You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elway's got his guy: Vance Joseph new Broncos HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo, the fan base is coming unglued. I skipped through most of this thread because I don't care too much for finger pointing and chest pumping. Here's my take, not that it matters...

Elway's decision is based on nothing discussed here. He operates at a higher level than anyone here will ever comprehend. We're all grasping for "facts" to support our opinions because we're emotional and irrational creatures. It's very predictable. But it's also sad to see both sides tear each other apart. We're fans. We have one job and that's to SUPPORT each other and our team, even if it's irrational. There are 31 other teams that don't need any excuses to hate us, so don't give them anymore reasons. Go ahead and critique the selection, both current and upcoming. There will be successes and failures.

It's how we get through them, together, that matters most. So find a way...
"I don't think he was happy with the cologne I was wearing. I was wearing a lot of it and I guess he wasn't happy with it. I was on him a lot at the end of the game so everybody doesn't like my smell."
-Von Miller
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I'll just end it with this. I'm skeptical but hopeful, maybe Vance is the right hire. Maybe he's not. There are traits to like and there are traits to question. But I sure as hell am not going to sit here and get typecast as a hater or a racist or someone who does not know what he's talking about.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
Sooo, the fan base is coming unglued. I skipped through most of this thread because I don't care too much for finger pointing and chest pumping. Here's my take, not that it matters...

Elway's decision is based on nothing discussed here. He operates at a higher level than anyone here will ever comprehend. We're all grasping for "facts" to support our opinions because we're emotional and irrational creatures. It's very predictable. But it's also sad to see both sides tear each other apart. We're fans. We have one job and that's to SUPPORT each other and our team, even if it's irrational. There are 31 other teams that don't need any excuses to hate us, so don't give them anymore reasons. Go ahead and critique the selection, both current and upcoming. There will be successes and failures.

It's how we get through them, together, that matters most. So find a way...

Yep. It's just what happens in this forum.

I find it fun, though. When I joined my sophomore year in college this was how the forum was. I think it was the best time I've had being a member, which I guess some would say is a bit sad considering I don't personally know anyone that posts. Nor do I follow them on social media.

However, I love football. Have read books on coaching/scouting and one of my hobbies is watching and grading draft prospects.

I don't post on other sites, but looked into them back in college. This is the only place I've found where I can have mostly productive and insightful football conversations with knowledgeable people. My friends talking about this stuff just makes me laugh.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this place and I've thoroughly enjoyed the discussion here in the past few weeks. In spite of what some seem to be suggesting, this really isn't a very reactionary forum at this stage. I've seen a lot of productive back-and-forth argument about the merits of Vance and other candidates. My man AAA loves his hyperbole, but he's still making fair arguments.

Now, on other Broncos forums and social media, I'm sure they're treating this move as a sign of the apocalypse. We're a pretty reasonable group here though.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that 75% lost our minds in one way or another in 2009 is a unique case. I think a lot of us were in denial about how bad things could get because the worst we'd really experienced was mediocrity.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
I love this place and I've thoroughly enjoyed the discussion here in the past few weeks. In spite of what some seem to be suggesting, this really isn't a very reactionary forum at this stage. I've seen a lot of productive back-and-forth argument about the merits of Vance and other candidates. My man AAA loves his hyperbole, but he's still making fair arguments.

Now, on other Broncos forums and social media, I'm sure they're treating this move as a sign of the apocalypse. We're a pretty reasonable group here though.

This depends on the moves Vance makes. If we can get both McCoy and Musgrave that would help. But just McCoy? I'm not excited about that. Promoting Woods over Wade? It may have more long term potential unless Woods blows up into a hot HC candidate soon. However it really depends on how Vance will manage the flow of the game. How hands on will he be with the defense? How long is his leash? Is there not really a brighter mind than McCoy out there for an OC role?

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

This depends on the moves Vance makes. If we can get both McCoy and Musgrave that would help. But just McCoy? I'm not excited about that. Promoting Woods over Wade? It may have more long term potential unless Woods blows up into a hot HC candidate soon. However it really depends on how Vance will manage the flow of the game. How hands on will he be with the defense? How long is his leash? Is there not really a brighter mind than McCoy out there for an OC role?

I share every one of your concerns. I think a lot of the fans who favored the hire do as well. I don't think anybody is ready to call this a slam dunk.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

I mean who else is there? Teams can block lateral moves, you can promote up but that's certainly risky.

Not necessarily this forum but Broncos fan base is unbelievably fickle and spoiled. Most of us have barely seen a losing season sorry AKRNA you may be the only one to remember the 60s. But there can definitely be sky is falling moments with the fan base. I heard people think Peyton should come out of retirement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

I share every one of your concerns. I think a lot of the fans who favored the hire do as well. I don't think anybody is ready to call this a slam dunk.

I haven't seen it confirmed outside of rotoworld, but McCoy will surprise people. He's a good coach. Factor in this offense will have talent. Elway is going to go out and spend like he did on the defense a few years ago. I fully expect 2 established veterans added on the OL and maybe even a 3rd starter as a early round pick. He's going to build depth across the board as well.

This isn't a rebuild year. It's going to be a retool year. 2 major signings on offense. 1 on defense. And early round picks dedicated to players ready to contribute from day 1.

Elway isn't the type to sit back and take a few years. He has money and possibly 5 picks in the top 3 rounds. More so than any other year he's going out to hit homeruns and get this team back into SB contention.

Last edited by germ-x on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the hire I mean I feel like although the sample is small African American coaches have a very good success rate becoming head coaches. Dungy, Caldwell, Tomlin, Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis.

I think the biggest reason for this team's success going forward will be personel on both sides of the ball.

This offense will be better this defense will be stout.

I feel like Shanahan would of been the guy with a franchise qb in place. I don't feel comfortable him developing a qb.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
KingBishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to be competitive. I don't want a lay down and die offense that defense has to bail out. I want balance. If Vance can bring that then let's do this.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

germ-x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read some comments from Chris Harris on the hire on ESPN.

Obviously he wouldn't say anything negative, but he said the defense won't change and that talking with Houston players and others around the league and no one had anything negative to say and everybody loves him.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
I just want to be competitive. I don't want a lay down and die offense that defense has to bail out. I want balance. If Vance can bring that then let's do this.

I guess as long as we don't lay down and die like Vance's Dolphins did in the playoffs and the week prior against New England we will be okay. But we will never have play the Steelers or Patriots to get to the Super Bowl so we should be fine.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
KingBishop wrote:

I guess as long as we don't lay down and die like Vance's Dolphins did in the playoffs and the week prior against New England we will be okay. But we will never have play the Steelers or Patriots to get to the Super Bowl so we should be fine.

I've got nothing

thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do Vance Joseph have ties from for Mccoy to be on his staff? How's that process work? it's a shame we couldn't poach Oaklands qb coach.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: