Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean McDermott new Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since anyone has posted an update, so I went hunting...

Per The Scoop...

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Posted on Tuesday, the 24th:

"Buffalo Bills: Per sources, Sean McDermott is targeting former Titans defensive backs coach Steve Brown for the defensive backs job with the Bills and a deal could be done in the coming days."

And for the curious...

"Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jags have hired former Bills defensive line coach Jason Rebrovich as an assistant defensive line, per Adam Caplan."

and on Wednesday, the 25th...

"Indianapolis Colts: Former Bills wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal has been hired to coach the Colts wide receivers, per Adam Schefter."

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:

Per The Scoop...

"Buffalo Bills: Per sources, Sean McDermott is targeting former Titans defensive backs coach Steve Brown for the defensive backs job with the Bills and a deal could be done in the coming days."

And for the curious...

"Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jags have hired former Bills defensive line coach Jason Rebrovich as an assistant defensive line, per Adam Caplan."

"Indianapolis Colts: Former Bills wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal has been hired to coach the Colts wide receivers, per Adam Schefter."

Hate to lose Sanjay Lal. Funny how many former assistants are ending up in Jacksonville.

Don't really know anything about Brown but until I have a reason not too, I trust McDermott's decision.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Per The Scoop...

And for the curious...

Hate to lose Sanjay Lal. Funny how many former assistants are ending up in Jacksonville.

Don't really know anything about Brown but until I have a reason not too, I trust McDermott's decision.

My thoughts as well. For some reason, I have just never really paid much attention to that team.

Adopt a Bill:
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Targeting a fresh face for WR coach...

Per The Scoop... http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"Buffalo Bills: The Bills plan to hire East Carolina wide receivers coach Phil McGeoghan to the same post, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN. McGeoghan was a FootballScoop Wide Receivers Coach of the Year award finalist in 2016."

Adopt a Bill:
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:

"Buffalo Bills: The Bills plan to hire East Carolina wide receivers coach Phil McGeoghan to the same post, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN. McGeoghan was a FootballScoop Wide Receivers Coach of the Year award finalist in 2016."

Think this guy will be a future OC in the league at some point. Nice having a young guy we can bring up in our team with all the experienced coaches we have. So it seems to me we just need a DB coach and assistant positional coaches.

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Think this guy will be a future OC in the league at some point. Nice having a young guy we can bring up in our team with all the experienced coaches we have. So it seems to me we just need a DB coach and assistant positional coaches.

Yeah he seems really promising. Hopefully he can learn a lot from Dennison and it'll be nice for him to have Culley on the staff.

Wonder if Zay Jones will be a target now Cool

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Donnie Henderson up to these days?
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Yeah he seems really promising. Hopefully he can learn a lot from Dennison and it'll be nice for him to have Culley on the staff.

Wonder if Zay Jones will be a target now Cool

So, finally made McGeoghan's hiring official, along with some other assistants. From the same source.

"Buffalo Bills: The Bills have announced Phil McGeoghan as wide receivers coach, Matt Smiley as assistant special teams coach, Bill Teerlinck as assistant defensive line coach, John Egorugwu as a defensive quality control and Marc Lubick as assistant quarterbacks coach and offensive quality control."

Can't say I recognize the other names.

Adopt a Bill:
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills hiring Gil Byrd as DB coach.

Wonder if we'll trade for Jarius Laughing

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May not need to trade for him as the beat writer for the saints is saying that Jarius needs to take a pay cut to keep his roster spot if thats the case maybe he just gets cut and comes back to buffalo

Alot of speculation of coaching has been cut off. the media seems not to be in the loop as it has been in the past when it comes to hiring. Yibbyl said it was possibly hiring a titans coach to be DBs and they didnt even contact him yet the media is throwing stuff out there. I guess the owners and front office finally shut their traps after the media tore them apart at the end of the season.

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More coaching hires per The Scoop:

Both reported on Tuesday, the 7th.

"Buffalo Bills: Former Eagles wide receiver Chad Hall is joining the staff as a coaching assistant, according to Albert Breer. Hall and new Bills head coach Sean McDermott were with the Eagles together in 2010."

and

"Buffalo Bills: Bobby Babich, who spent last season as the defensive backs coach at FIU and had been retained on Butch Davis’ staff, has joined the organization as an assistant defensive backs coach. Bobby’s father, Bob, recently joined the Bills as linebackers coach."

Adopt a Bill:
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And per The Scoop, we're done!

"Saturday 2/11/17...

Buffalo Bills: The Buffalo Bills have completed their coaching staff with the additions of Chad Hall (offensive assistant), Princeton defensive coordinator Jim Salgado (defensive assistant), and Matt Worswick and Laura Young as assistants to the head coach. The rest of the staff is as follows; Rick Dennison (OC), Leslie Frazier (DC), Danny Crossman (STC), Juan Castillo (OL / run game coordinator), David Culley (QBs), Kelly Skipper (RBs), Phil McGeoghan (WRs), Rob Boras (TEs), Mike Waufle (DL), Bob Babich (LBs), Gill Byrd (DBs), Bobby Babich (assistant DBs), Andrew Dees (assistant OL), Marc Lubick (assistant QBs / offensive quality control), Matt Smiley (assistant ST), Bill Teerlinck (assistant DL), John Egorugwu (defensive QC), Chad Hall (offensive assistant), Eric Ciano (head strength and conditioning), and Dan Liburd, Marc Loechler, Hal Luther, and Jason Oszvart as strength and conditioning assistants."

Adopt a Bill:
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today on the JMS, McDermott announced officially that Frazier will call the defense.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Today on the JMS, McDermott announced officially that Frazier will call the defense.

What the real question is, is will Frazier be calling HIS defense or just calling plays for McDermott's defense?
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

What the real question is, is will Frazier be calling HIS defense or just calling plays for McDermott's defense?

Exactly what I was thinking. For some reason, I want to say that I remember Frazier's Vikes D always being really inconsistent...really good one week, scrubs the next.

Adopt a Bill:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: