Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals All Post-2000 Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably take Rudi > Gio.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I just don't remember being ever impressed by Simmons. But I guess that goes to show our lack of star power at linebacker over the years

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
I can agree that Whit should be LT. I just tried to get as many great players on the team as possible.

I can appreciate what you were doing. Just think if you were going to list the best Bengals players at each position since 2000 that Whit would occupy two spots.

Also, i agree that Simmons should be on the roster. Much better player than Keith Rivers ever was. More consistent, but probably a lower peak than Thurman...however i'd give him the nod over Thurman and have Burfict in there. Hell, i'd even have Dhani Jones in over Thurman and Rivers.

But think of how fun it would be to have both Odell and Burfict on the same team? Laughing

Joking aside, I would go Thurman > Simmons >>>>>> Rivers. The thing about Thurman especially looking at the other players we have on the defense is that he can create turnovers. Give me that guy...
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinbach was pretty damn good at his peak. I'd have him at LG, Whit at LT. Brahm, Williams, and Willie is solid for the rest.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Steinbach was pretty damn good at his peak. I'd have him at LG, Whit at LT. Brahm, Williams, and Willie is solid for the rest.

Good point. I forgot all about Steinbach. I could go either way with him and Zeitler.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That offense is just stacked. Just goes to show how we value positions. DT, LB, and S have been our weak points throughout the years.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint Boling and Kyle Cook would be guys that I considered missing the cut, especially Cook considering he got the starting job in 2009 as an undrafted player with almost no experience at all in his first 2 years in the league.

Rivers and Maualuga have no business even being considered. I'd put David Pollack over those 2 guys, he would of been a good one for sure had it not been for his injury.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Good point. I forgot all about Steinbach. I could go either way with him and Zeitler.

I blame Steinbach for the Palmer knee injury. I had blacked out his existence until you mentioned him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how potent our WRs are (Chad, AJ, TJ) along with Eifert, I think I would set the OL as

Whitworth-Steinbach-Brahm-Zeitler-Anderson

As much as I want to put Bobbie Williams at RG, Zeitler is better all around, and with Anderson beside him, Dillon will have plenty of room anyway because the three WRs will draw guys out of the box.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: