Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2017 Off-Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 690
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%, if he can pass the physical then we def need to pick him up. Could be another pass rush weapon for us because we have no depth behind JPP or OV.

w4rrior723 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
Dion Jordan was released. Total disappointment in Miami but intriguing on a cheap deal


Sign him for the minimum before the Pats snatch him up and turn him into an All-Pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14487
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Names the Giants have been linked to recently via rumors: Evan Engram, Davis Webb, Jarrad Davis, Cam Robinson, and most peculiarly, Tyus Bowser. Also, apparently there's a lot of smoke and no fire with Njoku and Cunningham. Giants would also like Reddick, but he'll be long gone before 23.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GMENNATION


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 476
Location: Greater New York Area
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Names the Giants have been linked to recently via rumors: Evan Engram, Davis Webb, Jarrad Davis, Cam Robinson, and most peculiarly, Tyus Bowser. Also, apparently there's a lot of smoke and no fire with Njoku and Cunningham. Giants would also like Reddick, but he'll be long gone before 23.


The Njoku visit being canceled is very interesting. I can't recall a time I've heard of that happening with the Giants but you have to wonder if that changes their consideration with him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14487
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Names the Giants have been linked to recently via rumors: Evan Engram, Davis Webb, Jarrad Davis, Cam Robinson, and most peculiarly, Tyus Bowser. Also, apparently there's a lot of smoke and no fire with Njoku and Cunningham. Giants would also like Reddick, but he'll be long gone before 23.


The Njoku visit being canceled is very interesting. I can't recall a time I've heard of that happening with the Giants but you have to wonder if that changes their consideration with him.


For a guy like him I seriously doubt it. He's a clean prospect. I doubt this visit would have changed evaluation on him much at all in either direction.

Overall though, I think the Giants will have other guys in their board available they like more and are ranked higher than Njoku at 23. Defensive talent is stacked and I can't blame them for going with the value. Taking Bowser over Njoku would be odd to me, but a guy like Davis is overall a more solid prospect than Njoku is.

Two other names tied to the Giants, specifically for round 2: Demarcus Walker and TJ Watt. I like both of those guys and they'd be incredible value in round 2. We've been linked to Mahomes as well, but like McCaffrey and Howard, there is a 0 chance he is available barring a trade up. I can guarantee he goes to the Cardinals at the latest.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GMENNATION


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 476
Location: Greater New York Area
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Names the Giants have been linked to recently via rumors: Evan Engram, Davis Webb, Jarrad Davis, Cam Robinson, and most peculiarly, Tyus Bowser. Also, apparently there's a lot of smoke and no fire with Njoku and Cunningham. Giants would also like Reddick, but he'll be long gone before 23.


The Njoku visit being canceled is very interesting. I can't recall a time I've heard of that happening with the Giants but you have to wonder if that changes their consideration with him.


For a guy like him I seriously doubt it. He's a clean prospect. I doubt this visit would have changed evaluation on him much at all in either direction.

Overall though, I think the Giants will have other guys in their board available they like more and are ranked higher than Njoku at 23. Defensive talent is stacked and I can't blame them for going with the value. Taking Bowser over Njoku would be odd to me, but a guy like Davis is overall a more solid prospect than Njoku is.

Two other names tied to the Giants, specifically for round 2: Demarcus Walker and TJ Watt. I like both of those guys and they'd be incredible value in round 2. We've been linked to Mahomes as well, but like McCaffrey and Howard, there is a 0 chance he is available barring a trade up. I can guarantee he goes to the Cardinals at the latest.


TJ Watt is getting more and more buzz as well. I've seen him mocked at the end of the first round even. He'd be a great get in the second round if he fell that far.

I wouldn't mind any of the top 3 QBs if they fell to us. The Giants can go in so many different directions this draft that it'll be fun to see how it shakes out. Months ago, I would've been thrilled if Dalvin Cook fell to us in the first round. Now he's barely talked about as a 1st round prospect. I wouldn't be shocked if Joe Mixon is drafted before him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14487
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1449
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.


Not Bowser. I watched him a lot this season (I go to UHLC). He's a little raw to say the least. Watt for sure. But Njoku if he's there is still my pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 690
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants really like Davis, if he's there then he's the pick. They think Goodson and Davis as the LBs of the future with this DL eliminates Dallas' biggest strength which is running the ball.

minutemancl wrote:
Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1449
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Giants really like Davis, if he's there then he's the pick. They think Goodson and Davis as the LBs of the future with this DL eliminates Dallas' biggest strength which is running the ball.

minutemancl wrote:
Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.


Goodson's two concussions in limited action terrifies me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 690
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think that has to be an issue too but Davis is more of a WILL and Casillas isn't getting any younger. With WLB being Davis better fit, I'm thinking the giants like the idea of DK, Goodson and Davis as the LB core for years to come.

My family and I are die hard University of Gators fan and I've seen every snap of Davi's career at Florida. He's a down hill LB and attacks the ball with tenacity. Will easily be out best run stopping LB and he can cover alost any TE in this league, especially Jordan Reed. He bits really hard on play action but the Gators teach all of their LB's to attack the RB on each play except obvious pass downs.

Kodaraw wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Giants really like Davis, if he's there then he's the pick. They think Goodson and Davis as the LBs of the future with this DL eliminates Dallas' biggest strength which is running the ball.

minutemancl wrote:
Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.


Goodson's two concussions in limited action terrifies me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2592
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.


Not Bowser. I watched him a lot this season (I go to UHLC). He's a little raw to say the least. Watt for sure. But Njoku if he's there is still my pick.


Engram in the first?!!?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1449
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers and Foster both had diluted samples... Hm..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1449
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Yeah I think that has to be an issue too but Davis is more of a WILL and Casillas isn't getting any younger. With WLB being Davis better fit, I'm thinking the giants like the idea of DK, Goodson and Davis as the LB core for years to come.

My family and I are die hard University of Gators fan and I've seen every snap of Davi's career at Florida. He's a down hill LB and attacks the ball with tenacity. Will easily be out best run stopping LB and he can cover alost any TE in this league, especially Jordan Reed. He bits really hard on play action but the Gators teach all of their LB's to attack the RB on each play except obvious pass downs.

Kodaraw wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Giants really like Davis, if he's there then he's the pick. They think Goodson and Davis as the LBs of the future with this DL eliminates Dallas' biggest strength which is running the ball.

minutemancl wrote:
Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.


Goodson's two concussions in limited action terrifies me.


Would you put Duke Riley inside?

I like Davis inside, but he does bite on run a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14487
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Giants really like Davis, if he's there then he's the pick. They think Goodson and Davis as the LBs of the future with this DL eliminates Dallas' biggest strength which is running the ball.

minutemancl wrote:
Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.


Davis would be there, but I seriously doubt he will be available at 23. Those 3 guys I think will all be available and the Giants have been linked to all 3.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14487
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Our first round pick will be one of these 3 guys: TJ Watt, Tyus Bowser, or Evan Engram. I'm about 90% sure of it.


Not Bowser. I watched him a lot this season (I go to UHLC). He's a little raw to say the least. Watt for sure. But Njoku if he's there is still my pick.


Engram in the first?!!?!


He won't be available with our pick in the 2nd. All inclinations are that if the Saints get their DB at 11, which they will/should, they are targeting Engram at 32.

Engram is a tight end in the mold of Jordan Reed and could even eventually take over for Brandon Marshall as an outside receiver when Marshall moves on. Supremely talented receiver. We don't have a guy like him on the roster.

The other thing about Davis, besides my thinking that he will be taken earlier, is that the injuries are concerning, especially considering it wasn't too long ago we were the most injured team in the NFL. For that same reason, I don't think we'd pick Foster if he was available 23. Bowser and Watt and Cunningham are the 3 LBs they've been linked to that I think are definite possibilities at 23, with more emphasis on the first 2.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group