FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Raiders officially moving to Las Vegas (page 15)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BayRaider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the stadium is called anything but Bank of America stadium I'd be surprised.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wynn baby
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
If the stadium is called anything but Bank of America stadium I'd be surprised.

I think the Panthers currently play in BofA Stadium

Smack on the new sig
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to vegas guys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://lastwordonprofootball.com/2017/03/13/las-vegas-stadium-financing-relocation/

Phenomenal article consolidating all the financial information up to date.

What I didn't know, is the G4 loan is paid back to the league by money that would have gone to the league anyway... not sure if that's in our case or all cases. But that's literally free money, that's crazy. Also interesting to see projected revenues. Super informative.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
http://lastwordonprofootball.com/2017/03/13/las-vegas-stadium-financing-relocation/

What I didn't know, is the G4 loan is paid back to the league by money that would have gone to the league anyway... not sure if that's in our case or all cases. But that's literally free money, that's crazy. Also interesting to see projected revenues. Super informative.

This stadium looks like it may be a good deal for all parties involved. There is a lot of taxpayer money involved but this looks like this could be the outlier stadium that is good for the community. UNLV is getting a great deal. Only has to pay operating cost for what they use specifically, have no upfront costs, and keep all revenue including digital and changeable signage.
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

This stadium looks like it may be a good deal for all parties involved. There is a lot of taxpayer money involved but this looks like this could be the outlier stadium that is good for the community. UNLV is getting a great deal. Only has to pay operating cost for what they use specifically, have no upfront costs, and keep all revenue including digital and changeable signage.

If the naming rights revenue is as much as they are newly projecting, that's like icing on the cake for owners. Looks like there's going to be lots of large revenue streams for the owners to tap into in the negotiating. Makes sense, it's Vegas. Vegas beings in money.

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Breer wrote:
Sources: NFL has set range of $325M-$375M for Raiders' relocation fee, some $300M less than Chargers/Rams fees. Door to Vegas open.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Albert Breer wrote:
Sources: NFL has set range of $325M-$375M for Raiders' relocation fee, some $300M less than Chargers/Rams fees. Door to Vegas open.

I think this is simply cause the league knows it's gonna happen already and that the money isn't gonna be an issue. Just the league making an easy buck IMO...

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Albert Breer wrote:

I think this is simply cause the league knows it's gonna happen already and that the money isn't gonna be an issue. Just the league making an easy buck IMO...

Huh...that doesn't make sense. There is always a relo fee. How it is determined is different for every situation. Reference the section at the end so titled in the below article...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Albert Breer wrote:

That's actually a low relocation fee. LA was 600+ million. This makes it easier for the raiders to relocate, the league looks like they're actually throwing a bone to the raiders, opposed to putting up another obstacle.

drfrey13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Albert Breer wrote:

That's actually a low relocation fee. LA was 600+ million. This makes it easier for the raiders to relocate, the league looks like they're actually throwing a bone to the raiders, opposed to putting up another obstacle.

LA was that high because of the earning potential of such a large market. Does anybody know what the relocation fee was for the previous team to move before the Rams? I think the league is giving a little discount considering the Raiders did get screwed out of LA twice and we are the only team out of the three that truly gave the home town a shot at getting something done. I would say it had something to do with the public funding but that would be a reason for the league to increase the fee so they get a bigger piece of the free money.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Albert Breer wrote:

They realize Oakland is not bringing anything to the table, and a new stadium in Vegas is big for the overall NFL brand, this league can't have it's teams playing in dumps.
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Albert Breer wrote:

LA was that high because of the earning potential of such a large market. Does anybody know what the relocation fee was for the previous team to move before the Rams? I think the league is giving a little discount considering the Raiders did get screwed out of LA twice and we are the only team out of the three that truly gave the home town a shot at getting something done. I would say it had something to do with the public funding but that would be a reason for the league to increase the fee so they get a bigger piece of the free money.

Yea, LA set the precedent. There was nothing before to compare it too. The last Relo fee was 1998 when the titans moved to Tenn at 29 million. 20 years ago.

The league said they hired an independant firm to study this from different angles to determine relocation fees according to an ESPN article.

Quote:
“We’ve engaged an outside firm to help us look at various ways to analyze it,” Grubman said at the NFL spring owners meeting in San Francisco this week. “That’ not to say that our finance staff is not capable of doing any of the analysis, but sometimes it’s good to have an independent mind take a look at it. And so we’ve engaged a firm to help us and the committee do that.

“But we are not very far along in that. They are just sort of designing the analysis, and we’re debating the different ways it can be looked at, and the different time frames it can be looked at. My best guess is that a relocation fee wouldn’t be defined until well toward the end of the process.”

The last time the NFL had a team go through the relocation process was in 1998, when the Houston Oilers moved to Nashville, Tennessee, where the franchise was renamed the Tennessee Titan.

According to a study performed by Vanderbilt University economics professor John Vrooman, the Titans paid $29 million to the league in relocation fees.

However, with the St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders all contemplating moves to a much bigger market in Los Angeles, relocation fees likely will reflect the possibility of higher revenues generated within that market.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/169486/nfl-takes-a-closer-look-at-relocation-fees

This was an analysis from the LA move. Regardless, the league could have standardized it and charged us 500 million pretty easily if they really wanted the money. Especially with reports that the total annual revenue will be higher than initially thought. I've read a couple article, everyone is pretty much in agreement that the league took it easy for Relo fee's in our case. It's true, there's not much stopping the league from charging us another 100 million or more

MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping 9 owners say no. I think it'll be around 6 or so, but I think this move happens Sad. I don't think the Raiders in Vegas will end well. Would much rather have seen them in LA in a perfect world if they were gonna move.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 12 of 23

Jump to: