Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers expected to move to Los Angeles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 7090
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
I'm debating between free agency and retirement.

Should I test free agency and pick a new team to root for? If so, what team?

or

Simply retire from watching the NFL.

Give me tips.


You could become a Patriots fan.

Join us on the dark side.
_________________
Adopt-a-Pat
2014 - Rob Gronkowski TE: Rec: 82 Yds: 1124 TD: 12
2015 - Rob Ninkovich DE: Tkl: 52 Sck: 6.5 FF: 1 FR: 1 INT: 0 PD: 7
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20773
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
@DjamesIII wrote:
Per source, #Chargers QB Phillip Rivers is not interested in a move to LA, and #49ers are interested suitors.


But I'm intentionally ignoring context doe
Buckner and #2. Let's make it happen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 3886
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Buckner and #2. Let's make it happen.


You really think Phillip is worth that much? Especially to a team that has arguably the lowest talent base in the entire league?

It would be like the Sixers dealing their 1st overall draft pick to NY for Carmelo Anthony.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 7219
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
Buckner and #2. Let's make it happen.


You really think Phillip is worth that much? Especially to a team that has arguably the lowest talent base in the entire league?

It would be like the Sixers dealing their 1st overall draft pick to NY for Carmelo Anthony.


Not to them but to Denver maybe... no players though just draft picks. Rivers on that team would be a force.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 35143
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
@DjamesIII wrote:
Per source, #Chargers QB Phillip Rivers is not interested in a move to LA, and #49ers are interested suitors.


But I'm intentionally ignoring context doe

No, you're just acting salty. Laughing

Congratulations. A Niners beat writer says he has an anonymous source who says Rivers isn't interested in the move (despite direct quotes on the radio from Rivers the day following the move announcement that spoke to nothing of the sort), and said Niners beat writer is connecting the Niners. He couldn't even pay enough attention to spell "Philip's" name correctly. That doesn't exactly speak well to his credibility.

The Tennessee beat writers did this and basically fabricated the majority of the stories of the Chargers having interest in using Rivers as a trade chip to move up for Mariota two years ago.

The LA Times owns the San Diego Union Tribune. The "sources" who would have actually spoken to Rivers and have the best read on his intentions are the same ones that have been writing on him for the past decade.

But yeah... what would they know:
@sdutKevinAcee wrote:
One more time, Philip Rivers is not pushing a trade to 49ers. He has no-trade clause. He's fine with LA. From Philip.

_________________

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20773
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
Buckner and #2. Let's make it happen.


You really think Phillip is worth that much? Especially to a team that has arguably the lowest talent base in the entire league?

It would be like the Sixers dealing their 1st overall draft pick to NY for Carmelo Anthony.


Not to them but to Denver maybe... no players though just draft picks. Rivers on that team would be a force.
Why? Imagine Buckner and Bosa on our DL for the next 10+ years. OOOOOOO!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ramssuperbowl99


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 35257
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
I'm debating between free agency and retirement.

Should I test free agency and pick a new team to root for? If so, what team?

or

Simply retire from watching the NFL.

Give me tips.
Fanhood isn't really a choice. The closest thing I can come up with as an analogy is it's like being attracted to someone, you either are or you aren't. You can try and convince yourself to be a fan or not be a fan, but I think it's better to just let it happen on it's own.

So I'd say either retire from watching the NFL or just watch games that interest you without having a dedicated team.
_________________

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 35143
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
I'm debating between free agency and retirement.

Should I test free agency and pick a new team to root for? If so, what team?

or

Simply retire from watching the NFL.

Give me tips.
Fanhood isn't really a choice. The closest thing I can come up with as an analogy is it's like being attracted to someone, you either are or you aren't. You can try and convince yourself to be a fan or not be a fan, but I think it's better to just let it happen on it's own.

So I'd say either retire from watching the NFL or just watch games that interest you without having a dedicated team.

Yeah. I'd say do what The-Artist-Formerly-Known-as-JPep and I did when the Rams originally left LA and go Ronin for a couple years. Just watch football with no commitment to one particular team, maybe just be a fan of particular players and see if you find yourself organically drawn to another franchise.
_________________

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6852
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think if this has been brought up in the 20+ pages of this thread, but does anyone else think a move to a smaller, but untapped market like Portland or San Antonio would have been better?

I would have liked to see the Chargers move out of the state at into one of those cities where the population has a conditioned sports fanbase but have imported other NFL teams as theirs. The franchise could also take an real opportunity for a complete rebrand like the Ravens or Titans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59113
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
I'm debating between free agency and retirement.

Should I test free agency and pick a new team to root for? If so, what team?

or

Simply retire from watching the NFL.

Give me tips.


If you like watching torture or live executions, the Browns are your team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lucario


Joined: 20 Dec 2016
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
@DjamesIII wrote:
Per source, #Chargers QB Phillip Rivers is not interested in a move to LA, and #49ers are interested suitors.


But I'm intentionally ignoring context doe
Buckner and #2. Let's make it happen.


Why would a rebuilding team give up that much for a 35-year-old QB? Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyle21121


Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Posts: 11000
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucario wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
@DjamesIII wrote:
Per source, #Chargers QB Phillip Rivers is not interested in a move to LA, and #49ers are interested suitors.


But I'm intentionally ignoring context doe
Buckner and #2. Let's make it happen.


Why would a rebuilding team give up that much for a 35-year-old QB? Confused


Jed York gonna do Jed York things
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lucario


Joined: 20 Dec 2016
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3431
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my choices are:

1) Be a Browns fan
2) Be a Pats fan
3) Retire

Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1766
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
Lucario wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
@DjamesIII wrote:
Per source, #Chargers QB Phillip Rivers is not interested in a move to LA, and #49ers are interested suitors.


But I'm intentionally ignoring context doe
Buckner and #2. Let's make it happen.


Why would a rebuilding team give up that much for a 35-year-old QB? Confused


Jed York gonna do Jed York things


If Rivers doesn't want to be in LA for cultural reasons, why would SF be any better? Like a trade to Houston would make a lot more sense, except because of Brock's contract the Texans cant afford that
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group