Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders officially moving to Las Vegas (page 15)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Raiders officially moving to Las Vegas (page 15) Reply with quote

The last one is nearing 100 pages. Let's start a new one with the breaking news that the Chargers are officially moving to Los Angeles! This is huge for us as it officially eliminates 1/3 of our options. It's pretty much down to Oakland and Las Vegas now, with LV being the more likely option. I dig it.

RAIDERS OFFICIALLY MOVING TO LAS VEGAS

Quote:
@BairCSN

Headed to a press conference where league will formally announce Raiders relocation to Vegas. 31-1. Done deal

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.

Last edited by RaidersAreOne on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one, but two bad teams nobody cares about. Great.
CaptainInsano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the move to Vegas. Really? The Las Vegas Raiders? I just can't get on board, but I'm aware it's an extremely slim chance they stay in oakland at this point. It hurts, man.
Trojan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why so many forum posters like the idea of leaving Oakland. Do none of you go to the games? I go to all of the home games and this would be a crushing blow. I don't care that the coliseum isn't pretty and neither does anyone in my section, at least on Sundays. The only complaint I've ever heard at the coliseum was about the A's and their baseball diamond in the early weeks. Even a new coliseum in Oakland most likely skyrockets our season ticket prices. I wish they'd just upgrade the locker rooms or medical facilities or whatever players are demanding and stay in the place they are. It's a great location with Bart attached too.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i live in LA and i'd rather make a weekend trip to vegas than oakland any day. if i want to get a hotel walking distance from the stadium, there's nothing to do in the area except go to wing stop
CerealKiller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be some hot tailgating
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why hasn't Mark tried Portland? That city is so cool... I prefer the Raiders stay in California, but we got screwed with LA and Bay Area isn't looking good with 9ers owning San Jose and SF. I don't get why the Raiders didn't trying to share Levi's Stadium..It's located in a neutral site, outside of San Jose (I went to Wrestlemania) Cool Sacramento would be another ideal city like Portland but seems MONEY is in Vegas... going be hard to make it to games... lucky to go once a year...
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming Las Vegas would be a future Super Bowl site, the Raiders would have a chance to be the 1st team to play at home.
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
why hasn't Mark tried Portland? That city is so cool... I prefer the Raiders stay in California, but we got screwed with LA and Bay Area isn't looking good with 9ers owning San Jose and SF. I don't get why the Raiders didn't trying to share Levi's Stadium..It's located in a neutral site, outside of San Jose (I went to Wrestlemania) Cool Sacramento would be another ideal city like Portland but seems MONEY is in Vegas... going be hard to make it to games... lucky to go once a year...

You just answered your own question
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't live in Oakland. I live in Colorado so I only get to go to one Raiders game a year. If they were in Vegas, I could probably go to 3 or 4. I feel bad for the fans in Oakland but cities shouldn't be held hostage by franchises and forced to foot the bill for a stadium they can't afford.

From the Raiders/Mark Davis' perspective, you need a stadium and Vegas is willing to pay for it. There's a lot of money to be made, a new market to tap into and an existing fan base that travels well historically. It just makes sense.

Smack on the new sig
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad that Oakland couldn't get something done. Still, IDK if they'll get 75% of owners in.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL will regret this quickly. The Rams are awful and have no 1st round pick. Chargers have an aging QB, no head coach, TERRIBLE owner, etc.

I'd rather see the LA eXtreme from the XFL.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
NFL will regret this quickly. The Rams are awful and have no 1st round pick. Chargers have an aging QB, no head coach, TERRIBLE owner, etc.

I'd rather see the LA eXtreme from the XFL.

For real though. Ratings for Raiders games are higher here than the SoCal teams

The NFL will regret purposely edging us out of the conversation. Why in the world would you want 2 incompetent franchises to stink it up in one of the largest media markets? Are they really that bitter about Al Davis' moving antics back in the day? Or is it just that Stan's finances for the new stadium made it that much more appealing? Because if so, that's hella short-sighted imo. I think it's a mix of both honestly.
daineraider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trojan wrote:
I don't get why so many forum posters like the idea of leaving Oakland. Do none of you go to the games? I go to all of the home games and this would be a crushing blow. I don't care that the coliseum isn't pretty and neither does anyone in my section, at least on Sundays. The only complaint I've ever heard at the coliseum was about the A's and their baseball diamond in the early weeks. Even a new coliseum in Oakland most likely skyrockets our season ticket prices. I wish they'd just upgrade the locker rooms or medical facilities or whatever players are demanding and stay in the place they are. It's a great location with Bart attached too.

The stadium in a piece of crap and everything needs to be updated. The bathrooms are awful and they have had a lot of issues with the plumbing on site. The area it is in is sketchy and I had my window shattered along with about 25 other vehicles right in a row the last time I parked there. The Bart is convienent, but trying to leave the game takes forever to get onto a train. I get why people from the Bay would be pissed about Vegas, but I can get to Vegas cheap and it isn't far. Plus Vegas has some of the cheapest flights from any city.

I do like the game day experience in Oakland, although I wouldn't exactly call it a family friendly venue. I would be fine with staying, but I would like a better stadium to visit.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
true2form

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Trojan wrote:

The stadium in a piece of crap and everything needs to be updated. The bathrooms are awful and they have had a lot of issues with the plumbing on site. The area it is in is sketchy and I had my window shattered along with about 25 other vehicles right in a row the last time I parked there. The Bart is convienent, but trying to leave the game takes forever to get onto a train. I get why people from the Bay would be pissed about Vegas, but I can get to Vegas cheap and it isn't far. Plus Vegas has some of the cheapest flights from any city.

I do like the game day experience in Oakland, although I wouldn't exactly call it a family friendly venue. I would be fine with staying, but I would like a better stadium to visit.

Besides the obvious that we don't all live in Oakland....

I've never been to a Raiders game. Just haven't been able to swing a trip like that. Now I'll have a chance to kill two birds since I've never been to Vegas either.

It would suck if I lived in the Bay area. I get that. However, it seems to be in the teams best interest to go where the money, marketing, and new stadium can allow them to flourish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: