You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders officially moving to Las Vegas (page 15)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drfrey13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Report: San Diego reaches out to league about Raiders with Las Vegas deal up in air

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/01/report-san-diego-reaches-out-to-league-about-raiders-with-las-vegas-deal-up-in-air/

Oh God No

Stadium near gas lamp would be LIT. Might move out there.

Same here. San Diego is the most beautiful city in America. Get the Raiders and I might consider moving from NorCal. Just so expensive down there.

Definitely. Anywhere near Coronado is gonna be nuts.

I was thinking of moving to Vegas before. My wife and kids thought I was crazy but I am sure they would be all in with a move San Diego. Just have to find a job. I wonder if the Raiders are hiring? Laughing

I just asked them and they all smiled like it was Christmas morning.
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you guys think the Raiders would get a new stadium in SD when the Chargers didn't get one?
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
DC4_Life wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
DC4_Life wrote:
this.... why not just give 500M to the 9ers and just share Levis Stadium... it's not even in San Francisco, it's basically in San Jose a neutral site. The stadium is white, one of our colors... Mark screwed that up years ago, but I would go crawling back... San Jose would be ideal...

White?
the outside of the stadium, actually building.. seats are red because it's the 9ers home, but that would easily be changed

Easily changed? Are you serious?

Sure man... just remove 70,000 red sets and sell them to a division 3 college. Everyone grab a wrench!!
Another not so well thought out idea. Literally nobody wanted to share a stadium with the niners and still don't
I'm sure the 500 Million Mark was willingly to use to move to Las Vegas would easily create some innovative solution to the seats, and add more customization for Raider home game.. Plus wouldn't have to pay that 300 m moving fee
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
What makes you guys think the Raiders would get a new stadium in SD when the Chargers didn't get one?
love SD... I was just in cornado working out....
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be geeked for SD. We're a much better fit for LA imo, and I doubt we'd have enough $$$ to chip in if SD wouldn't help Spanos out, but I'd go to at least one game down there a year
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:

I don't know the situation, but it sounded as if SD could have worked something out in time but Spanos wanted the move.

SD for the Raiders... I could get behind. Love that city and the fanbase is massive down there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:

I don't know the situation, but it sounded as if SD could have worked something out in time but Spanos wanted the move.

SD for the Raiders... I could get behind. Love that city and the fanbase is massive down there.

Yeah I would endorse this moreso than Vegas. In going down in 2 weeks and keep going because I love the weather and the city. It would be weird taking over SD from a division rival, but if you've ever been to a Raiders game in San Diego you would know we aready own that city as far a fanbase size goes. I think it really should be looked at. We would still have our huge base of fans in LA and NoCal also.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
drfrey13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:

Yeah I would endorse this moreso than Vegas. In going down in 2 weeks and keep going because I love the weather and the city. It would be weird taking over SD from a division rival, but if you've ever been to a Raiders game in San Diego you would know we aready own that city as far a fanbase size goes. I think it really should be looked at. We would still have our huge base of fans in LA and NoCal also.

In the original thread about relocation I said my perfect scenario would be the Chargers going to LA and we move to San Diego. That way when the LA Chargers fail,and they will, they will not have a home to go back to.
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/stadium-saga-evolves-project-sits-financial-limbo

Adelson is just power playing. He's invested way too much at this point to walk away entirely. The league won't say no to this much free money either. Money talks. And in this case there's just way too much involved for this to dissipate. Somethings going to happen to make this work, common sense says anyway.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/stadium-saga-evolves-project-sits-financial-limbo

Adelson is just power playing. He's invested way too much at this point to walk away entirely. The league won't say no to this much free money either. Money talks. And in this case there's just way too much involved for this to dissipate. Somethings going to happen to make this work, common sense says anyway.

Common sense would've had us return to LA, a gigantic media market, as an up and coming playoff team with a trio of young, classy stars. (still bitter)

But hey, the Rams and Chargers are definitely competent enough to field terrific teams in the near future and win over fans
NickButera

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Common sense would've had us return to LA, a gigantic media market, as an up and coming playoff team with a trio of young, classy stars. (still bitter)

But hey, the Rams and Chargers are definitely competent enough to field terrific teams in the near future and win over fans

Common sense from a monetary perspective I mean. This is the nfl.....follow the money and you find answers. It's sad, but true.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NTL, your thoughts on a San Diego move? I was against it at first due to the Chargers recently moving from there but San Diego has always had way more Raider fans than Charger fans and San Diego really is the most beautiful city this country has.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just get something done... this crap is embarrassing
G

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in Diego for Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday
I'll be in Vegas for EDC
Can't lose. Twisted Evil
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Common sense from a monetary perspective I mean. This is the nfl.....follow the money and you find answers. It's sad, but true.

Rams make sense (hate saying that). But I don't get why Spanos had the first crack at it, I guess.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 10 of 23

Jump to: