Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should be our new Offensive Coordinator
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Who should be our new Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

With McVay in his second interview right now with the Rams he is considered a favorite for the Rams HC position.

Who do you think we should have as our next OC and should this person call the plays?

My thinking is we elevate Matt Cavanaugh to OC/QB coach and we also have Gruden design and call the plays full time. Time for doughboy to OWN something and I think he can do a good job on this.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Who should be our new Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
With McVay in his second interview right now with the Rams he is considered a favorite for the Rams HC position.

Who do you think we should have as our next OC and should this person call the plays?

My thinking is we elevate Matt Cavanaugh to OC/QB coach and we also have Gruden design and call the plays full time. Time for doughboy to OWN something and I think he can do a good job on this.

Cooley said it would be Callahan. I Really have no idea!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's so many things constantly changing with this team we're about to lose a bright spot before we even could build a good staff on both sides to try and maximize the talent on the field! I think we will be fine regardless I just think another year or two with McVay and a good hard focus to making the defense and offense click could have put us where we needed to be! Definitely wish McVay the best either way but I'd personally hope to keep him a few more seasons.

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a long shot but I would want Mike McCoy from the Chargers.
If we couldn't get McCoy then I highly doubt it but bring back Norv for OC.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another name I've read to watch is Tight Ends coach Wes Phillips. Has good bloodlines.

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
S Duke Ihenacho
DE Ricky Jean-Francois
mar29020

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like whenever we have a good coordinator they are gone in a heartbeat. you would think kyle shanahan would be hired before mcvay.
naptownskinsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Another name I've read to watch is Tight Ends coach Wes Phillips. Has good bloodlines.

Phillips would be my pick as well. With the work Callahan does with the O-Line, as well as contribute to the gameplan and some input with playcalls, I don't think his role changes very much. Cavanaugh is a good QB coach but I don't see anything that screams "offensive coordinator" to me. Gruden learned his lesson from Year One and won't get involved in the playcalling duties again, so that won't happen. I am not sure we bring in a Mike McCoy type, who is likely going to look to run his own offense instead of run Jay Gruden's. McCoy is going to go to a place like Denver or Buffalo, a team that has just hired a defensive-minded HC, who will more than likely give him autonomy over the offense.
TKellion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Who should be our new Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

If he is the one who designs our current running offense then I am going to pass on that idea Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Callahan & Gruden calls the plays IMO. I think Callahan left Dallas because he eventually wanted to be an offensive coordinator again and it was clear Jason Garrett picks Scott Linehan over him to call the plays.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Who should be our new Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

If he is the one who designs our current running offense then I am going to pass on that idea Twisted Evil
Our offense is the West Coast/Jon/JayGruden's passing game mixed with Callahan's running game.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think McVay is back.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Who should be our new Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

+1!
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

But what do I know...

Quote:
Alden Gonzalez
‏@Alden_Gonzalez
Source: Rams probably will not be interviewing Kyle Shanahan. They're zeroing in on Sean McVay, though nothing is finalized yet.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
BigTimeRedskins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Josh McDaniels? I wouldn't oppose him, honestly. I imagine I'd be in the minority on this.

Adopt a Redskin
Mack Brown- 8GP, 8 carries, 82 yards, 1 TD; 2 special team tackles
Ryan Kerrigan- 15 GP, 33 (25 solo) tackles, 11 sacks, 2 FF, 2 PD
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

But what do I know...

Quote:
Alden Gonzalez
‏@Alden_Gonzalez
Source: Rams probably will not be interviewing Kyle Shanahan. They're zeroing in on Sean McVay, though nothing is finalized yet.

And now it is. Rams hire McVay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: