You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TCM Off Season- Roster Complete- Judge Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How would you feel if this was the Eagle offseason?
Super Bowl baby!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Really good, this could be a playoff team
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
I'd be pretty happy but there are still holes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Meh. Don't quit your day job brah
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty bad but still way better than Chip Kelly did in real life.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
One thing that scares me about college WRs nowadays is the free releases they're constantly getting because of the spread offenses. I watched two highlight vids of Carlos not once did I see a corner in press, boy if I played today I'd be a first round pick. [/oldmanrant]

In the gif posted right above us the guy is playing press isn't he?? Not only does he beat that, but then he goes up over top of the guy for the catch.

The CB is lined up near the LOS but the execution is not great. He's given ground the entire time he doesn't really get a jam.
No doubt good concentration on the catch but better throw. The QB put that on a track in a spot where the DB couldn't react to it. I wouldn't say Carlos goes over the top.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the following analysis from a poster as an off-season breakdown of what I did with this mock

Quote:
The Eagles, as run by EaglesPeteC.

Building off of last years rookie QB Carson Wentz with trading up to select a complimentary running game with Dalvin Cook that might give a Brian Westbrook-esque vibe to his offseason strategy. He also added a massive emphasis on adding talent in a shotgun manner to the wide receiver corps. He maintained much of his offensive line, but did swap out his center. The Eagles defensive line is still one of the best, but he drafted Keionta Davis who is a small school potential developmental standout, this is a great place for him to develop though. The Eagles defense at other levels are a bit of a question mark. Here’s to Wentz taking a step forward with his weapons and Dalvin Cook to become a bastardized modern greatest show on turf.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Got the following analysis from a poster as an off-season breakdown of what I did with this mock

Quote:
The Eagles, as run by EaglesPeteC.

Building off of last years rookie QB Carson Wentz with trading up to select a complimentary running game with Dalvin Cook that might give a Brian Westbrook-esque vibe to his offseason strategy. He also added a massive emphasis on adding talent in a shotgun manner to the wide receiver corps. He maintained much of his offensive line, but did swap out his center. The Eagles defensive line is still one of the best, but he drafted Keionta Davis who is a small school potential developmental standout, this is a great place for him to develop though. The Eagles defense at other levels are a bit of a question mark. Here’s to Wentz taking a step forward with his weapons and Dalvin Cook to become a bastardized modern greatest show on turf.

Did someone compare dalvin cook to brian westbrook?
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I really like every pick except Henderson I am not very impressed by. Considering we already drafted and signed a bunch of WRs in your off-season, I would have looked elsewhere. But I still think this might end up being better than whatever we really do.

My biggest issue is you've been especially redundant at some positions, which I completely understand in some cases. I like Pocic but I think we need at least one more lineman, preferably a tackle. If our last three picks were CB, oline, and DT, I think that is ideal assuming good players are there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
So far I really like every pick except Henderson I am not very impressed by. Considering we already drafted and signed a bunch of WRs in your off-season, I would have looked elsewhere. But I still think this might end up being better than whatever we really do.

My biggest issue is you've been especially redundant at some positions, which I completely understand in some cases. I like Pocic but I think we need at least one more lineman, preferably a tackle. If our last three picks were CB, oline, and DT, I think that is ideal assuming good players are there.

My plan wasn't to draft another WR in the 5th but...

a) Henderson was sticking way out on my board
b) He is a returner and Sproles will soon be out the door
c) Agohlor should be gone in 2018, Devin Smith might not make the team, Jordan Matthews is a Free Agent in 2018 and Pierre Garcon is on a short term deal.

I am planning on grabbing a FB in the 7th if I can. We are also doing UDFA's.

I thought about a OT and the next couple players I considered in the 5th were OT's but Barbre can play G and T, so I feel like we have 2 good backups. Will look to add one in 7th or UDFA.

CB- yeah I'd like to take another

DT- I feel like I am 4 deep with the same four we have last year and I like Aziz too as a 5th. Wouldn't hurt to have another but not gonna force it.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get UDFA's too then I'd wait on a FB and go after something more important.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
If you can get UDFA's too then I'd wait on a FB and go after something more important.

I have 3 7ths and there is a FB that I think is really good and is well worth the 7th because he adds value in the passing game.

nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Jlash wrote:

I have 3 7ths and there is a FB that I think is really good and is well worth the 7th because he adds value in the passing game.

Sam Rogers?
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With the 224th pick the Philadelphia Eagles select 4845 Sam Rogers FB VT

Dougy P comes from an offense where they like to utilize a true FB which the Eagles currently lack on their roster. What I really like about Rogers is his pass catching ability and his ability to be used as an H-back/TE role. Drafting Rogers will allow the Eagles to phase out aging blocking TE Brent Celek

2 more 7ths to go.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 232nd pick the Philadelphia Eagles select 4292 Des Lawrence CB UNC

A bit of my Tar Heel bias here but Lawrence is a long man corner with really good tackling skills. He could be a real steal in this draft.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick 235 Eagles select Storm Norton T Toledo

Giant T reminds me of King Dunlap.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Draft Thoughts?

1-11 (From NO)- Dalvin Cook RB FSU
2-55 (From NYG)- Ethan Pocic G/C LSU
3-90 (from TB)- Taywan Taylor WR WKU
4-132 (from DAL)- Marquez White CB FSU
4- 138(from NYJ)- Keionta Davis DE UT Chattanooga
5- 157- Carlos Henderson WR/KR LA Tech
7- 224 (from NYG)- Sam Rogers FB VT
7- 232- Des Lawrence CB UNC
7 (from CIN)- Storm Norton T Toledo

MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Final Draft Thoughts?

1-11 (From NO)- Dalvin Cook RB FSU
2-55 (From NYG)- Ethan Pocic G/C LSU
3-90 (from TB)- Taywan Taylor WR WKU
4-132 (from DAL)- Marquez White CB FSU
4- 138(from NYJ)- Keionta Davis DE UT Chattanooga
5- 157- Carlos Henderson WR/KR LA Tech
7- 224 (from NYG)- Sam Rogers FB VT
7- 232- Des Lawrence CB UNC
7 (from CIN)- Storm Norton T Toledo

Don't like Norton, meh on Lawrence, love Rogers. I already commented on previous picks individually. Overall I'd give your off-season an A

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
Thanks for following along and giving feedback. Much appreciated.

nlesthought

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving the offensive backfield.

a few projects, a couple slot WRs, overall Cook and Pocic highlight the draft. 3.25/5. I'll have to go back and look what you gave up for Dalvin.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: