about what professional big money people think of the capacity of Davis to pay this loan back.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Man I would love to score some authentics A Coop and Mack. Guess most Raider Images going to have to pack up and move lol

I do not know why, maybe Nike is going to change them, but almost all jerseys are 25% off on NFL.com right now. They did not do this last year and I think it is all teams.
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/Tax-increase-yields-46M-for-Vegas-stadium-in-first-month-419789364.html

Quote:
Taxpayers contributed more than $4.6 million for an NFL stadium in Las Vegas during March, when an increase on area hotel taxes went into effect to cover the state's share of the project.

Preliminary figures provided local officials show the monthly tax collections for the stadium that the Oakland Raiders want to call home are above what officials had projected.

Unsure what happened to Tax revenues over projections other than going to the raiders. More money for the stadium should help all around, cost overruns, lowering loan amounts, maybe even lower PSA's if we're lucky (doubt it). This is a good start

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: