Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2017 Off-Season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Goodson will be out MLB this year...let's hope we bring back Robinson and draft Reddick.

mattbags2313 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
How is the OL not bottom 5 in the league and name a RB core on a team that worse than ours. Our greatest asset is a rookie 4th rounder who struggles to pass protect and a 3rd down back who's coming off an injured season. Darkwa? is nothing more than a special teams player...

reckless123 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Heard a rumor that Darkwa is coming back on a year deal...probably not going to draft an early back or pick up Lacy or Blount. Will go with Perkins, Vereen, Darkwa. Arguably the worst RB group in the league and arguably bottom five OL too...that's a terrible combination.

Bottom 5 OL? Sure. Worst RB group? Not even close.

I agreed with you on our o-line. Green Bay has a worst group, Jacksonville, Oakland (with Murray), Minnesota, TB, Denver, Baltimore, Cleveland. Our group is actually pretty solid.

just playing devils advocate, id take ty Montgomery over any of our backs, I actually think the raiders with/without murray have a solid backfield. Washingtin and richard showed promise. Minnesota does suck lol. I think I'd take the martin, rodgers, sims combo over us for sure. denver sucks, baltimore sucks, and i'd 100000% take crowell and duke johnson over perkins and vareen

Anyone surprised we arent looking at any LBs considering we lost two starters (sheppard and robinson) to FA. Only starter we have is casillas, unless we are banking on goodson
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Giants have expressed interest in former Raiders T Menelik Watson, per source. Just preliminary talks so far.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Quote:
Giants have expressed interest in former Raiders T Menelik Watson, per source. Just preliminary talks so far.

Beat me to it
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better numbers than Hart and Newhouse, according to PFF...

Acgott wrote:
Quote:
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:

Acgott wrote:
Quote:

Dude is hardly ever healthy.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

Acgott wrote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^ facts.....we have interest in fluker. Give me him 1000000000%
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

Acgott wrote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^ facts.....we have interest in fluker. Give me him 1000000000%

Watson is a better tackle than Fluker for sure. Wouldn't mind Fluker inside since Watson signed with Denver
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to sign something for the offensive line lol. Cant rely solely on draft
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
we need to sign something for the offensive line lol. Cant rely solely on draft

We can't rely on the draft period imo
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The signing of Marshall may be rendered insignificant if we don't address the o-line.

WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

reckless123 wrote:
The signing of Marshall may be rendered insignificant if we don't address the o-line.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Groy drawing interest from four teams. Wonder if we are one of them. Played decent last year as a fill in for Eric Wood.

Bennett to the packers. Dang
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Kelvin Beachum to the Jets. Im normally never the guy that barks on management regarding their decisions but you can't seriously avoid the OL, again. This draft is a bad year for lineman. Seriously, all the best available guys are gone.

With Eli's age that has to be a priority. But if we don't the cap space then ignore everything I said. I love Marshall as an addition but how is that gonna matter if we have no OL?

w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
So Kelvin Beachum to the Jets. Im normally never the guy that barks on management regarding their decisions but you can't seriously avoid the OL, again. This draft is a bad year for lineman. Seriously, all the best available guys are gone.

With Eli's age that has to be a priority. But if we don't the cap space then ignore everything I said. I love Marshall as an addition but how is that gonna matter if we have no OL?

Honestly our o-line as a whole is not that bad. Pugh and Richburg are both very good players. The main issue is that the worst player on our line is at he most important position. I truly believe if we had a reliable LT everything would fall into place. Hart and Jerry did a decent enough job on the right side. Could they be upgraded? Sure. But they're not holding the team back. The running game started to come alive when we put someone with decent vision back there. The biggest issue is Flowers penchant for constantly allowing pass rushers clean shots at Eli. Call me crazy but I think if we even flipped Pugh and Flowers our offense would be a lot better. Sure Flowers would still be the weakest link but he's a decent run blocker and at least he won't be out there on an island against pass rushers.

But I agree, we need to address the tackle position. Hopefully we can pick up someone solid. Preferably in FA.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Honestly our o-line as a whole is not that bad. Pugh and Richburg are both very good players. The main issue is that the worst player on our line is at he most important position. I truly believe if we had a reliable LT everything would fall into place. Hart and Jerry did a decent enough job on the right side. Could they be upgraded? Sure. But they're not holding the team back. The running game started to come alive when we put someone with decent vision back there. The biggest issue is Flowers penchant for constantly allowing pass rushers clean shots at Eli. Call me crazy but I think if we even flipped Pugh and Flowers our offense would be a lot better. Sure Flowers would still be the weakest link but he's a decent run blocker and at least he won't be out there on an island against pass rushers.

But I agree, we need to address the tackle position. Hopefully we can pick up someone solid. Preferably in FA.

Flowers is a mess. Yes we have 2 good starters. Hart isn't horrible but he can be upgraded. Flowers as a Guard is not a good idea. He's too big and he has problems with leverage already, imagine putting him with a bunch of powerful 6"2 and under rushers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 11 of 19

Jump to: