You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2017 Off-Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 711
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, forgot about him. He'll be on the roster too. Isn't 6 DE's a lot?


Kodaraw wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I really like both signings...Duke gives us a true back up at the strong safety position and Taylor gives us more depth on the DE since OO and Wynn can be counted on and Moss is still wet behind the ears. I think on third down we will move JPP inside so Taylor can get after the qb. Plus, this will allow OV and JPP to not play so many snaps like last year so if we make the playoffs they won't be gassed.

JPP, OV, Taylor, OO, Moss is a very good DE group that shouldn't be over looked. (Didn't mention Wynn because I believe he will be cut)

Kodaraw wrote:
We signed S Duke Ihenacho and DE Devin Taylor. Really like the Taylor signing. Makes Wynn/OO expendable. JPP, OV, Taylor, Romeo Okawa, Moss. I think we will keep OO over Wynn if we keep 6 DE.

Sadly, missed out on ILB Gerald Hodges who signed with Buffalo. Would have been a great pickup.


No love for Romeo Okwara?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1502
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Crap, forgot about him. He'll be on the roster too. Isn't 6 DE's a lot?


Kodaraw wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I really like both signings...Duke gives us a true back up at the strong safety position and Taylor gives us more depth on the DE since OO and Wynn can be counted on and Moss is still wet behind the ears. I think on third down we will move JPP inside so Taylor can get after the qb. Plus, this will allow OV and JPP to not play so many snaps like last year so if we make the playoffs they won't be gassed.

JPP, OV, Taylor, OO, Moss is a very good DE group that shouldn't be over looked. (Didn't mention Wynn because I believe he will be cut)

Kodaraw wrote:
We signed S Duke Ihenacho and DE Devin Taylor. Really like the Taylor signing. Makes Wynn/OO expendable. JPP, OV, Taylor, Romeo Okawa, Moss. I think we will keep OO over Wynn if we keep 6 DE.

Sadly, missed out on ILB Gerald Hodges who signed with Buffalo. Would have been a great pickup.


No love for Romeo Okwara?


Yeah, it is. And we have good depth at DT. A great problem to have, really. Interested to see how it shakes up. I can't see us cutting OO this year, but idk what we will do. IIRC, Taylor's salary is full guaranteed because we signed him prior to week 4?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14596
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vernon, JPP, Okwara, Wynn, Moss, Taylor, Owa. 7 DEs that can potentially make the roster. Only 5 will make it. Vernon and JPP are starters. Okwara is a lock to me as well; he was the first guy off the bench last year and was 1 of the 4 aces in 3rd down situations. Moss is most likely a lock as well considering we invested in him recently. Wynn, Owa, and Taylor will be fighting for the last spot. Taylor will probably come out on top, although I'd rather have Wynn.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1502
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Vernon, JPP, Okwara, Wynn, Moss, Taylor, Owa. 7 DEs that can potentially make the roster. Only 5 will make it. Vernon and JPP are starters. Okwara is a lock to me as well; he was the first guy off the bench last year and was 1 of the 4 aces in 3rd down situations. Moss is most likely a lock as well considering we invested in him recently. Wynn, Owa, and Taylor will be fighting for the last spot. Taylor will probably come out on top, although I'd rather have Wynn.


I'd rather have Taylor, then OO, then Wynn. Wynn has declined in play over the last few years. OO is a 3rd round pick going into his 3rd year, but is garbage against the run. Early to give up on a 3rd rounder, but he hasn't shown a lot to warrant a roster spot. Taylor showed a lot of potential his first two years in Detroit, but then when he was the starter, he didn't live up to that hype. Still, we have a talented DL and he has shown he can ball when he isn't the starter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ESKY008


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 1381
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Lewis arrested in Ohio
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 711
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smdh, this could cost his a roster spot. Especially if Rudolph catches their eye at camp like he is at OTA's.


ESKY008 wrote:
Roger Lewis arrested in Ohio
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14596
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darius Powe would make the roster before Rudolph. Funnily enough, this may not matter anyway. We may only carry 5 WRs on the final 53 if we carry more TEs. And the 5 WRs would be OBJ, Marshall, Shepard, Harris, and King. At TE, Engram and Ellison are locks and Lacosse, Adams, and Tye have all been impressive. We could potentially carry 5 TEs.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 711
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we only carry 4. Engram, Ellison, Adams, Tye


minutemancl wrote:
Darius Powe would make the roster before Rudolph. Funnily enough, this may not matter anyway. We may only carry 5 WRs on the final 53 if we carry more TEs. And the 5 WRs would be OBJ, Marshall, Shepard, Harris, and King. At TE, Engram and Ellison are locks and Lacosse, Adams, and Tye have all been impressive. We could potentially carry 5 TEs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5509
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite an encouraging article featuring Engram and Webb: http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/52401/its-been-almost-all-business-for-davis-webb-and-evan-engram-this-summer

Both guys seems to be exceptionally hard workers, dedicating themselves giving each other their best chance of excelling in the pros. Can't wait to see the kind of results it yields.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group