You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clemson Tigers Thread-National Champions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Clemson Tigers Thread-National Champions Reply with quote

2016-17 results:

Regular Season:

@ Auburn: 19-13 W
Troy, 30-24 W
SC State, 59-0 W
@ Georgia Tech, 26-7 W
Louisville, 42-36 W
@ Boston College, 56-10 W
NC State, 24-17 W
@ Florida State, 37-34 W
Syracuse, 54-0 W
Pitt, 43-42 L
@ Wake, 35-13 W
South Carolina, 56-7 W

ACC Championship

Virginia Tech, 42-35 W

Semi-Finals

Ohio State, 31-0 W

National Championship

Alabama, 35-31

Head Coach: Dabo Swinney (Alabama 93, Alabama MBA 95)

Starting Lineup:

QB-Deshaun Watson, JR
RB-Wayne Gallman, RS-JR
WR-Mike Williams, RS-JR
WR-Artavis Scott, JR
WR-Hunter Renfrow, RS-SO
TE: Jordan Leggett, SR
LT: Mitch Hyatt, SO
LG: Taylor Hearn, RS-SO

C: Jay Guillermo, SR
RG: Tyrone Crowder, RS-JR
RT: Sean Pollard, FR

DE: Clelin Ferrell, RS-FR

DT: Carlos Watkins, RS-SR
DT: Dexter Lawrence, FR
DE: Christian Wilkins, SO
SLB: Dorian O'Daniel, RS-JR
MLB: Kendall Joseph, RS-SO

WLB: Ben Boulware, SR
CB: Cordrea Tankersley, SR
FS: Van Smith, SO
SS: Jadar Johnson, SR
CB: Ryan Carter, RS-JR

K: Greg Huegel, RS-SO

P: Andy Teasdall, RS-GR
PR: Artavis Scott, JR
KR: Artavis Scott, JR & CJ Fuller, RS-SO

*Bold is a returning starter*

2017 commitments (* ranking 247 composite):

Tee Higgins, WR, 5*
Hunter Johnson, QB, 5*
AJ Terrell, CB, 4*
Amari Rodgers, WR, 4*
Justin Foster, DE/LB, 4*
Jordan Williams, DE, 4*
LeAnthony Williams Jr., CB, 4*
Matt Bockhorst, OG, 4*
Chase Brice, QB, 4*
Logan Rudolph, DE, 4*
Noah DeHond, OT, 3*
Blake Vinson, OT, 3*
Baylon Spector, LB, 3*

2018 commitments (* ranking 247 composite):

Trevor Lawrence, QB, 5* (#1 overall)
Mike Jones Jr., LB, 4*
Jake Venables, LB, 3*

2017-18 Schedule:

9/2/17: Kent State
9/9/17: Auburn
ACC Schedule tbd
11/18/17: Citadel
11/25/17: @ South Carolina

Last edited by PAW on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
PAW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest positives heading into next year:

1. In terms of quantity, we return the most starters we have in a while (13/22 on both sides of the ball if Scott returns, 12/22 if he doesn't).
2. Return 4/5 of the OL
3. Return 3/4 of a dominant DL and have plenty of depth again; do we move Wilkins back inside or keep him where he is at is the only question
4. No coaching turnover
5. Will be our best defense in a while which should help offset all the key losses on offense
6. Punting can't get any worse, the entire country was introduced to our horrible punter Monday who thankfully graduates

Biggest offseason questions:

#1: QB-obviously this is by far the biggest and most important. Watson is the best player to ever go to Clemson, it is a joke he didn't win the Heisman at least once. Impossible to replace, but with what we have returning on defense we just need a good game manager. Obviously Kelly Bryant will enter spring the starter given Dabo's track record, but I really doubt he is our starter next year and if he is we are in huge trouble. I like Cooper the best and think he wins the job. Johnson isn't ready mentally. Brice is an interesting option as a game manager.

Likely starter heading into spring: Bryant
Spring battle will be really fun to read about: Bryant vs Cooper vs Johnson vs Brice

#2: RB-Gallman is one of the more underrated players by the fan base in the last decade. Outside of Watson, I doubt we will miss anyone more next year. We have recruited RB very poorly, and outside Feaster we have no one with game changing ability. Fingers crossed that Feaster improves his blocking and is the starter because with the ball he is dynamic. In addition, Richardson decommitted due to his grade situation so we have no RB committed.

Likely starter heading into spring: Fuller
Spring battle: Feaster vs Fuller vs Choice vs Dye

#3: Secondary replacements-We lose our best corner in Tankersley and our best safety in Johnson. Carter and Smith were the two worst starters on the defense so although they are returning it isn't like they are anything special and I wouldn't be surprised if they get passed. Another area we have recruited poorly compared to the rest of our roster, and losing McKinney to Bama when he was thought to be a lean is a huge loss considering he had a good chance to start day one. I'm hoping Terrell, Fields, or Mullen will really step up next year as they'll be the most talented CBs on campus. We need to get Wallace on the field more often, and I'm hoping Muse, Johnson, or Simmons gets in the lineup given their size/athleticism combination.

#4: Center-to get the best 5 linemen on the field, someone needs to change positions. If we just plug in Falcinellli, we will have a big talent drop. I'd like to see Simpson move to center to get him on the field, but I doubt they do that. Cervenka is also an interesting option.

#5: TE-We have no one capable of replacing Leggett as a receiving threat so expecting a huge drop off next year in that department. Someone really needs to step up especially with a first year QB.

#6: Do we "process" anyone? We really need to have some people move on to open up scholarships, our recruiting classes are always way smaller than the other elite programs.

This isn't my predicted spring depth chart for next year, but I think this is the depth chart when games start:

QB: Cooper/Bryant
RB: Fuller/Feaster
WR: Cain/Higgins
WR: Powell/Rodgers
WR: Renfrow/McCloud
TE: Richard/Williams
LT: Hyatt/Anchrum
LG: Hearn/Simpson
C: Falcinellli/Cervenka
RG: Crowder/Morris
RT: Pollard/Morris

Whoever wins the QB job should have plenty of time to throw to a WR core that is still going to be stacked. Cain will be a monster next year.

DE: Ferrell/Kelly
DT: Pagano/Huggins
DT: Lawrence/Pinckney
DE: Wilkins/Bryant
SLB: O'Daniel/Williams
MLB: Lamar/Joseph (One of Lamar or Joseph will move to Boulware's spot, I prefer Lamar play MLB)
WLB: Joseph/C. Smith or R. Smith
CB: Baker/Terrell or Mullen
FS: Smith/Wallace
SS: Johnson/Muse
CB: Carter/Edmond or Fields

Defense is incredibly deep and so many options.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: