You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elway's got his guy: Vance Joseph new Broncos HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be looking at not only OC but O Line coach and Tight Ends coach before I can fully analyze this hire.
If we retain any of the three offensive coaches outlined above, just one, then my view on this hire will sour.

Last edited by mke1010 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
champ11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapoport tweeted this

Quote:
Dominoes… LBs coach Matt Burke becomes #Dolphins DC. Joe Woods likely becomes #Broncos DC. Mike McCoy a strong candidate for DEN OC.

team rammy

BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this hiring leads to Wade leaving, it drops from a B to a D immediately.

We should have made this entire coaching search with Phillips blessing in mind. If he bolts, its on Elway. You don't sacrifice what you know you have for what might be. It almost seems like Elway is ready to call 2017 a rebuilding year. I cant for the life of me see any other reason that he would possible make a move that led to Wade leaving.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
Rapoport tweeted this

Quote:
Dominoes… LBs coach Matt Burke becomes #Dolphins DC. Joe Woods likely becomes #Broncos DC. Mike McCoy a strong candidate for DEN OC.

I hope this is false. Becos if it isn't, VJ already starting off on the wrong foot.

Not just from an on field issue stance but from a PR angle. Keeping Wade was the only way to go. It pacifies a huge portion of the fan base and it doesn't hurt the team short term.
If VJ really wanted to dump Wade, the smart move shd hv been next season. So, in my view, VJ is already falling short on the being smart rep.

Mind you, if that defense falls off even just a bit after Philips leaves, VJ owns it.
No real way one can look at letting Wade go as the smart move. Had he kept Wade and the D fell off, the more reason to fire him and not look bad for it. Like I said, makes no sense any way you look at it to get rid of the one coach all of Bronco Nation wanted back.

Last edited by mke1010 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're interviewing Musgrave and McCoy for OC job. Musgrave will win the job based on his record and experience developing young QB's.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If VJ really want to dump Wade, the smart move shd hv been next season.

Elway would know going into the hire that VJ wanted to move on from Wade. And Elway controls the hiring of VJ.

If Wade leaves, its 100% on Elway.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
We're interviewing Musgrave and McCoy for OC job. Musgrave will win the job based on his record and experience developing young QB's.

But McCoy sounds like he's first choice.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Why cuz they were linked a week ago? Musgrave hasn't been available even 24 hours yet... situations change.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Why cuz they were linked a week ago? Musgrave hasn't been available even 24 hours yet... situations change.

I am a little worried Raiders saw fit to essentially fire Musgrave. Teams almost never let "brilliant" up and coming coaches go voluntarily unless they are upgraded in employment by another team.

Last edited by mke1010 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
broncs4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everybody hates McCoy? He did a good job with Tebow and Manning.

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the incredible sig!!
Von Miller 2011 DROY and SB50 MVP!!!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs4life wrote:
Any idiot could succeed with Peyton Manning and the job he did with Tebow is so revered we almost forget the offense was still an abomination and we don't sniff playoffs if not for heroic play from our defense and special teams all year. I guess we should be excited that McCoy figured out Tebow can't throw? Not a huge revelation there.

Hand Mike McCoy, a nobody in the world of offensive minds, the keys to the offense and I will be furious.
broncofan48

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
broncs4life wrote:
Any idiot could succeed with Peyton Manning and the job he did with Tebow is so revered we almost forget the offense was still an abomination and we don't sniff playoffs if not for heroic play from our defense and special teams all year. I guess we should be excited that McCoy figured out Tebow can't throw? Not a huge revelation there.

Hand Mike McCoy, a nobody in the world of offensive minds, the keys to the offense and I will be furious.

San Diego has had a decent offense when he was there, clock management gaffes aside, so it's not like hes completely inept.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofan48 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

San Diego has had a decent offense when he was there, clock management gaffes aside, so it's not like hes completely inept.

Whisenhunt runs that offense and Rivers is a beast.
ElJefe7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
Rapoport tweeted this

Quote:

I hope this is false. Becos if it isn't, VJ already starting off on the wrong foot.

Not just from an on field issue stance but from a PR angle. Keeping Wade was the only way to go. It pacifies a huge portion of the fan base and it doesn't hurt the team short term.
If VJ really wanted to dump Wade, the smart move shd hv been next season. So, in my view, VJ is already falling short on the being smart rep.

Mind you, if that defense falls off even just a bit after Philips leaves, VJ owns it.
No real way one can look at letting Wade go as the smart move. Had he kept Wade and the D fell off, the more reason to fire him and not look bad for it. Like I said, makes no sense any way you look at it to get rid of the one coach all of Bronco Nation wanted back.

There is the old addage, if you listen to the fans you will be joining them soon.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTR, I like Vance Joseph. He seems like a great leader, he'll have a great rapport with the team's biggest personalities (our DBs) and he fits the team manager MO. He reminds me of Tomlin a lot.

And with our defensive personnel and all of Joe Woods' experience, maybe he'll do a fine job replacing one of the best defensive minds in NFL history. It's tough to swallow, but as long as we don't change schemes it shouldn't be a crushing blow.

But don't try to convince me we're all good when Elway looks at how disgusting our offense was all year and decides Mike McCoy should run the whole damn show. This is a joke.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: