FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Raiders officially moving to Las Vegas (page 15)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
NTL, your thoughts on a San Diego move? I was against it at first due to the Chargers recently moving from there but San Diego has always had way more Raider fans than Charger fans and San Diego really is the most beautiful city this country has.

I don't think that is even on Mark's radar. Doubt it's a realistic option. If something changes that moves it up, I'll look into it. Mark is still focused on Vegas and Oak is still messing around with Fortress Group. But as I said, my goal is a new stadium period. ASAP.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mark needs to accept the sad reality that his current home doesn't have the money or ability to help him and that anyone else from an outside interest is going to want a piece of the team that he doesn't want to give up because he simply is poor when it comes to NFL owner wealth levels. He needs to take a step back and re-evaluate his options. Yes the coliseum is dated but some of the descriptions people give it that have never set foot in the place are downright unfair and biased.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
I think Mark needs to accept the sad reality that his current home doesn't have the money or ability to help him and that anyone else from an outside interest is going to want a piece of the team that he doesn't want to give up because he simply is poor when it comes to NFL owner wealth levels. He needs to take a step back and re-evaluate his options. Yes the coliseum is dated but some of the descriptions people give it that have never set foot in the place are downright unfair and biased.

I think he always has this in his head. But I don't think he's done trying to get things moving in Vegas. Adelson is meeting with the Owners this weekend after the SB. We'll see what comes of this. If we get clarity on if they come back to the table or if something else is worked out. Too much money in the air for these guys to screw this up without all the stops pulled out. I can see Kraft, with his close relationship, seeing the past days events and reaching out to get Adelson back to the table and acting as a go between the 2 sides.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/nfl-vegas/how-much-money-do-raiders-really-need-build-las-vegas-stadium

More information. I didn't know some of these numbers. Vikings stadium was 1.1 billion. Falcons stadium, second most expensive built was 1.5 billion. Another 2-4 hundred on top of the existing 1.25 they have would build them something extravagant.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
true2form

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:

Unfortunately, that sounds unfair and biased to me. I've never been there, but the fact that the stadium is 50 years old is all anyone really needs to know. Throw in that it's still the only shared stadium with a baseball team and all of the sewage issues and it's pretty clear to anyone that a new stadium is not only needed, it's necessary.

I'm sure everyone would be happiest if that's in Oakland, but Oakland hasn't been able to come through yet. Al had been trying to get this team a new stadium since at least the 80's. Think about that.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/nfl-vegas/how-much-money-do-raiders-really-need-build-las-vegas-stadium

More information. I didn't know some of these numbers. Vikings stadium was 1.1 billion. Falcons stadium, second most expensive built was 1.5 billion. Another 2-4 hundred on top of the existing 1.25 they have would build them something extravagant.

In order to be successful in Vegas it needs to be a destination stadium a la Jerry Jones World ($2B). Vegas architecture is surreal. The stadium will be on that level. Vegas doesn't cut corners with its entertainment facilities. It will be incredible. Remember the stadium will have to compete with other excellent venues in the off-season. It's a very very competitive market.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders still saying Vegas will happen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adelson pulled out. Goldman Sachs pulled out and Majestic is in limbo. That tells me Adelson has tremendous pull in Vegas. Adelson wanted more. More of what? Everyone said he knew he couldn't get part of the team. Did he think he could? Goodell put a stop to that. This doesn't look good. I thought this would be good for the Raiders. New stadium, no state tax. Great City for entertainment. Now what?
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those thinking that Adelson is the only big fish in town are dead wrong. Plenty of big fish and banks out there (Wynn, Frettitas, Ruffin, Paulson, Kerkorian, JPM, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Citi, Barclays and etc.).

Those that believe the NFL and the team will not work hard to get deal done with the most public money in history made available are crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Wynn Baby
NickButera

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exaclty. The head of the stadium authority publicly said he has been contacted by more than ten individuals or companies, some banks, etc interested in helping the riders finance the stadium.

Political or not, Badain said financing will not be a problem and are still committed to Las Vegas.

Despite setbacks, I can't see the move not happening. Worst case, if an extra financer isn't in contract by the NFL meetings, I'd say the league gives the raiders a year extension to shore up everything before voting yes.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Exaclty. The head of the stadium authority publicly said he has been contacted by more than ten individuals or companies, some banks, etc interested in helping the riders finance the stadium.

Political or not, Badain said financing will not be a problem and are still committed to Las Vegas.

Despite setbacks, I can't see the move not happening. Worst case, if an extra financer isn't in contract by the NFL meetings, I'd say the league gives the raiders a year extension to shore up everything before voting yes.

The Adelson/GS thing was a PR nightmare but really just opened the door for new investors. I tend to agree that there is no chance the NFL leaves $750m in public funding hanging. It might not be as smooth as once imagined, but I still think Vegas is happening.

Smack on the new sig
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 11m11 minutes ago
More
#NFL source said #Raiders exec Marc Badain told the league the team has two banks ready to loan money for the Las Vegas project.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
There's 1.25 billion committed to the stadium without Adelson or Goldman Sachs. That's plenty of money to build a stadium. Also, where's the money the NFL would kick in?

$1.25B is not nearly enough to build a destination stadium in 2017. Building a newer version of the exact same stadium defeats the whole purpose of rebuilding. Mark needs more luxury boxes to attract the type of high dollar spenders that will make the stadium profitable.

The coliseum has 143 luxury suites with a maximum capacity of 63,000, Levi has 175 suites with a 75'000 capacity, it sounds to me the ratio of suites to regular seating is about identical. Mark may have to bite the bullet for now and stay put or just sell off the team.

There's quite a bit of difference between ratio and more . . .

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bank of America...
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/source-bank-america-commits-help-finance-raiders-stadium-vegas?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 11 of 23

Jump to: